Subject: [Sipping] Re: I-D ACTION:draft-jesske-sipping-tispan-requirements-01.txt

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 18:39:51 -0400

Thank you - this version is much more to the point than the prior one!

I still find some context lacking for interpretting what is being 
requested. Primarily I don't understand who these requirements are 
intended to apply to. It seems that you are seeking mechanisms that can 
be used to carry out the simulation requirments. But these mechanisms 
will have to be deployed in some operating environment to be effective. 
And what your assumptions are about that will influence the kinds of 
mechanisms that are suitable.

Pretty much all of these requirements involve the cooperation of 
multiple parties - either a caller and a callee, caller and some network 
component, or callee and some network component. Are you satisfied to 
have these features work only when all parties in the call cooperate?

For instance, consider [REQ-CDIV-1] and [REQ-CDIV-3]. If the callee does 
not cooperate and diverts the call without the proper indications then 
it will be impossible to meet the requirements. Are you seeking 
something that is intended to apply to all sip implementation in order 
to make your service work? Or are you willing to have it only work with 
cooperative callees. (Note that it is generally impossible to guarantee 
that all callees will cooperate unless you have physical control of all 
components including the endpoints.

So it would be helpful to have some indication of the kinds of 
restrictions you are prepared to impose on the system for these features 
to be fully operable. And if you would like to allow different classes 
of restrictions, and corresponding differences in features, then that 
would also be useful to know.

	Thanks,
	Paul

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP