Subject: [Sipping] wording in the dialog package on mid-dialog requests

From: Rohan Mahy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 09:49:14 -0800

Hi Paul,

To clarify the difference between a 481 to a NOTIFY (intended for a 
subscribe usage), and a 481 to a request specific to the INVITE usage 
of a dialog, I propose the following small change to the text in the 
dialog package.  I believe this addresses your concern with respect to 
the dialog package specification itself. In general, we need to be more 
specific about the context of error responses.

thanks,
-rohan

Current Text
> Once in the confirmed state, the call is active. It can transition to 
> the terminated state if the UAC sends a BYE or receives a BYE 
> (corresponding to the "local-bye" and "remote-bye" events as 
> appropriate), if a mid-dialog request generates a 481 or 408 response 
> (corresponding to the "error" event), or a mid-dialog request 
> generates no response (corresponding to the "timeout" event).

Proposed Text
> Once in the confirmed state, the call is active. It can transition to 
> the terminated state if the UAC sends a BYE or receives a BYE 
> (corresponding to the "local-bye" and "remote-bye" events as 
> appropriate), if a mid-dialog request corresponding to the INVITE 
> usage of that dialog (currently PRACK, UPDATE, INFO, and reINVITE 
> requests) generates a 481 or 408 response (corresponding to the 
> "error" event), or if any mid-dialog request generates no response 
> (corresponding to the "timeout" event).

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP