Subject: [Sipping] Doubt in ANBF defined in draft-ietf-sip-history-info-02.txt draft

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 10:47:37 +0530

Hi All,

            I have a doubt on the ABNF of "history-info" header as defined
in "draft-ietf-sip-history-info-02.txt" :-

    History-Info = "History-Info" HCOLON   hist-info *(COMMA hist-info)
    hist-info = hi-targeted-to-uri *( SEMI hi-param )
    hi-targeted-to-uri= name-addr

Please note that grammar for name-addr is defined in RFC 3261.

However in an example of History-Info header defined in the draft (in
section 4.2) :-
History-Info:<sip:[email-masked]?Reason=SIP;cause=302;text=
"Moved Temporarily">; index=1; foo=bar

note that quoted string occurs in uri-parameters of SIP URI

But as per the SIP-URI grammar defined in Rfc3261, quoted string cannot
occur .

Please confirm on this..

Regards
Anil N

Hughes Software Systems (HSS)-  B'lore India
Office Number: +91-80-51067074

***********************  HSS-Unclassified   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited
(HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information and
should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is
intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts no responsibility for
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus."

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Brett Tate" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 12:47:30 -0400

> However in an example of History-Info 
> header defined in the draft (in section 4.2) :- 
> But as per the SIP-URI grammar defined in 
> Rfc3261, quoted string cannot occur .
> 
> Please confirm on this..

A quoted string can occur; however the 
example does not reflect the escaping 
across the sip-uri which must occur.

However I continue to have doubts with the
escaping/unescaping process concerning 
quoted strings containing UTF8-NONASCII 
characters.  This can occur in a sip-uri
when embedding a header containing a 
name-addr with a UTF8-NONASCII display-name.