Subject: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-shacham-sip-media-privacy-01.txt (fwd)

From: Ron Shacham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 09:39:37 -0500 (EST)

We have submitted an updated draft on media privacy.
We chose to focus on the recording aspect, and to more fully define the
negotiation of this using the Preconditions Framework.  We look forward to
comments.

Regards,
Ron

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 15:50:01 -0500
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-shacham-sip-media-privacy-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

 	Title		: Use of the SIP Preconditions Framework for Media Privacy
 	Author(s)	: R. Shacham
 	Filename	: draft-shacham-sip-media-privacy-01.txt
 	Pages		: 9
 	Date		: 2005-11-23

Recording of a conversation presents a possible breach of privacy.
    This document presents a use of the SIP Preconditions Framework to
    negotiate the recording guidelines for the session.  One party may
    assert either their desire to record or their restriction of the
    other party's recording.  In order to establish the session, the
    other party must respond that it agrees to the conditions.  While
    this does not have the power to limit the physical recording by the
    user on the end system, it provides evidence of the expressed wishes
    of one party and the agreement of the other.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shacham-sip-media-privacy-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
 	"get draft-shacham-sip-media-privacy-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
 	[email-masked].
In the body type:
 	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-shacham-sip-media-privacy-01.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
 	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
 	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
 	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
 	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
 	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
 	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
 	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
 	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________

I-D-Announce mailing list

[email-masked]

https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP