Subject: [Sipping] updated SIP spam draft

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 04:00:16 -0500

Folks,

I've just submitted an update to the sip spam draft. Per agreement at 
the last meeting, this is now a sipping work item. Until the draft 
appears in the archives, you can pick up a copy at:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-sipping-spam-00.txt

Here are the changes:

* filled in the details on what presence spam is

* discussed further the weaknesses in consent systems, that allow
information from unauthorized users to get through in order to obtain
permissions in the first place

* added reference and discussion to recent work on the ineffectiveness
of computational puzzles due to the usage of zombie machines by
spammers

* elaborated on differences between p-a-id and sip-identity as it
relates to anti-spam

* turned the recommendations section into more of a framework and
added a section on future work, representing things that might be nice
to do but we arent working on yet

* referenced the sip consent framework

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Director, Service Provider VoIP Architecture   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP