Subject: RE: [Sipping] BCP for Offer/Answer Use - PLEASE COMMENT

From: "Christer Holmberg (JO/LMF)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 11:42:25 +0100

Hi, 

>>[CHH] No matter how much you put stress on it, you still need to 
>>describe how an offer in PRACK is rejected. We can't assume 
>>offers in PRACKs will always be accepted.
> 
>As Takuya has pointed out in the draft, it is the same thing 
>as with offers in 200 OK for an INVITE or a re-INVITE. You 
>return an acceptable answer, and then, do whatever you feel 
>it is appropriate (e.g., send a new offer or terminate the session)

With re-INVITE you don't have the possible problems related to forking,
and the risk for "offer/answer race conditions" is not as big etc, so
sending a new offer is not as big issue as during session setup.

Regards,

Christer

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 12:47:18 +0200

Hi,

> sending a new offer is not as big issue as during session setup.

here we are dealing with an early dialog. What extra problems does 
forking bring to this particular early dialog?

Regarding the chances of having a race condition, I do not see why they 
are higher ater returning a 200 OK for a PRACK than after sending an ACK.

Cheers,

Gonzalo