Subject: [Sipping] draft-ietf-sipping-config-framework-06 - application profile

From: Volker Hilt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 12:08:08 -0400

Dan,

the URI construction schemes to be used with the different profile types 
assume that one specific domain is responsible for a profile type (e.g. 
the user's AOR domain is always responsible for the "user" profile). 
This makes sense for "user", "device" and "local" profiles.

Currently, "application" profile data is provided by the user's AOR 
domain. However, there might be cases in which another domain (e.g. an 
application service provider) also wants to provide "application" 
profile data. In this case, the UA might have one (or more) given URIs 
for subscriptions to application profile data. The UA could have 
received these URIs, for example, when signing up for a service or as 
part of the user profile. This scenario doesn't seem to be covered in 
the draft and could probably be added.

In addition, if the "application" profile URI can be different from the 
user's AOR, the "network-user" parameter needs to be allowed for this 
profile type.

-- Volker

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP