Subject: [Sipping] Comments on draft-ietf-sipping-toip-03.txt

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 13:33:23 +0200

Hi,

the WGLC on this draft has just finished. The authors have received a 
set of comments that will need to be taken into account.

However, I would like to discuss the scope and the purpose of this draft 
before going ahead with it. By reading the title of the draft, it seems 
like a requirements document. However, the draft seems to define a 
framework: not a framework of requirements, but a framework to implement 
ToIP services. In that sense, the draft seems like the definition of a 
service (the same way as the conferencing framework defines the 
conference service). Additionally, the draft also contains requirements 
on the graphical user interface of the user agents implementing the 
service, and system requirements (e.g., minimum storage capatity of some 
of the nodes used to implement the service).

My question is, what is the purpose of this draft?

Does it aim to define requirements so that the SIPish WGs develop 
protocol extensions needed for the service, does it aim to define a 
service framework using existing protocols and extensions, or does it 
aim to do something else?

We need to clarify what we are trying to do here...

Thanks,

Gonzalo

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP