Subject: [Sipping] Comments on new Sipping drafts - 605, 303?

From: Rajesh Ramanathan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 10:44:39 -0800

Hi all,

I haven't seen any comments on the following two drafts that were submitted some time ago.

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/sipping/draft-rajesh-sipping-605-00.txt

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/sipping/draft-rajesh-sipping-303-00.txt

Anyone have comments/feedback on this?

Thanks

Rajesh Ramanathan

Microsoft Corporation

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 17:18:38 -0500

On the 303 draft, I could not understand the problem you were 
describing. Are you trying to come up with a mechanism by which a proxy 
receiving a redirect always recurses on it? I thought that was what you 
wanted, but the mechanism you describe says a proxy either recurses or 
forwards upstream, which is the same as currently defined for 3xx 
responses. So, I didnt understand what was different.

My comment on the 605 draft was similar. It wasn't clear what intention 
you were trying to convey and why what you've defined was different than 
for existing 6xx behaviors.

-Jonathan R.

Rajesh Ramanathan wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
>  
> 
> I haven’t seen any comments on the following two drafts that were 
> submitted some time ago.
> 
>  
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use sip-imp [130.129.71.49] ([10.21.82.238]) by xfe-sjc-212.amer.cisco.com
	with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.1830); 
	Mon, 6 Nov 2006 18:45:26 -0800
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 17:18:38 -0500
From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
To: Rajesh Ramanathan <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Sipping] Comments on new Sipping drafts - 605, 303?
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

On the 303 draft, I could not understand the problem you were 
describing. Are you trying to come up with a mechanism by which a proxy 
receiving a redirect always recurses on it? I thought that was what you 
wanted, but the mechanism you describe says a proxy either recurses or 
forwards upstream, which is the same as currently defined for 3xx 
responses. So, I didnt understand what was different.

My comment on the 605 draft was similar. It wasn't clear what intention 
you were trying to convey and why what you've defined was different than 
for existing 6xx behaviors.

-Jonathan R.

Rajesh Ramanathan wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
>  
> 
> I haven’t seen any comments on the following two drafts that were 
> submitted some time ago.
> 
>  
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

[email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP