Subject: [Sipping] SIP Connection Guidelines

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:17:53 -0600

Folks:

On behalf of my co-authors, I have just submitted a SIP
connection guidelines I-D.  A variety of SIP transport related
issues are currently being discussed in the IETF including
connection reuse, persistent connections, outbound connection
flows, SIP over SCTP, NAT traversal, and SIP/TCP race conditions.
This document attempts to unify these solutions to such
techniques by describing practical guidelines for implementers
and takes a broad stroke at defining SIP Connection Management.

Until it becomes available in the IETF archives, you can get a
copy from:

http://scm.sipfoundry.org/rep/ietf-drafts/gurbani/draft-gurbani-sipping-connection-guidelines-01.txt

Comments and feedback is extremely welcome.

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani  vkg@{lucent.com,research.bell-labs.com,acm.org}
Wireless Networks Group/Internet Software and Services
Lucent Technologies/Bell Labs Innovations, 2000 Lucent Lane, Rm 6G-440
Naperville, Illinois 60566     Voice: +1 630 224 0216

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP