Subject: Re: [sipping] comment on draft-polk-sipping-location-requirements -01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 09:33:49 EST

In a message dated 12/18/2003 4:04:42 AM Eastern Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> I think Jonathon has summed up the needs for emergency calling. The proxy 
> must be allowed to add to the SIP-device's location information. Then let the 
> operator make the decision about accuracy.
> 

Sounds good, but I still don't see how the operator (emergency service 
bureau) can make the decision between two conflicting pieces of information. What 
specifically can the proxy add to allow this decision to be made?

Mike

---

From: Michael Hammer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:15:52 -0500

At 09:33 AM 12/18/2003 -0500, [email-masked] wrote:
>>must be allowed to add to the SIP-device's location information. Then let 
>>the operator make the decision about accuracy.
>
>
>bureau) can make the decision between two conflicting pieces of 
>information. What specifically can the proxy add to allow this decision to 
>be made?

You don't decide, you pass on both pieces of information along with an 
indication of the source.

Mike Hammer

>Mike

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP