Subject: [Sipping] MSRP BNF issues

From: "derek" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 19:01:47 -0800

I'm implementing MSRP parsers & started with MSRP_url, and I've noticed that
the BNF described in the msrp draft does not match the examples in the
sessions draft.

A snippet from sessions-09:

   To-Path = "To-Path:" SP MSRP-url *( SP URL )

   MSRP_url = msrp-scheme "://" [userinfo "@"] hostport

              ["/" session-id] ";" transport

                        ; userinfo as defined in RFC2396, except

                        ; limited to unreserved.

                        ; hostport as defined in RFC3261

                        ; [Todo: update with RFC number for 2396bis]

and an example from draft-ietf-simple-msrp-relays-02.txt:

    To-Path: msrps:bob.example.net:8145/foo

    From-Path: msrps:example.net:9000/aeiug \

     msrps:example.org:9000/kjfjan \

Issues:

1. What is the '\' between path segments, and what is the line separator
after it? We definitely shouldn't allow a CRLF after the '\'.

2. Should session-id really be optional (may be a more fundamental MSRP
question).

3. What happened to transport? Is it deprecated or just optional now?

--Derek

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP