Subject: [Sipping] Language Preference in draft-sinnreich-sipdev-req-03.txt

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:31:43 -0500

International-1, language support: SIP devices SHOULD indicate the 
   preferred language using SIP Caller Preferences. The setting for 
   this header MUST be provisioned.  

Might this be expanded a bit?  The MUST be provisioned implies you can't
have a UI choice.  Maybe a default must be provisioned.

Please could we also have a note that this choice may be used to guide
how the call is answered as well as affect text on a UI.  Imagine a call 
center with some bilingual call takers.  Language preference might guide 
which call taker got the call.  Clearly it would also guide how softkeys 
were labeled, what announcements were played, etc.

I'd actually like to see the first SHOULD be a MUST.  Emergency calls,
in particular, need to be routed to someone who can actually communicate
with the caller.

Brian

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP