Subject: [Sipping] RFC 4730 on A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Event Package for Key Press Stimulus (KPML)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 16:22:15 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4730

        Title:      A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
                    Event Package for Key Press Stimulus 
                    (KPML) 
        Author:     E. Burger, M. Dolly
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       November 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      56
        Characters: 120186
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipping-kpml-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4730.txt

This document describes a SIP Event Package "kpml" that enables
monitoring of Dual Tone Multi-Frequency (DTMF) signals and uses
Extensible Markup Language (XML) documents referred to as Key Press
Markup Language (KPML).  The kpml Event Package may be used to
support applications consistent with the principles defined in the
document titled "A Framework for Application Interaction in the
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)".  The event package uses SUBSCRIBE
messages and allows for XML documents that define and describe filter
specifications for capturing key presses (DTMF Tones) entered at a
presentation-free User Interface SIP User Agent (UA).  The event
package uses NOTIFY messages and allows for XML documents to report
the captured key presses (DTMF tones), consistent with the filter
specifications, to an Application Server.  The scope of this package
is for collecting supplemental key presses or mid-call key presses
(triggers).  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Proposal 
Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP