Subject: [Sipping] Ad-hoc on TISPAN NGN requirements during the IETF in Paris

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 22:03:24 +0300

Folks,

we will be organizing an ad-hoc meeting during the IETF in Paris to 
discuss the requirements of ETSI TISPAN NGN on SIP. We would like to get 
a common understanding on what NGN needs from SIP and identify 
requirements that would be better met by a general solution rather than 
an NGN-specific solution.

We will get back to you when we have more information about the 
schedulling and the location of this event.

Regards,

Gonzalo
SIPPING co-chair

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:08:13 +0300

Gonzalo:

Having in mind the stringent deadlines that ETSI TISPAN has, I would 
like to propose to discuss the requirements in the mailing list and 
focus on possible solutions that implement these requirements. We need 
solutions, not discussing the requirements in the ad-hoc meeting.

I want to point out that the newest version of the TISPAN requirements 
draft has been available for a few days:

ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/internet-drafts/draft-jesske-sipping-tispan-requirements-01.txt

and we are working on another document that analyses those requirements 
in search for solutions. This other document will be submitted shortly, 
perhaps today.

Best regards,

       Miguel

-- 
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
sip:[email-masked]
Nokia Research Center      Helsinki, Finland