Subject: RE: [Sipping] WGLC: transcoding documents

From: "Nachum Frid" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 11:33:55 +0200

Gonzalo,

I suggest to mention in the draft that there are several ways to make 
the two party conference that can be used for Transcoding, and not only
according to "draft-ietf-sipping-uri-list-conferencing-04" . 
The basic two party conference (that can be used to invoke transcoding
service) can be established by sending two INVITEs to conference server
with same conference URI  as described in
"draft-ietf-sipping-conferencing-framework-05",
"draft-burger-sipping-netann-11" and in  "
draft-ietf-sipping-cc-conferencing-07" par 5.1 (Dial in conference).

Thanks
Nachum

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Gonzalo Camarillo
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 10:20 AM
To: sipping
Cc: Rohan Mahy; Dean Willis
Subject: [Sipping] WGLC: transcoding documents

Folks,

we would like to working group last call the following two drafts:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-transc-framework-
03.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-transc-conf-01.tx
t

this WGLC will end on January 15th.

Send your comments to the author and to the list.

Thanks,

Gonzalo
SIPPING co-chair

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 11:52:10 +0200

Nachun,

the draft describes a way to invoke transcoding services and it points 
out that the transcoder is modeled as a conference server. Discussing 
all the possible ways to establish a conference is outside of the scope 
of the document.

Thanks for your comments,

Gonzalo

-- 
Gonzalo Camarillo         Phone :  +358  9 299 33 71
Oy L M Ericsson Ab        Mobile:  +358 40 702 35 35
Telecom R&D               Fax   :  +358  9 299 30 52
FIN-02420 Jorvas          Email :  [email-masked]
Finland                   http://www.hut.fi/~gonzalo