Subject: RE: [Sipping] Exploders anad ad-hoc lists

From: "Orit Levin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 13:44:54 -0800

I like the direction.

Two questions:
1. How do you propose sending the deltas? (Consistently with the updated
requirements' draft.)
2. How do you propose managing the "entry_name" - especially on a B2BUA
that perform the "explosion" and needs to automatically break up the
received list into different lists and pack them again?

My thinking was to use an XML schema such as in my updated
draft-levin-simple-adhoc-list-01.txt that should appear in the IETF
directory soon:

   <xs:schema targetNamespace="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:adrl"
              elementFormDefault="qualified"
              xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:adrl"
              xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">

     <xs:element name="adhoclist">
       <xs:complexType>

         <xs:sequence>
           <xs:element name="delete" type="roster" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="1"/>
           <xs:element name="create" type="roster" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="1"/>
           <xs:element name="add"    type="roster" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="1"/>
           <xs:any     minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" />
         </xs:sequence>

         <xs:attribute name="uri" type="xs:anyURI" use="required" />
         <xs:attribute name="name" type="xs:string" use="required" />
         <xs:anyAttribute />
       </xs:complexType>
     </xs:element>

       <xs:complexType name="roster">
         <xs:sequence>
           <xs:element ref="resource" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="unbounded" />
         </xs:sequence>
         <xs:anyAttribute />
       </xs:complexType>

     <xs:element name="resource">
         <xs:attribute name="uri" type="xs:anyURI" use="required" />
         <xs:attribute name="name" type="xs:string" use="optional" />
         <xs:anyAttribute />
     </xs:element>

   </xs:schema>

Orit.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Gonzalo Camarillo
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 5:39 AM
To: sipping
Cc: Adam Roach; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: [Sipping] Exploders anad ad-hoc lists

Folks,

we have just submitted three drafts about exploders and ad-hoc lists.

We have added more requirements to the following draft. The new 
requirements were mainly discussed in the SIMPLE mailing list.

http://standards.ericsson.net/gonzalo/papers/draft-camarillo-sipping-exp
loders-01.txt

The following draft describes how to carry lists of URIs in SIP 
requests. It is not a finished draft. It is intended to trigger 
discussions on this topic to see whether this is a step the right
direction.

http://standards.ericsson.net/gonzalo/papers/draft-camarillo-sipping-uri
-list-00.txt

The following draft defines a new method called EXPLODE. EXPLODE does 
the same as REFER. That is, it tells a UA to send a request somewhere. 
The differences are that EXPLODE accepts more than one destination 
(REFER carries a single Refer-To header field) and that EXPLODE does not

establish implicit subscriptions of any type. This draft is also 
intended to trigger discussions within the WG.

http://standards.ericsson.net/gonzalo/papers/draft-camarillo-sipping-exp
lode-method-00.txt

Let's try to keep discussions about this topic in the SIPPING mailing 
list. I will forward this mail to the SIMPLE mailing list to let them
know.

Comments are welcome,

Gonzalo

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Orit Levin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:46:21 -0800

I am removing my second question.
(I re-read the xcap-list-usage-01 and found out that the "name" is the
only required attribute - i.e. the only key which could be the URI
itself.)

Thanks,
Orit.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Orit Levin
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 1:45 PM
To: Gonzalo Camarillo; sipping
Cc: Adam Roach; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Sipping] Exploders anad ad-hoc lists

I like the direction.

Two questions:

         <xs:sequence>

   </xs:schema>

Orit.

-----Original Message-----

Folks,

Comments are welcome,

Gonzalo

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 17:16:18 +0200

Hi,

I also like the approach for carrying lists proposed in http://standards.ericsson.net/gonzalo/papers/draft-camarillo-sipping-exploders-01.txt

For me the best part is how this aligns with XCAP list usage, since I believe that we should be able to do the exactly same things using both ad hoc and pre-provisioned lists. 

Markus 

> From: ext Orit Levin [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 25 November, 2003 01:46
> To: Orit Levin; Gonzalo Camarillo; sipping
> Cc: Adam Roach; Niemi Aki (NMP/Helsinki); Khartabil Hisham
> (NMP-MSW/Helsinki); Isomaki Markus (NRC/Helsinki)
-list-00.txt

Comments are welcome,

Gonzalo

---

From: "Orit Levin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 12:15:25 -0800

Just to clarify:

This specific part (i.e. using XCAP schema alone) does not meet the
delta requirements right now. "Operations" need to be appended to
list/roster XML schema in order to do this.

Orit.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 7:16 AM
To: Orit Levin; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Sipping] Exploders anad ad-hoc lists

Hi,

I also like the approach for carrying lists proposed in
http://standards.ericsson.net/gonzalo/papers/draft-camarillo-sipping-exp
loders-01.txt

For me the best part is how this aligns with XCAP list usage, since I
believe that we should be able to do the exactly same things using both
ad hoc and pre-provisioned lists. 

Markus 

-list-00.txt

Comments are welcome,

Gonzalo