Subject: [Sipping] RFC 3960 on Early Media and Ringing Tone Generation in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:21:51 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3960

        Title:      Early Media and Ringing Tone Generation
                    in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
        Author(s):  G. Camarillo, H. Schulzrinne
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       December 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 31692
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipping-early-media-02.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3960.txt

This document describes how to manage early media in the Session
Initiation Protocol (SIP) using two models: the gateway model and the
application server model.  It also describes the inputs one needs to
consider in defining local policies for ringing tone generation.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Proposal
Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP