Subject: RE: [Sipping] RE: Comments on draft-ietf-sipping-toip-05.txt - Pa rt 1of 2

From: "Roy, Radhika R." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 07:30:29 -0400

Frank:
 
The beef is simple.
 
What it means to be editors, authors, and contributors.
 
There is a process and its legality. Nothing one can be changed arbitrarily.
If anyone has any problems, it has to be worked through IETF process. The
same also applies to all of us. No one should be left behind
 
That's it.
 
Best regards,
Radhika

  _____  

From: [email-masked] on behalf of Frank Shearar
Sent: Wed 7/5/2006 4:14 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Sipping] RE: Comments on draft-ietf-sipping-toip-05.txt - Part
1of 2

This whole saga is getting out of hand. 

What's your beef, Radhika? You're still listed as a contributor. Noone's 
trying to erase evidence of your contributions to the draft. Heck, I've 
devoted days of my life to reading and commenting on this draft, and I'm not

mentioned. The same goes for lots of people. 

We're writing this draft to bring much-needed inclusivity to SIP land. We're

writing this draft so that not just mainstream users (who have lots of 
communications options available to them) can have another modality open to 
them, but also so that deaf, hard of hearing people and speech-impaired 
don't get even more side-lined than they already are. They are, after all, 
stuck with 1970s technology that costs as much as a laptop does (with far 
less functionality), unable to communicate outside the little walled gardens

they happen to find themselves stuck in. In the future, unless work like 
this draft happens, they will be even MORE sidelined. 

Please, let's focus on what's important. 

frank 

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP