Subject: Re: [Sipping] Comments requested on draft-drage-sipping-rfc3455bis-00.txt

From: "Dale R. Worley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 00:12:48 -0500

On Sat, 2005-10-29 at 19:05 +0100, Drage, Keith (Keith) wrote:
> iii)	by using this update to devolve the values, and therefore the
> extension, back to a published 3GPP specification.

Assuming that these headers are primarily intended to be used in
services implementing 3GPP, or ones that intend to be highly
interoperable with 3GPP, and assuming that the 3GPP specifications are
well-defined and well-maintained, it would seem that the best and
easiest way would be to devolve these questions to the 3GPP
specifications.

The only objection I can see is if the 3GPP specifications are not
public domain, and so implementors outside of the 3GPP universe would be
unable to obtain the required information easily and cheaply.

Dale

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 11:57:16 -0600

> unable to obtain the required information easily and cheaply.

3GPP specs are not public domain (3GPP retains the copyright), but  
they are publicly accessible.

--
Dean