Subject: RE: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-conference-package-03.txt

From: "Veda Hegde" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:37:30 -0800

Hi,
I don't see anything that would indicate the state of individual media
streams offered by user. If a user is offering audio and video, focus might
choose to mix just the audio and not the video. In that case, is there a way
to indicate that just the video stream was muted by the focus?
Thanks,
Veda

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 7:18 AM
To: IETF-Announce:
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sipping] I-D
ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-conference-package-03.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Event Package for Conference
State
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg, H. Schulzrinne
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sipping-conference-package-03.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2004-2-18

This document defines a conference event package for the Session
   Initiation Protocol (SIP) Events framework, along with a data format
   used in notifications for this package. The conference package allows
   users to subscribe to a conference URI. Notifications are sent about
   changes in the membership of this conference, the status of users'
   participation in the conference, and the sidebars in the conference.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-conference-package-03
.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sipping-conference-package-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-conference-package-03.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Orit Levin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 13:23:30 -0800

No, there is none ... By design.

This draft defines a basic conference package. There are may useful
things that we could add, but decided to leave out in order to agree on
minimal set of useful and stable definitions. "Mute" status has been a
topic of controversy in the past: what side does the mute? What streams
are affected? Etc.

The current version proposed to resolve the controversy when still
keeping this useful status alive.
Only "mute by focus" is reflected in the package. Also, as a general
concept, it indicates that the user does not contribute to the
conference an any way. I would say that if voice and/or IM is not muted,
but just a noisy video is - the user is NOT muted-by-focus.

The alternative to this approach would be NOT to have the mute status at
all for the basic conference package...
I obviously voted to have it in the format proposed in the latest
version.

I hope that it will still be useful to your applications,
Orit.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Veda Hegde
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 10:38 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Sipping] I-D
ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-conference-package-03.txt

Hi,
I don't see anything that would indicate the state of individual media
streams offered by user. If a user is offering audio and video, focus
might choose to mix just the audio and not the video. In that case, is
there a way to indicate that just the video stream was muted by the
focus?
Thanks,
Veda

-----Original Message-----

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Proposal
Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Event
Package for Conference
State
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg, H. Schulzrinne
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sipping-conference-package-03.txt
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2004-2-18

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-conference-packag
e-03
.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sipping-conference-package-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-conference-package-03.txt".

	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP Use
[email-masked] for questions on current sip Use
[email-masked] for new developments of core SIP