Subject: [Sipping] WGLC on Early Media Drafts

From: "Dean Willis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 16:24:38 -0600

Based on feedback from the Minneapolis meeting, it seems that the Early
Media work is believed ready to proceed. 

Please review:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-early-media-01.txt

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-early-disposition-00.
txt

Please send any comments back to the authors, and copy the list if your
comments are appropriate for public reading (and they SHOULD be!).

The working group last call for these documents will close January 7, 2004.

Thanks,

--
Dean

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 09:10:59 +0200

Folks,

I have received one comment on the early media disposition type draft 
that will be addressed adding the following text at the end of the first 
paragraph of Section 4:

***
It is also NOT RECOMMENDED to use the same transport address (IP address 
plus port) in a session body and in an early-session body. Using 
different transport addresses (e.g., different ports) to receive early 
and regular media makes it easy to detect the start of the regular media.
***

Gonzalo