Subject: Re: [Sipping] XCAP/Config framework question

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 00:56:10 -0500

I think the answer to this needs to be, don't do it.

Content indirection is only going to work when the subscription is for a 
single document. If its for multiples, as in some of the configurations 
of the Event header field, you need to indicate support for the 
xcap-diff format, which effectively provides RLMI-type of functionality 
for this case.

So, if the server cannot serve the subscription because the client needs 
to indicate support for the xcap-diff format but didn't, this is 
probably a 400 error since the client was in violation of the protocol 
specs (MUST include this type amongst its supported types in the Accept 
header field of the subscribe).

-Jonathan R.

Robert Sparks wrote:

> Something I ran into awhile back and haven't found a satisfactory answer 
> to yet:
> 
> Reading through 4.6 of the config framework, where it talks about
> subscribing to all of a user's documents for all application usages
> by leaving the app-id parameter off the Event header:
> 
> What do NOTIFYs look like in this case when the event server is
> using content indirection?  Is it one big NOTIFY with a  bunch of 
> indirections
> (if so, how do you know what AUID and more importantly, what Etag
> goes with which indirection)? Or do you stream out a series of NOTIFYs, 
> each
> pointing to one of the documents? If so, how do you know when you have
> the complete set?
> 
> Maybe this was not as simple as it first looked, and needs something 
> akin to
> rlmi+xml metadata in its notifications?
> 
> RjS
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
> This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
> Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
> Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP
> 

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Director, Service Provider VoIP Architecture   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP