Subject: [Sipping] draft-anil-sipping-bla-03

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 11:12:58 -0700

I was glad to see this - I think it is a problem that many  
implementers would like to have better advice on how to solve.

Few comments:

At a very high level, imagine you had three AOR, [email-masked],  
carol@example. and [email-masked]. Bob and Carol both "staff"  
the helpdesk and Alice is calling it.
Imagine that helpdesk is a shared line and that Bob and Carol UAs are  
configured to know about it and both register for calls on it. Bob  
and Carol could use their own credentials in the digest  
authentication. It seems like if you did this, you could avoid the x- 
line-id and the sla tags. Both Bob and Carol would know that this  
helpdesk line required special "shared line" processing and would  
subscribe to the dialog package on it and also as you describe.

In the abstract, you might want to provide a sentence or two on what  
BLA is as some people might not be familiar with the term.

Cullen <with my individual hat on>  (and forgive me for slow  
responses - I'm going to be busy over next month and I am starting a  
lot of threads :-)

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Venkatesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 14:30:10 -0700

Cullen:

Having a UA hold 'additional' information for shared line appearances twill
definitely avoid requiring a new event package parameter. However, the
x-line-id parameter would still be required to sync up multiple calls being
offered to multiple UA's.  Say, In your example below, the UA resources of
Alice and Bob permit them to handle 5 simultaneous calls for 'helpdesk'.
When multiple calls are placed to 'helpdesk' one would want the ability to
sync both Alice and Bob's UA as to which specific resource to use when
offering the call so as to enable the end user to place an incoming call on
hold and announce "call on line 1 for xyz". The x-line-id parameter serves
this purpose.

Venkatesh