Subject: [Sipping] SIP and IPv4/IPv6

From: Curro <[email-masked]>
Date: 24 Feb 2004 17:12:40 +0100

Hello all

I would like to make you some questions about SIP and IPv6.Please,
excuse me if this is not the right list. 

I'm interested in SIP and testing behaviour with IPv6/IPv4 interworking.
I know IETF recommend dual-stack. But it describes a SIP/SDP ALG in
draft-ietf-v6ops-3gpp-analysis-08.txt like a transition mechanism. 

I want to have an IPv6-only SIP network and a 'SIP Edge Proxy' and
'Media translator' to communicate IPv6 and IPv4, as described in
mentioned draft.

I would like to know whether someone is working on this. Is there some
implementation of this SIP/SDP ALG? Is SIP/SDP ALG worth or is better
waiting to have all legacy IPv4 hosts with dual-stack?  

Or maybe in my scenario, it could be better other type of IPv6/IPv4
interworking? 

By the way, should the SIP/SDP ALG modify SDP body or not? 

Also, draft-elmalki-sipping-3gpp-translator-00.txt proposes a SIP
extension called ALT. But, if I have understand, it implies modify
end-points, doesn't? 

Please, help me to clarify mi ideas. Thank you very much for your
time and responses.

Curro

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP