Subject: [Sipping] draft-ietf-sipping-spam-00

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 20:24:30 -0500

The I-D mentions in section

3.13  Centralized SIP Providers

......
   In this technique, a small number of providers get established as
   "inter-domain SIP providers".  These providers act as a
   SIP-equivalent to the interexchange carriers in the PSTN.
......
   ...it puts back into SIP much of the
   complexity and monopolistic structures that SIP promised to
   eliminate.  As such, it is a solution that the authors find
   distasteful and contrary to the SIP design and architecture.

Well said.

Why not mention [draft-ietf-sipping-certs-00] as a good option ar as the
preferred approach?
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-certs-00.txt

Thanks, Henry

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP