Subject: [Sipping] SIP Performance Metrics

From: "Romascanu, Dan \(Dan\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 01:01:19 +0300

I am cross-posting the bmwg and sipping wg lists on purpose.   

There seem to be quite a lot of commonality between the following
Internet-Drafts:

-
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-malas-performance-metrics-03.t
xt
-
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-poretsky-sip-bench-term-01.txt
 
It would be nice if the authors of the two drafts would work together to
make sure that SIP performance metrics are being defined in one place
(in the IETF at least) and the same definitions are being used for SIP
performance measurement and benchmarking.

Regards,

Dan

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Daryl Malas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 16:11:26 -0600

This communication and work is taking place to make sure the efforts are
complimentary (and relative to the specific working groups) and do not
overlap.  The differences were discussed in Montreal, but to recap...the
work in Sipping is end-to-end and the work in BMWG is single DUT.

Thanks..--Daryl