Subject: [Sipping] Preference to 'telephone-event' or 'SIP INFO'

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:53:41 +0530

Hi,

Kindly provide me clarification on the following.

If SIP UA 'A' sends an INVITE containing an SDP with telephone-event to 
SIP UA 'B' viz..

m=audio 71312 RTP/AVP 0 98
a=ptime:20
a=rtpmap:98 telephone-event/8000
a=fmtp:98 0-15

and SIP UA 'B' responds the same with '200 OK', but subsequently SIP UA 
starts sending digits through SIP INFO method (or both i.e., INFO and 2833 
packets), which one of them should be respected or preferred at the 
receiving end SIP UA 'B', assuming SIP UA 'B' supports both? Are there any 
reference drafts/documents/examples depecting the same ? Kindly let me 
know.

Thank you,
Srini

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 10:37:33 -0600

below you have UA-A offering SDP1 to UA-B with a choice of 2 codecs (0 and 
98), the answer from UA-B cannot have more than one codec in the 200 OK, 
yet you mention it does. This is inconsistent and in of violation 
Offer/Answer guidelines, I believe. So, I would say that's the first 
problem with the scenario below.

If UA-A makes two different offers (one with codec 0, and one with codec 
98) which UA-B accepts, then it should be up to UA-A to determine which it 
respects more - i.e. it's an implementation issue and not a protocol issue.

At 03:53 PM 2/15/2005 +0530, [email-masked] wrote:

>reference drafts/documents/examples depecting the same ? Kindly let me know.
>
>Thank you,
>Srini
>
>
>

cheers,
James

                                *******************
                 Truth is not to be argued... it is to be presented