Subject: [Sipping] Proposed resolution to index in conference-package

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:08:16 -0800

Orit and I talked for awhile on this one and I think we have a proposal that
seems like it should meet everyone's needs with regards to the keys to index
some of the things in the conference package.

No change in <user> definition: <user> is indexed by a unique attribute
called 'entity' of type URI which contains an AOR for the user.

<endpoint> definition is changed to somewhat between -08 and -09 but better
than both:  <endpoint> is indexed by a single unique attribute called
'entity' of type string which is generated by the server and meaningful to
it. If the server wants, it may use things like GRUU for this. The endpoint
also contains *optional* fields as in -09 that are not part of the index and
contain the sip call-id, contact,  and to and from tags.

No change in <media> definition: media is indexed by a unique attribute
called 'id' of type string. This 'id' is NOT the SDP label necessarily.
<media> contains *optional* sub-element <label> as in -09.

Can anyone think of a reason why with would not work?

Thank, Cullen

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Brian Rosen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:26:17 -0500

I'm a little worried about <user> in the context of the dust-up we are
having with Miguel over MSRP in conferences.

AoR is not the only way to distinguish users, and "anonymous" is not an
answer.  The "nickname" thing is a legitimate, used, mechanism which is
something between a real AoR and Anonymous.  We may need to cover nicknames
as the reference (and therefore index) for participants.

I'm still confused by <media>.
If a template defines a media stream called "presenter", and a
participant in the proper role sends the focus an SDP with the label
"presenter" on a media stream, that works.  If the conference package
subsequently shows a media stream called "presenter", that works.

What is id, where does it come from, and what other things use it?
If the template had a stream called "presenter" and the SDP didn't label one
of its streams "presenter" is there another way the focus would understand
what it was supposed to do with that stream?  How would that be related to
this id thingy?  If there is a stream called "presenter" in the template
and somehow, magically, some participant has one, how would the focus come
up with this <id> thing?  Is it unique to the conference or unique to a
participant in a role?

Brian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Cullen Jennings [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 1:08 PM
> To: sipping
> Cc: Orit Levin; Alan Johnston; Rohan Mahy; Brian Rosen; Roni Even
> Subject: Proposed resolution to index in conference-package
> 
>