Subject: RE: [Sipping] Drafts on exploders

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 15:19:37 +0530

Hi
    I have one doubt here: so u mean to say that B2BUA behaves as a
conference mixer?

Thanks
Ranjit
Ph: 8520408/16 extn: 2173

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Gonzalo Camarillo
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2004 3:09 PM
To: Banibrata Dutta
Cc: 'sipping'
Subject: Re: [Sipping] Drafts on exploders

Hello,

> Why do you need a heavy-weight light B2BUA for "exploding".

Do you mean light *or* heavy-weight?

In any case, you do not want to use a proxy because the services these 
exploders provide (e.g., conferencing) are provided by B2BUAs, not by 
proxies.

Gonzalo

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the
addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in
error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and
delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption,
interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only
send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any
such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any
consequences thereof.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip Use
[email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Sunil Veluvali" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 09:32:45 -0800

Gonzolo,

I believe this idea has merits. If I could somehow instruct my
transaction stateful outbound proxy to preload a set of contacts in it's
request target list (section 16.5 of RFC 3261), I have a generic way to
fan out the request to a set of addresses-of-record. Combine this with
Caller Preferences and now I also have control on how redirections are
handled, etc. 

Since multiple To: headers will break existing implementations, maybe a
better way to go about it is to define a new header called
Request-Target. Say, I have three buddies in my list a, b, c whose
registrations are for a1,a2,b1,b2,c1,c2 respectively.

I could simply a request to my outbound-proxy as:

REQUEST sip:outbound-proxy SIP/2.0
f: me@domain;tag=xyz
t: all@domain
Call-ID: xxxx
M: me@m1
Request-Target: a@domain,b@domain,c@domain
Request-Disposition: proxy,recurse,parallel,no-queue

Almost all of what I need is available in a transaction stateful proxy
server.

Thanks,
Sunil

> interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we 
> only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for 
> any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or 
> any consequences thereof.
> 
> This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP Use 
> [email-masked] for questions on current sip Use 

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP Use
[email-masked] for questions on current sip Use
[email-masked] for new developments of core SIP