Subject: [Sipping] draft-cgkim-sipping-info-00

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 08:34:35 -0800

I think this topic of far end camera control is important but I don't think
this is the right way to do it. It seems like it would work better to use
SIP to set up a session and use the data in this session to do the control.
Sort of like MRCPv2 or session mode IM does. Have you considered something
like using session mode IM to send mime bodies controlled the camera. One
could define a mime type like application/fecc and send IM with a body like

<pan-relative angle="20" \>

To pan clockwise by 20 degrees from the present position. Anyway, I don't
know the best way to do this and we should probably figure out requirements
before jumping into solutions but I would be glad to see some work like this
get done. Not sure that sipping is the best place for it.

Cullen

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 12:36:59 -0500

IM works quite well for this and similar applications. We use it to 
control other devices beyond cameras, too, as sending an IM saying "look 
at me" and "move camera 20 degrees" are semantically rather similar.

Should this be in MMUSIC?