Subject: [Sipping] comments on draft-ietf-sipping-config-framework-08

From: "Jason Fischl" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 10:04:16 -0400

5.1 Service Provider Use Case Scenario Bootstrapping with Digest Auth
- this section could benefit from a diagram
- I would remove the sentence, "The device assumes symmetric SIP
signalling as there is no local network profile which may have
provided other firewall or NAT traversal mechanism information."
- common name should be subjectAltName
- I would remove, "Note: for devices with only DTMF style input, the
service provider may provide the host, user ID and password in octal
format that can be entered requiring only digits."

6. Data Model
- I don't think there is enough definition of what an application
profile is. Maybe some more motivational text here

7.13.1 Device URIs
config-framework kind of defines a parallel concept for instance-id
and references outbound as an informative reference. It seems like it
should use the same normative definition

8.1.2 Discovery of device URI
- How would the device discover its outbound proxy?
- item 2: This would take 32 seconds to timeout. Should a shorter
timeout be specified here?

10.1
Common Name should be subjectAltName

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP