Subject: [Sipping] Update to event throttles

From: Aki Niemi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 14:29:21 +0200

All,

I was about to abandon this draft for good, but lately I have been 
getting offline queries and interest in this work, so I thought I'd 
better pick it up.

So I've made an update to the event throttle draft based on list 
discussion here at SIPPING plus one comment on the sip-implementors. 
Here's a short list of the changes:

- Fixed typos

- Improved the ABNF definitions

- Added an IANA considerations section (with both header field parameter 
and option tag registration information)

- Rewrote the model description

- Added discussion and analysis of estimated bandwidth savings

- Added a chapter that offers some more description of how the notifier 
handles the different buffer policies

Until it appears in the archives, you can pick up a copy here:

http://people.nokia.net/~aki/drafts/draft-niemi-sipping-event-throttle-02.txt
http://people.nokia.net/~aki/drafts/draft-niemi-sipping-event-throttle-02.html

I think there is at least one major open issue left, which is whether or 
not we want to describe the notifier's buffer policy in more detail than 
what the draft currently has. I am a little reluctant to adding this, 
but if folks see this as necessary, I can sketch a proposal and send it 
to the list before Minneapolis.

Process-wise, I would be willing to move forward here in the 
Experimental track, but I think the SIP change process requires a 
Standards Track RFC to register an option-tag.

Thoughts, comments?

Cheers,
Aki

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP