Subject: [Sipping] E2M security

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:43:55 +0200

Hello,

Regarding requirement number 5 of the following draft:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-e2m-sec-reqs-01.txt

*****
5.  It SHOULD allow a UA to request the recipient UA to disclose the
        same information that the requesting UA is providing to the proxy
        server to the same proxy server. The request itself SHOULD be
        secure.
*****

We have had some discussions on this issue when working on the session 
policies drafts:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hilt-sipping-session-spec-policy-00.txt

Our conclusions so far are that mechanisms were *one* of the UAs inform 
the proxy about the session are simpler. Of course, one UA can keep its 
trusted proxies up to date while the other does the same with its own 
trusted proxies.

Unfortunatelly, we did not get around to releasing a new revision of the 
draft above, but have been doing some brainstorming on the, so called, 
re-direct model, where UAs establish separate dialogs with the proxies. 
These dialogs are related to the main dialog between the UAs, but are 
different dialogs.

Having an ad-hoc meeting in Korea to discuss these issues may be useful.

As a chair, I would encourage the authors of both drafts to get in touch 
with each other.

Thanks,

Gonzalo

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP