Subject: [Sipping] Torture tests review complete

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 00:17:04 -0500

The review of the torture-test draft is complete. We were able to find
reviewers for each message. Many thanks to the volunteers who took
the time to give the messages fine scrutiny.

I've submitted an update based on their comments. Until it appears
in the repository, you can find it at
http://www.nostrum.com/~rjsparks/draft-ietf-sipping-torture-tests-06.txt

Most of the changes are editorial, removing doubled words, correcting
punctuation, and making a few clarifying tweaks. The major changes are
- replacing the S/MIME message entirely with one
   from Cullen
- removing a bug where we had ttls on some unicast
   addresses in a couple of message.

This version is ready for last call.

RjS

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:08:07 -0500

> the time to give the messages fine scrutiny.
[...]
> This version is ready for last call.

Robert:

I think we should include one test for IPv6.  Since the
representation of an IPv6 address is different when a SIP
message is serialized, it may be a good idea to have a
sanity test on it.

If you agree, I will send you a SIP message with IPv6
descriptors in it.

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani  vkg@{lucent.com,research.bell-labs.com,acm.org}
Wireless Networks Group/Internet Software and Services
Lucent Technologies/Bell Labs Innovations, 2000 Lucent Lane, Rm 6G-440
Naperville, Illinois 60566     Voice: +1 630 224 0216
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:56:07 -0500

I think we should, instead, start work on a SIP using v6 implementers 
guide,
and have a torture test section in that draft. Would you be willing to 
help with that?

RjS

---

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:16:57 -0500

Robert Sparks wrote:
> guide, and have a torture test section in that draft. Would you be 
> willing to help with that?

Sure.  I will touch base with you privately, then, to see what
has been done (I am aware of Gonzalo's I-D on IPv6 transition)
and what needs to be done.

Thanks,

- vijay