Subject: [Sipping] Update to Location conveyance ID

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 16:03:04 -0500

I've updated the Location Conveyance ID at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-location-requirements-02.txt

Here are the main changes from the previous version:

    - added requirements for 2 new 4XX error responses (Bad Location
      Information) and (Retry Location Body)

    - added "Bad Location Information" as section 8.6

    - added "Retry Location Body " as section 9.3

    - added support for session mode to cover packet sizes larger than
      the single packet limit of 1300 bytes in the message body

    - added requirement for a SIP entity to SUBSCRIBE to another for
      location information

    - added SUBSCRIBE and NOTIFY as section 8.5

    - added requirement to have user turn off any tracking created by
      subscription

    - removed doubt about which method to use for updating location
      after a INVITE is sent (update)

    - cleaned up which method is to be used if there is no dialog
      existing (message)

    - removed use of reINVITE to convey location

    - clarified that UAs include <provided-by> element of PIDF-LO when
      placing an emergency call (to inform ERC who supplied Location
      information)

    - updated list of open issues

    - added to IANA Considerations section for the two new 4XX level
      error responses requested in the last meeting

I've requested time at the meeting already - and would appreciate comments 
to this list

cheers,
James

                                *******************
                 Truth is not to be argued... it is to be presented

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP