Subject: [Sipping] Drafts on exploders

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 09:49:40 +0200

Folks,

We have submitted a set of drafts on exploders. The following one 
provides the requirements we are using and a framework to understand the 
rest of the drafts.

http://users.piuha.net/gonzalo/draft-camarillo-sipping-exploders-02.txt

The rest of them can be fetched (until they appear in the archives) from:

http://users.piuha.net/gonzalo/draft-camarillo-sipping-uri-list-01.txt
http://users.piuha.net/gonzalo/draft-camarillo-sipping-adhoc-management-00.txt
http://users.piuha.net/gonzalo/draft-camarillo-sipping-transac-package-00.txt
http://users.piuha.net/gonzalo/draft-camarillo-sipping-multiple-refer-00.txt

Commments are appreciated,

Thanks,

Gonzalo

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 18:11:02 -0500

In section 3, the following is a sleeper:

    Network administrators should note that they need to configure
    proxies to route correctly Request-URIs that contain a "list"
    parameter and are addressed to their domain.

AFAIK there is no definition of what "route correctly" means, nor is 
there anything in 3261 that would suggest that proxies be configurable 
to do this.

I presume what you mean is that when a a proxy is routing a request that 
was addressed to an AOR it controls, and that address contains a url 
parameter named "list", a copy of the list parameter should be inserted 
into each selected target sip or sips uri.

If that is what you mean, then this needs to be called out as a 3261 
extension. I suppose it doesn't need an option name, because the 
exploder won't be referenced unless it has first been deployed, and it 
can't be deployed unless there is a proxy that supports this option.

	Paul