Subject: [Sipping] Push-to-Talk specifications

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 09:46:28 +0100

Hello,

I would like to know if there is any RFC or Draft that states the specifications of the Push-to-Talk
service.

Thanks in advance,

Hector Berna

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Confidencialidad

Este  correo  electrónico  y,  en su caso, cualquier fichero anexo al mismo, contiene información de
carácter  confidencial  exclusivamente  dirigida  a  su  destinatario o destinatarios y propiedad de
Vodafone  España.  Queda  prohibida  su  divulgación,  copia o distribución a terceros sin la previa
autorización  escrita  de  Vodafone España, en virtud de la legislación vigente. En el caso de haber
recibido  este  correo  electrónico  por error, se ruega notificar inmediatamente esta circunstancia
mediante reenvío a la dirección electrónica del remitente y la destrucción del mismo.

Confidentiality

The  information in this e-mail and in any attachments is classified as Vodafone España Confidential
and  Proprietary Information and solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). You are
hereby  notified  that  any  dissemination, distribution or copy of this communication is prohibited
without  the  prior  written consent of Vodafone España and it is strictly prohibited by law. If you
have received this communication by error, please, notify the sender by replying e-mail.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 10:56:21 +0200

Hector,

no, there are no RFCs or I-Ds about Push-To-Talk. There are several 
companies providing this type of service, and there is not a single 
standard for Push-To-Talk.

In any case, you can find the specifications developed by an industry 
consortium in the link below (at the bottom of the page.) These specs 
were taken by OMA as an starting point for their own specs.

http://www.ericsson.com/products/product_selector/Inst_Talk_hpsol.shtml

Regards,

Gonzalo