Subject: [Sipping] Use of .invalid domain name for black hole SDP

From: "Song, Youngsun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 09:47:18 -0500

Hi,

In RFC3725 for 3PCC BCP, it has the following statement regarding black
holed SDP which contains c=0.0.0.0.

"Note that the usage of 0.0.0.0, though recommended by RFC 3264, has
numerous drawbacks.  It is anticipated that a future specification will
recommend usage of a domain within the .invalid       DNS top level
domain instead of the 0.0.0.0 IP address.  As a result, implementors are
encouraged to track such developments once they arise."

Could anyone please tell me what the status of this development is,
where this is being discussed and whether this is being implemented?

Thanks,
YoungSun

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP