Subject: [Sipping] Interworking IPv4 / IPv6 with SIP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 14:31:33 +0100

Hello,

I am wondering in interworking IPv4 and IPv6  networks.

How does it affect to SIP protocol?

There are several ways to translate from IPv4 to IPv6 and viceversa. Which is the best one for SIP?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Hector Berna

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Confidencialidad

Este  correo  electrónico  y,  en su caso, cualquier fichero anexo al mismo, contiene información de
carácter  confidencial  exclusivamente  dirigida  a  su  destinatario o destinatarios y propiedad de
Vodafone  España.  Queda  prohibida  su  divulgación,  copia o distribución a terceros sin la previa
autorización  escrita  de  Vodafone España, en virtud de la legislación vigente. En el caso de haber
recibido  este  correo  electrónico  por error, se ruega notificar inmediatamente esta circunstancia
mediante reenvío a la dirección electrónica del remitente y la destrucción del mismo.

Confidentiality

The  information in this e-mail and in any attachments is classified as Vodafone España Confidential
and  Proprietary Information and solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). You are
hereby  notified  that  any  dissemination, distribution or copy of this communication is prohibited
without  the  prior  written consent of Vodafone España and it is strictly prohibited by law. If you
have received this communication by error, please, notify the sender by replying e-mail.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Dorgham Sisalem <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 15:22:40 +0100

Hello,

check  www.fokus.fhg.de/mobis/publ/Sisa0301:SIP.pdf for
a paper describing a translation possibility.
the SIP implementation under www.iptel.org/ser is capable
of translating between the two worlds

cheers

-- 
Best regards,
 Dorgham                            mailto:[email-masked]