Subject: [Sipping] profile data for SIP policies

From: Simonetti Gabrielle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 17:53:30 +0200

Hi,
Some questions on draft-ietf-sipping-session-indep-policy-00:
- Has the XML schema already been defined for the application/session-policy+xml type (section 4.2 of the draft)?
- How does the policy document relate to the Profile Delivery Framework: how should it be included in the device configuration data? Should it be part of the Local Profile, of the User Profile? Or should it be an independent document?
- How does the policy document relate to the general configuration parameters?
- Actually, are the Local Profile data and User Profile data being standardized? Will a draft come out with schemas for this data?
Regards,
Gabrielle Simonetti
Telecom Italia

Gruppo Telecom Italia - Direzione e coordinamento di Telecom Italia S.p.A.

====================================================================
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons
above and may contain confidential information. If you have received
the message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof
is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete
the message. Should you have any questions, please send an e_mail to
[email-masked]. Thank you
====================================================================

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Volker Hilt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 17:56:23 -0400

Simonetti Gabrielle wrote:
> - Has the XML schema already been defined for the
>   application/session-policy+xml type (section 4.2 of the draft)?

We are currently revising the draft (including the schema) and plan to 
submit a new version for the upcoming meeting. Please let me know if you 
have any requirements or items you would like to see in the draft.

> - How does the policy document relate to the Profile Delivery
>   Framework: how should it be included in the device configuration data?
>   Should it be part of the Local Profile, of the User Profile? Or should
>   it be an independent document?

The two drafts clearly need to be aligned (which is what we are 
currently doing). The goal is that policies and device configuration can 
co-exist in the same document.

The separation of the profile types (user, device, local, application) 
enables multiple entities to manage profile data. It does not determine 
the profile content or the XML schema used. Thus, an XML schema could be 
used for local profiles and for user profiles.

> - How does the policy document relate to the general configuration

Policies are part of the configuration information.

> - Actually, are the Local Profile data and User Profile data being
>   standardized? Will a draft come out with schemas for this data?
> 
Again, I don't think there will be a schema for local or user profile 
data. There will be schemas for different aspects of profile information 
(e.g. media, SIP protocol, address books) which can be used in local, 
user, device, etc. profile types. Of course, not all schemas will make 
sense for every profile type.

-- Volker