Subject: [Sipping] draft-stucker-sipping-early-media-coping

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 18:24:20 -0800

I have to admit there were many parts of this that left me somewhat  
lost on what the problem was or how it was solved. There were also  
some things that left me really surprised if many people use them ....

For example - you very correctly point out that the Alert-Info header  
can only be used where the source of the header is trusted - however,  
I can't imagine any case where this was true and the Alter-Info  
header was useful and suspect that mostly it was not used - or that  
at least where it was used there was huge security holes.

You talk about proxy sdp stripping being a "a very common mechanism"  
- this surprised me so I might just be misunderstanding what you are  
saying. If this is done, I don't see how early media works and if  
early media does not work I don't see how phoning things that need it  
work. I thought that every non trivial deployment did early media.

Anyways ... I don't think I would take any of these comments too  
seriously other than the meta point that I probably don't understand  
the draft and that it probably needs mmuisc and avt review more than  
sip. Also, have you looked at the application interaction framework  
stuff for doing things like inserting media announcements at the  
beginning of a call.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP