Subject: AW: [Sipping] Comments on draft-poetzl-sipping-call-completion-00 .txt

From: "Alexeitsev, D" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 16:11:20 +0200

Hallo Gonzalo

The required functionality is not to manage the access to a specific resource, but to manage the processing of the notifications for change in the state of a resource. 

In the regular case multiple subscribers to the same resource will get the notification about the change of the resource state simultaneously. This behaviour is required for some applications, but not wanted for the ccbs/ccnr service. In order to cope with it, the regular notification procedures are extended with the FIFO management policy that is initiated during dialog establishment.

That is in our opinion an event package internal extension, that does not required any external interfaces.

Hope that clarifies.

Greetings,
Denis Alexeitsev

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 09:32:58 +0300

Hi,

> The required functionality is not to manage the access to a specific
> resource, but to manage the processing of the notifications for
> change in the state of a resource.

yes, event packages deal with notifications.

> In the regular case multiple subscribers to the same resource will
> get the notification about the change of the resource state
> simultaneously. This behaviour is required for some applications, but
> not wanted for the ccbs/ccnr service. In order to cope with it, the
> regular notification procedures are extended with the FIFO management
> policy that is initiated during dialog establishment.

The FIFO management you are talking about here consist of managing the 
"access to a specific resource", statement that you do not agree with in 
the paragraph at the top of this email. You propose a FIFO queue in 
order to decide who gets access to the resource (i.e., being able to 
talk to the user).

> not required any external interfaces.

It does not require external interfaces, but you are effectively 
extending an event package to perform floor control (or FIFO queue 
management if you prefer to call it like that), and that should be 
discussed, because it is not the typical behavior of an event package.

My opinion is that this type of management should be outside the scope 
of an event package.

Cheers,

Gonzalo