Subject: [Sipping] RFC 4596 on Guidelines for Usage of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Caller Preferences Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 15:23:38 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4596

        Title:      Guidelines for Usage of the 
                    Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Caller Preferences 
                    Extension 
        Author:     J. Rosenberg, P. Kyzivat
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       July 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      40
        Characters: 82954
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipping-callerprefs-usecases-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4596.txt

This document contains guidelines for usage of the Caller Preferences
Extension to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).  It demonstrates
the benefits of caller preferences with specific example
applications, provides use cases to show proper operation, provides
guidance on the applicability of the registered feature tags, and
describes a straightforward implementation of the preference and
capability matching algorithm specified in Section 7.2 of RFC 3841.  
This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Proposal 
Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP