Subject: [Sipping] WGLC: KPML

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 15:50:22 +0300

Folks,

we would like to working group last call the following draft:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-kpml-06.txt

This WGLC will finish on November 20th. Please, send you comments to the 
authors and to the list.

Thanks,

Gonzalo

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Bert Culpepper <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 22:28:07 -0400

I sent comments to the authors on the -05 revision but due to the WGLC I
repeat a few here in case the WG may have an opinion.

- The document has the following statement in the abstract.

   "The event package uses SUBSCRIBE messages and allows for XML
   documents that define and describe filter specifications for capturing
   key presses (DTMF Tones) entered at a presentation-free User Interface
   SIP User Agent (UA)."

Two things here, one is that this statement implies that the event
package is limited to use with presentation-free UAs.  The second is the
phrase "(DTMF Tones)", this package is an alternative to the use of DTMF
tones being used to represent key presses.  I would just remove "(DTMF
Tones)" and "presentation-free User Interface" from the paragraph.

- The same comments apply to the first paragraph of the Introduction.
Again, it should not be implied that the scope of the event package is
limited to DTMF reporting but is applicable to any scenario where a user
presses a keypad (hard or soft).  I do feel that it should be pointed
out that the event package is useful for both presentation-free User
Interfaces and those with a display of some sort, and that it can
replace the use of DTMF to represent user input.

The rest of my comments are editorial.

- I've always understood Reference numbers should start a 1 and 
increment from there, and should reflect their order of appearance in 
the document.

- s/inferace/interface/ in the 3rd paragraph of section 2.

- s/provde/provide/ in the 9th paragraph of section 2.

- "an" is repeated in the paragraph preceding Figure 6.

- s/Subcriptions/Subscriptions/ in section 3.8's title.

- s/supressionand/supression and/ in the last paragraph of section 4.3.

- The note at the end of section 4.3 should be removed.  I'm not aware
of a use case for this at this point and the hope is to finish this work 
quickly AFAIK, so the note should be removed.

Best Regards,
Bert