Subject: Re: [Sipping] User=Phone/DialString and Pause and Wait

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 09:34:47 EST

In a message dated 11/24/2003 11:47:54 AM Eastern Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> Rumors are always fascinating to watch form and spread.
> 
> Contrary to what you may have heard, no one has proposed modifying
> a tel uri to carry a dial string, nor to permit pause/wait in a tel uri.
> 

Sorry if I misunderstood the points being made by some. I'm certainly 
relieved that there is no proposal to add pauses and waits to the tel:uri. The 
discussion in IPTEL was about the user=phone parameter in the tel:uri (or so I 
thought) and there were several comments about the need to include pauses and waits.

If the discussion of user=phone and dialstring was not about modifying the 
tel:uri to carry a dial string, why was it reported that the tel:uri draft has 
been held up pending this discussion?

So where and why were the pauses and waits being proposed?

Mike Pierce

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 09:48:26 -0500

I sent in the IPTEL minutes to the chairs yesterday.  What they record 
is that Brian has volunteered to write a draft documenting a new 
user=dialstring parameter.  People have accepted the need for such a 
parameter, but are not convinced on the pauses and waits.  Brian is 
presumably working to obtain such conviction so he can add the feature 
to his draft.

[email-masked] wrote:

> relieved that there is no proposal to add pauses and waits to the 
> tel:uri. The discussion in IPTEL was about the user=phone parameter in 
> the tel:uri (or so I thought) and there were several comments about the 
> need to include pauses and waits.
> 
> If the discussion of user=phone and dialstring was not about modifying 
> the tel:uri to carry a dial string, why was it reported that the tel:uri 
> draft has been held up pending this discussion?
> 

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP