Subject: [Sipping] Connected-Party Type

From: "Greier, Tom" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 00:49:16 -0500

Is there a header or a defined manner that allows a SIP PSTN (POTS)
Gateway to, upon call-connection, inform a calling SIP Services
Application what type party has answered the call? Specifically, I am
looking for something that can be placed into the 200OK response from
the Gateway to the SIP Services Application that can tell the Services
Application if the call was answered on the PSTN side by a human, or an
answering-machine, or a fax-machine, or a modem, etc. 
 
Thanks,
Tom Greier
Intel
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 08:34:04 -0500

I don't know how you plan to determine this, but if you can, then you 
may use callee capabilities (RFC3840) attached to the Contact address to 
signal this.

	Paul

Greier, Tom wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>