Subject: [Sipping] event in draft-olson-sipping-refer-extensions-01

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:05:39 +0200

Hi:

One of the more cofusing things I found this draft is related to how the subscribed event is selected in the REFER request.

I believe that we want to explicitly indicate to the REFER-Recipient which event the REFER-Issuer wants to subscribe to. We may want to indicate also which events and formats are supported.

If we mimic the SUBSCRIBE behaviour, the event of the subscription is indicated in an Event header. The supported events are indicated in the Allow-events header. As for the format, you have the Accept header, as you point out in the draft.

So my question is: Have you consider to import the Event and Allow-events header in the extended REFER?

/Miguel

---
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586    
Nokia Research Center      Helsinki, Finland

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Orit Levin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 08:48:20 -0800

The draft is more a requirements draft (i.e. SIPPING) rather than the
mechanism. I totally agree that the event specification needs much
better definition and re-using SUBSCRIBE syntax makes a lot of sense to
me.

I would also like to hear comments what of the extensions proposed in
the draft we really need and want to promote towards SIP. In my opinion,
out of all the extensions, the implicit "extended" subscription is the
most questionable.

Thanks,
Orit.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2004 2:06 AM
To: Sean Olson; Orit Levin
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: event in draft-olson-sipping-refer-extensions-01

Hi:

One of the more cofusing things I found this draft is related to how the
subscribed event is selected in the REFER request.

I believe that we want to explicitly indicate to the REFER-Recipient
which event the REFER-Issuer wants to subscribe to. We may want to
indicate also which events and formats are supported.

If we mimic the SUBSCRIBE behaviour, the event of the subscription is
indicated in an Event header. The supported events are indicated in the
Allow-events header. As for the format, you have the Accept header, as
you point out in the draft.

So my question is: Have you consider to import the Event and
Allow-events header in the extended REFER?

/Miguel

---