Subject: [Sipping] draft-elwell-sipping-redirection-reason-01

From: "Elwell, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 15:16:25 +0000

This examines the need for signalling additional information concerning the
reason for redirection in SIP and proposes an extension to the Reason
header. In particular it can be used in conjunction with request history.

The 01 draft was submitted to address preferences expressed during
discussion of the 00 draft. In my opinion the draft is fairly complete,
although obviously the list of initially registered values for redirection
cause codes might be subject to discussion. I would like to ask how the
community would wish this to progress. Is there interest in making this a
SIPPING work item? Are any changes required?

John

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 10:47:32 -0500

John,

I just took a look at this, and have a couple of questions about 
specific causes:

Cause=1 (Normal redirection - The call has been retargeted for normal 
routing reasons): what is a "normal routing reason"? AFAIK, some or all 
of the other listed causes are themselves normal routing reasons.

Cause=8 (Mobile not reachable): how is this different from causes 2,3,4? 
If you want this, why not "fixed phone unavailable, video phone 
unavailable, etc."?

	Paul