Subject: [Sipping] Comment on draft-service-examples-11.txt

From: "Reinaldo Penno" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 23:26:27 -0500

Hello,

I believe there is a small issue in draft-service-examples-11.txt

In the call pickup example, message

F3 SUBSCRIBE  Bill -> Bob

The Subscription-state header is present in the SUBCRIBE request.
According to RFC 3265, section 7.2 such header should not be present
because it is '-' (non applicable) in case of SUBSCRIBEs.

According to RFC3261

"Not applicable" means that the header
   field MUST NOT be present in a request."

I belive a header Expires with value 0 should be used to convey a
immediate expiration.

Thanks,

Reinaldo

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP