Subject: [Sipping] label in Conference package

From: "Brian Rosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 08:48:39 -0500

And we continue, in my opinion, to push things like the conference package
forward without understanding how the pieces, including the xcon framework,
and the "template" concept interact with all of this.

Generally, I agree with you that if you have two audio streams, you need to
label them separately, say stereo-left and stereo-right.  

The reference to the xcon framework and template work is that I believe you
DECLARE a stream in the template, which means it defines what a stream does,
and gives it a name.  Then in the SDP, you label a stream with a name so
that you can specify that "this stream is an instance of the stream defined
in the template", then you get to see the status of these streams in the
conference package, and you need a name to distinguish them.

They all have to have the same notion of "label".

This means that the framework has to describe how that works, and the
definitions of the names in the template, SDP, and conference package have
to align with each other.

We can't reasonably do the conference package before we agree on the
framework.  For example, should there be a name hierarchy (ie
masterAudio.Left)?  I suspect we want such a thing.  When we started work on
templates, hierarchy had some nice characteristics.

Brian

________________________________________
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Even, Roni
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 4:06 PM
To: SIPPING WG
Subject: [Sipping] label in Conference package

Hi,
In the example session I noticed that each user media type had a different
label for the same media type. I thought that the idea of label was to have
the same label for the same stream for all participants. This means that the
label of the audio stream should be the same.
The issue of the label raises a question – If the conference allows two
audio streams, how do I identify in the users part which stream is which and
if the user only sends one how do I know which one. Again I thought that the
“label” should identify the streams explained in the mmusic label daft. My
suggestion would be to have label at the conference allowed streams level.
Thanks
Roni
*************************************************************
Roni Even
Polycom Israel
 
Tel: +972-3-9251200
Cell: +972-54-5481099
Fax: +972-3-9211571
*****************************************************************

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP