Subject: [Sipping] Seeking comments on Session Mobility draft

From: Ron Shacham <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:00:46 -0500 (EST)

Hello.
We are planning to submit the following draft to the RFC editor as an
individual submission.  Before then, we would appreciate receiving 
comments from SIPPING people about it.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shacham-sipping-session-mobility-01.t$

Best Regards,
Ron

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 16:18:24 -0600

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shacham-sipping-session- 

I would strongly suggest that rather than submitting the draft  
directly to the RFC editor that you exercise the new (defined in RFC  
3932, I believe) process of "AD-Sponsored Informational Draft". In  
short, you send the publication request to the sponsoring AD, (in  
this case Allison), who makes sure that the draft gets some level of  
IETF review (with an appeals process, which is important) before the  
draft is send to the RFC Editor for publication.

I learned this lesson with our recent failed attempt to publish the  
voicemail URI draft without IETF review -- we had to withdraw the  
request for publication because the PSTN-mapping codes in the draft  
collided with other mappings, after having wasted some of the RFC  
Editor's incredibly valuable time. Oops.

--
Dean