Subject: RE: [Sipping] Some thoughts on fixing early media

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 08:57:38 +0200

Colin Pons
Senior Architect
WSO Innovation Management

Juha

The issues early-media and billing are not only about interoperability
with PSTN (through gateways). Since people want to emulate PSTN using
SIP, these issues become more pressing. 

I am not suggesting that we should re-implement all PSTN features and
behavior for emulated or simulated PSTN services; I personally think
that concept is flawed. But that is how the TISPAN recommendations are
right now. 

Colin

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Juha Heinanen [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Verzonden: woensdag 19 juli 2006 8:27
Aan: Jeroen van Bemmel
CC: 'sipping'; Dean Willis
Onderwerp: Re: [Sipping] Some thoughts on fixing early media

Jeroen van Bemmel writes:

 > In other words: opt-out. In SIP, this would translate to the UAS 
 > automatically sending 2xx (and the proxy cancelling other branches)
after a 
 > delay, after playing its early media.

why can't pstn gw sent 200 ok instead of 18x and then wait until [delay]
has passed before it sends "start" accounting request?

-- juha

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Juha Heinanen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 10:12:12 +0300

> that concept is flawed. But that is how the TISPAN recommendations are

then let those people solve their PSTN emulation related problems
WITHOUT complicating IETF sip beyond comprehension.

-- juha

---

From: Jiri Kuthan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 02:36:09 +0200

>SIP, these issues become more pressing. 

Colin,

currently we are discussing how to accomodate PSTN scenarios with
a clean and simple signaling model. The suggestions in this spirit
don't preclude communication with PSTN, on the contrary.

>that concept is flawed. But that is how the TISPAN recommendations are

It is not clear to me how TISPAN recommendations relate to this discussion.

-jiri

--
Jiri Kuthan            http://iptel.org/~jiri/