Subject: [Sipping] Comments on draft-jennings-sipping-outbound-01

From: "Geir Arne Sandbakken" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 14:00:12 +0200

On Page 7 line 3 you would probably want to exchange "pubic address"
with "public address".

In section 5.1 has the phrase "It MUST support selecting at least two
connections using the mechanism described in Location of SIP Servers
[3]".  Does the mechanism refer to section 4.2 of RFC3263?  If so, MUST
UAs supporting this draft implement DNS/RFC3263 support?

Why doesn't the phrase "The flow-id MAY be set to 1 for the primary
connection and 2 for the backup connection" on page 10 mandate a SHOULD
or MUST?  

In section 5.1 there are two paragraphs the talks about keep alive to
detect whether the connection has failed.  Should there be only one?

Would it be possible to add some text explaining the reason for
selecting 600 seconds as the keep alive refresh?  

Geir Arne

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP