Subject: [Sipping] Config Framework: extending HTTP?

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 15:05:50 -0500

There is a procedure described in the current config framework document 
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-config-framework-08.txt), 
starting on page 26, which effectively allows the device to bootstrap 
configuration using an HTTPS URI. In this procedure, the client includes 
the RFC3265 "Event" header field, so as to communicate a set of 
relatively critical parameters.

At the very least, I think this requires some discussion in the IANA 
section to add this header's use in HTTP (the proper registry, I 
believe, is 
http://www.iana.org/assignments/message-headers/message-header-index.html, 
defined in RFC3864).

I would also think that the general usage of an HTTP header in this way 
should probably be run by the http community.

Sorry if this has been brought up in the past, but I don't recall 
discussions along these lines, and a quick search through the mailing 
list archives didn't turn anything up.

/a

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Dan Petrie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 23:21:33 -0700 (PDT)

Ok you caught me.  I did not think the HTTP police
were watching.

What is your recommendation?  Shall we use a form
variable called Event?

Cheers,
Dan

> list archives didn't turn anything up.

SIPez LLC  
SIP VoIP, IM and Presence Consulting  
http:/www.sipez.com  
tel: +1 (617) 273-4000