Subject: [Sipping] ToIP Requirements

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 11:21:41 +0200

Hello,

the draft below provides a set of requirements for real-time 
conversations using SIP.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manyfolks-sipping-toip-01.txt

Nevertheless, I have found a lot of device requirements in the text, but 
I fail to understand which particular protocol requirements we need to 
fulfill with new protocol extensions.

While SIPPING is the right place to handle requirements that will lead 
to new SIP protocol extensions, SIPPING may not be the right place to 
deal with device requirements (e.g., text phones MUST have a display of 
at least 100 characters).

Thanks,

Gonzalo

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 12:24:24 -0600

At 11:21 AM 2/24/2004 +0200, Gonzalo Camarillo wrote:

>While SIPPING is the right place to handle requirements that will lead to 
>new SIP protocol extensions, SIPPING may not be the right place to deal 
>with device requirements (e.g., text phones MUST have a display of at 
>least 100 characters).

In the US, Orgs like the TIA do this device requirement type of work 
(specifically the TR41.4 group within TIA)

>Gonzalo

cheers,
James

                                *******************
                 Truth is not to be argued... it is to be presented