Subject: [Sipping] Question regarding sipping-kpml-07

From: Venkatesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:59:13 -0700

Section 4.7 of the KPML draft describes three scenarios as to how a SUBCRIBE 
request for KPML events can terminate:
 1. Explicit Termination (where by the subscribing entity issues a SUBSCRIBE 
with Expires:0).
2. Subscription timer expires.
3. Underlying (INVITE initiated) dialog terminates.
 I had a specific question about (3). The INVITE initiated dialog could 
terminate in one of the following ways:
 (A) The caller actually hung up (so a BYE gets sent on the INVITE initiated 
dialog).
(B) The caller gets redirected (due a REFER or INVITE with Replaces) to 
another destination, where by the 
dialog identifiers/GRUU that was initially used by the entity that requested 
the Subscription gets Replaced by new dialog 
identifiers/GRUU and thus the original dialog terminates (a BYE gets sent).
 Should the UA send a NOTIFY (terminated) in cases like (B) or does (3) 
imply that the subscription has to be kept active
until the caller actually disconnects the call? I would think the 
Subscription should terminate under (3) only if the caller actually
disconnects? Is this a correct ?

Thanks
Venkatesh
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP