Subject: [Sipping] Move Location Conveyance to SIP?

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 14:08:32 -0600

The location conveyance draft:

	draft-ietf-sipping-location-requirements-02.txt

has grown well beyond requirements and into implementation. The group 
consensus a while back was to keep the requirements and implementation 
together for this one, as it helps with the review/publication cycle 
slightly and seems to fit together well. We seem to have a reasonable 
consensus around the technical approach in the draft. We expect the 
next rev of the draft to register a couple of additional SIP 400 class 
response codes making it a SIP extension, albeit a minor one. Since the 
process says this level of implementation belongs in SIP, we probably 
need to migrate this draft over to SIP.

James Polk is working on a revision of the draft. I propose that he 
submit this, when ready, as:

	draft-ietf-sip-location-conveyance-00

Anybody have major issues with this?

--
Dean Willis
SIP, SIPPING co-chair

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP