Subject: [Sipping] Comments on draft-shacham-sipping-session-mobility-00.txt

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 12:26:26 +0200

Hello,

I like this draft. It puts together a lot of different pieces and 
describes how to use them to provide a meaningful service.

A couple of comments:

Section 5.1.1. says:

    One may also retrieve
    a session to a device that had not previously carried it.  For
    example, a participant in an audio call on his IP phone may leave his
    office in the middle of the call and transfer the call to the mobile
    device as he is running out the door.

However, Section 5.3.2 seems to assume that the user agent generating 
the nested REFER knows the To and From tags for the session. The draft 
needs to discuss whether this is the case, and if so, a way to the user 
agent to discover them.

Section 6.1 proposes to use OPTIONS to discover the capabilities of the 
CN. It would be worthwhile stating that OPTIONS has problems in the 
presence of forking. Nevertheless, when an OPTIONS request is sent to 
the URI of a device, forking should not appear.

Regards,

Gonzalo

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Ron Shacham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 08:31:13 -0500 (EST)

Gonzalo,
Thanks for your comments.  I agree that we need to specify more fully the 
mechanism for getting the session parameters.  Although it didn't find its 
way into the draft, we have specified two solutions, in general--using the 
dialog package and the refer package (with extra header information 
included in the NOTIFY body).  The latter solution wouldn't be appropriate 
in the example you gave where the Mobile Node has not previously referred 
the session.  

Regards,
Ron