Subject: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-dialogusage-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Multiple Dialog Usages in the Session Initiation Protocol
	Author(s)	: R. Sparks
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sipping-dialogusage-00.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2005-11-28
	
   Several methods in the Session Initiation Protocol can create an
   association between endpoints known as a dialog.  Some of these
   methods can also create a new association within an existing dialog.
   These multiple associations, or dialog usages, require carefully
   coordinated processing as they have independent life-cycles, but
   share common dialog state.

   This memo argues that multiple dialog usages should be avoided.  It
   discusses alternatives to their use and clarifies essential behavior
   for elements that cannot currently avoid them.

   This is an informative document and makes no normative statements of
   any kind.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-dialogusage-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sipping-dialogusage-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-dialogusage-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP