Subject: [Sipping] draft-elwell-sipping-redirection-reason-02.txt

From: "Elwell, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 11:49:33 +0100

This draft has been posted:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-elwell-sipping-redirection-reason-
02.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-elwell-sipping-redirection-reason
-02.txt> 

Discussions in Minneapolis revealed confusion about the two different
problems the draft was trying to solve: PSTN interworking and the so-called
3xx ambiguity problem. I therefore followed advice to separate the two
problems, and this new draft just deals with PSTN interworking. Note that it
is also referenced from draft-jesske-sipping-tispan-requirements.

I also tried to write down requirements for solving the 3xx ambiguity
problem, but this just led to further confusion as to what the problem
really is, so I have given up on that one. If the present solution happens
to help, then fine.

John

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP