Subject: Re: [Sipping] Exploders anad ad-hoc lists

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 20:23:53 +0200

Orit,

> 1. How do you propose sending the deltas? (Consistently with the updated
> requirements' draft.)

The idea would be to send them as a URI parameter of a subsequent 
request. Which request to use would depend on the application you are 
implementing. For example, for ad-hoc presence, the natural choice would 
be a SUBSCRIBE.

Regarding how to indicate that what you are sending is a delta rather 
than a full list, it should be handled by the XML definition of the list.

Gonzalo

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Orit Levin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 16:47:06 -0800

Do you mean providing a kind of "operation" definition such as in
draft-levin-simple-adhoc-list-01.txt?

       <xs:element name="adhoclist">
          <xs:complexType>

            <xs:sequence>
              <xs:element name="delete" type="roster" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="1"/>
              <xs:element name="create" type="roster" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="1"/>
              <xs:element name="add"    type="roster" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="1"/>
              <xs:any     minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" />
            </xs:sequence>

            <xs:attribute name="uri" type="xs:anyURI" use="required" />
            <xs:attribute name="name" type="xs:string" use="required" />
            <xs:anyAttribute />
          </xs:complexType>
        </xs:element>

Here "roster" stands for "resources-list". 

If yes, I would suggest adding this definition to the
"camarillo-sipping-uri-list" draft (as MMIME or as a part of a single
XML schema) in order to standardise on it ASAP. Then I will be able to
update my draft with just a pointer to the Sipping draft. When are you
planning to submit the next version?

Also, could you, please, emphasize that the "Examples" section is
informative only because the application-specific behavior details need
to be defined in SIMPLE and cc-conferencing drafts.

Thanks a lot,
Orit. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Gonzalo Camarillo [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2003 10:24 AM
To: Orit Levin
Cc: sipping; Adam Roach; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Sipping] Exploders anad ad-hoc lists

Orit,

> 1. How do you propose sending the deltas? (Consistently with the 
> updated requirements' draft.)

Regarding how to indicate that what you are sending is a delta rather
than a full list, it should be handled by the XML definition of the
list.

Gonzalo