Subject: [Sipping] SIMPLE vs XMPP

From: Samir Chatterjee <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 10:32:29 -0800

Is anyone aware of a comparison made between SIMPLE and XMPP for instant
messaging/presence services?

Samir

Dr. Samir Chatterjee

School of Information Science

Claremont Graduate University

130 East 9th Street

Claremont, CA 91711

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:31:55 -0500

Great - all the people who are well-rested from writing comparisons 
between H.323 and SIP can now step forward and again talk about vague 
generalities like scaling, formats and security :-) Given how 
enlightening the comparisons were last time, I'm sure we'll enjoy the 
repeat performance :-)

[Disclaimer: I contributed to one of those earlier comparison papers.]

> Claremont Graduate University

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Yutaka SAKAI <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 17:16:51 +0900

FYI : this is from point of view of XMPP/Jabber side ;-)

  The Instant Messaging Standards Race:
    Comparing XMPP/Jabber and SIP/SIMPLE
  May 2003  Version 1.0
  http://www.jabber.com/media/1_The_IM_Standards_Race_v1.0.pdf

thanks,
yutaka

Samir Chatterjee wrote:
> Is anyone aware of a comparison made between SIMPLE and XMPP 
> for instant messaging/presence services?