Subject: [Sipping] Technical reports on Skype protocol analysis and SIP in peer-to-peer mode

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 13:44:11 -0500

We have written two technical reports that might be of interest to 
members of the list. Both can be found at 
http://www1.cs.columbia.edu/~library/2004.html

     Peer-to-Peer Internet Telephony using SIP
     Kundan Singh and Henning Schulzrinne

describes how SIP, with trivial modifications, can operate as a fully 
peer-to-peer protocol, i.e., without per-domain servers. We describe a 
hybrid scenario where parts are in p2p mode, while others follow the 
more "traditional" proxy mode.

     An Analysis of the Skype Peer-to-Peer Internet Telephony Protocol
     Salman A. Baset and Henning Schulzrinne

attempts to analyze how Skype works, constrained by the encryption of 
the protocol exchanges.

We would appreciate comments on these documents.

Henning

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP