Subject: [Sipping] Comments on draft-ietf-sipping-kpml-01.txt

From: Bert Culpepper <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 09:50:55 -0500

I noticed the following on my first read of the draft.

It's not clear to me how to indicate in a KPML document the SIP dialog 
an entity in the call path wishes to receive associated key presses. 
The "leg", "call-id", "from-tag", and "to-tag" described in section 3.2 
don't seem to be specified in section 7.  (BTW, I don't think "leg" will 
be needed if the SDP addressing is removed.)  An example code fragment 
would be useful I believe.

Section 3.6.3 contains the text

    This means that further SUBSCRIBE requests on the same dialog MUST
    result in SIP 481 SUBSCRIPTION DOES NOT EXIST response.

This seems odd to me, wouldn't a subsequent SUBSCRIBE request result in 
a new subscription or be denied by the notifier.  Or maybe it should 
read "...NOTIFY requests..." in the above.

The message examples in section 6.1 have what looks like editorial 
comments around the CSeq lines, specifically F10 and F11.

Regards,
Bert

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP