Subject: RE: [Sipping] Comments on new Sipping drafts - 605, 303?

From: "Elwell, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 01:52:18 +0000

Rajesh,
 
I am not sure I understand your scenarios correctly, but 603 at present will
cancel all current branches and not permit any new branches, and hence it
would not allow the call to be answered by voicemail. So 603 already covers
your scenario 4, and there is no need for 605. I agree that your scenario 2
is perhaps not covered, but your draft seems to propose 605 for scenario 4,
not for scenario 2.
 
John

  _____  

From: Rajesh Ramanathan [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 06 November 2006 23:58
To: Elwell, John; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Sipping] Comments on new Sipping drafts - 605, 303?

Thanks for the response 

The difference lies in how we treat staged ringing, or unanswered forwarding
(such as voicemail). In one case we still allow staged ringing (603), in
other case the call is declined completely. (Scenario #2 spells out what 603
does and Scenario #4 covers the intention of 605)

So even if you say that Scenario #4 is covered by 603, we will leave
Scenario #2 unsolved.

Rajesh

From: Elwell, John [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2006 2:46 PM
To: Rajesh Ramanathan; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Sipping] Comments on new Sipping drafts - 605, 303?

Rajesh,

Concerning 605, RFC 3261 already says that CANCEL SHOULD be sent on each
branch, so I see hardly any difference between 605 and 603.

John

  _____  

From: Rajesh Ramanathan [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 06 November 2006 18:45
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sipping] Comments on new Sipping drafts - 605, 303?

Hi all,

I haven't seen any comments on the following two drafts that were submitted
some time ago.

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/sipping/draft-rajesh-sipping-605-00.txt
<http://tools.ietf.org/wg/sipping/draft-rajesh-sipping-605-00.txt> 

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/sipping/draft-rajesh-sipping-303-00.txt
<http://tools.ietf.org/wg/sipping/draft-rajesh-sipping-303-00.txt> 

Anyone have comments/feedback on this?

Thanks

Rajesh Ramanathan

Microsoft Corporation

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP