Subject: [Sipping] Port prediction for symmetric NATs

From: "Baruch Sterman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 15:34:26 +0200

Can anyone enlighten me on the method of port prediction as a solution for
traversing symmetric NATs? Does anyone have any statistics on what
percentage of NATs can actually be dealt with using this?

Baruch

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Hisham Khartabil <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 19:59:00 +0100

On Oct 28, 2005, at 3:53 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

>  you will drain the battery in the device quite dramatically

Maybe mobile vendors should invest more in the fuel cell technology :) 
That would fix the problem. It will certainly take less time to produce 
than a solution to the SBC problem :p (sorry couldnt help myself).

Hisham