Subject: [Sipping] Comments on draft-ietf-sipping-app-interaction-framework-03

From: "Joe Zebarth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 13:28:43 -0500

Colleagues

The following are a few comments that I have with respect to
draft-ietf-sipping-app-interaction-framework-03.

Would it be worth noting in the abstract and/or the introduction that this
document is providing IANA registration for a new "SIP Option Tag" and a new
"Header Field Parameter"?

Is there an inconsistency between Figure 1 which shows the "user interface"
on the network side of the user device and the definition "Focusless User
Interface: A user interface which has no ability to perform focus
determination.  An example of a focusless user interface is a keypad on a
telephone."  So if the definition is correct should Figure 1 show a "user
interface" on the user side of the "user device".  If so, should we consider
a new term that is less confusing for the functionality currently labeled as
"user interface" in Figure 1?

In the definition for "Barge-In", possibly the last sentence should come to
the front.  Minor rewording would be required if this is done.

On page 18 the words "the markup waits".  I observe that the term "markup"
is not in the definitions section, should it be added or is there a better
term for this functionality?

Kindest Regards

Joe Zebarth
ATI Strategic Standards
Nortel Networks (Canada)
Phone: +1 613 765 8481
ESN:    6+395 8481
Fax:     +1 613 763 2697
ESN:    6+393 2697
http://www.nortelnetworks.com <http://www.nortelnetworks.com> 

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP