Subject: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-kpml-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 15:43:38 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Keypad Stimulus Protocol (KPML)
	Author(s)	: E. Burger
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sipping-kpml-02.txt
	Pages		: 42
	Date		: 2004-2-4
	
The Key Press Stimulus Protocol uses the SIP SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY
   mechanism and Keypad Markup Language (KPML) to provide instructions
   to SIP User Agents for the reporting of user key presses.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-kpml-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sipping-kpml-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-kpml-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 02:46:21 -0500

Eric,

The draft talks about sending the subscribe requests on the same dialog 
as the INVITE. For many reasons that have been discussed ad nauseam on 
the list, dialog sharing is a bad idea. GRUU provides a solution that 
does not require dialog sharing. As I recall, there was discussion on 
this point in the last ietf, and this seemed to be the preferred direction.

Is there any reason we cant change this to use gruu's rather than dialog 
sharing?

Also, you are missing the IANA registration for the kpml event package.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Technology Officer                    Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
dynamicsoft
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP