Subject: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-cc-conferencing-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 16:39:22 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Session Initiation Protocol Call Control - Conferencing for User Agents
	Author(s)	: A. Johnston, O. Levin
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sipping-cc-conferencing-03.txt
	Pages		: 34
	Date		: 2004-2-17
	
This document defines conferencing call control features for the
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).  This document builds on the
Conferencing Requirements and Framework documents to define how a
tightly coupled SIP conference works.  The approach is explored from
different user agent (UA) types perspective: conference-unaware,
conference-aware and focus UAs.  The use of URIs in conferencing,
OPTIONS for capabilities discovery, and call control using REFER are
covered in detail with example call flow diagrams.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-cc-conferencing-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sipping-cc-conferencing-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-cc-conferencing-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:59:00 -0500

In section 4.1 a change was made around the descriptin of handling a 
subscription. The new wording seems wrong:

    The SUBSCRIBE should be sent outside the INVITE-initiated dialog.

    Participants leaving the conference send a BYE to the focus.  If they
    have a current subscription to the conference package, they also must
    send a SUBSCRIBE with an Expires:0 header field to terminate both
    dialogs.

There is nothing for "The SUBSCRIBE" to refer back to. I wonder if this 
sentence wasn't intended to be in section 3.4, where it would make more 
sense.

	Paul

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:03:36 -0600

At 02:59 PM 2/23/2004 -0500, Paul Kyzivat wrote:
>sentence wasn't intended to be in section 3.4, where it would make more sense.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the comment.  The SUBSCRIBE mentioned is message F5 in Figure 1, 
but I agree that the wording is bad.  You are right - the statement should 
be in 3.4.

Thanks,
Alan Johnston
MCI
sip:[email-masked]