Subject: RE: [Sipping] Query about the use of '?' in a uri

From: "Dale R. Worley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 17:58:16 -0500

On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 21:11 +0530, [email-masked] wrote:
> I am not sure whether header components are ignored. If ignored,
> 'sip:[email-masked]?method=INVITE' and 'sip:[email-masked]' should be
> equivalent. But 'RFC3261: 19.1.4 URI Comparison' states, "URI header
> components are never ignored.  Any present header component MUST be
> present in both URIs and match for the URIs to match".

Header *components* are not ignored when an INVITE is generated (other
than the ones that are specified to be ignored), but once the INVITE is
generated, some headers within the INVITE request are likely to be
ignored.

Section 19.1.4 regards URI comparison, which is another matter entirely.

Dale

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP