Subject: Re: [Sipping] New I-D for P-Served-User header

From: "Mohsen Soroushnejad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 18:06:26 -0700

This discussion may be more relevant on a 3GPP/IMS mailing list.....having
said that:

I believe the intent of this draft (at least one of them) is to facilitate
to fill a "big" hole
in the IMS technical specs w.r.t. support for advanced features by
application servers.

The generic use case is:

1) A calls B (B is IMS subscriber or service PSI).
2) Request is routed to AS and a session is established.
3) AS initiates a request to a new destination C and requires to preserve
the identity of A
4) If you're adhering to the present IMS specs, you're stuck!

There are many advanced telephony-based features that fall into this
framework. Among them:

- "dial-out" services (e.g., calling out from a UM server or a voice portal
application)
-  call center automatic call distributions
-  find me/follow type me services

At present, many IMS vendors either have a "proprietary" solution to
this "standard gap" or have not yet realized (or deny:-) ) that there exists
a gap.

Regards,
Mohsen Soroush

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Re: [Sipping] New I-D for P-Served-User header
------------------------------

   - *To*: "Hans Erik van Elburg \(RY/ETM\)" <hanserik.van.elburg at
   ericsson.com <[email-masked]>>, <sipping at
   ietf.org <[email-masked]>>
   - *Subject*: Re: [Sipping] New I-D for P-Served-User header
   - *From*: "Jeroen van Bemmel" <jbemmel at zonnet.nl<[email-masked]>>

   - *Date*: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 22:46:20 +0200
   - *Cc*:
   - *List-help*:
<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=help<[email-masked]?subject=help>>

   - *List-id*: "SIPPING Working Group \(applications of SIP\)" <
   sipping.ietf.org>
   - *List-post*: <mailto:[email-masked] <[email-masked]>>
   - *List-subscribe*: <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping>,
   <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=subscribe
   <[email-masked]?subject=subscribe>>
   - *List-unsubscribe*: <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping>,
   <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe
   <[email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe>>
   - *References*: <
   [email-masked]<http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipping/current/msg13556.html>>

------------------------------
Title: *New I-D for P-Served-User header*   Hans,

A colleague of mine pointed out sections 6.5.1 and 6.5.2 in TS 23.218, third
bullet:
-     in case the Request-URI changes when visiting an Application Server,
terminate the checking of filter criterias, route the request based on the
changed value of the Request-URI and do not execute the subsequent steps;

In other words, what you describe in your section 3.2 (diversion while
continueing on terminating leg) would not occur for an S-CSCF that follows
the standards

Regarding section 3.3: if the AS converts the incoming terminating request
to a new originating request for user B, shouldn't it also update the
P-Asserted-Identity header to reflect the new originating user?

Regards,
Jeroen

----- Original Message -----
*From:* Hans Erik van Elburg (RY/ETM)<hanserik.van.elburg%20at%20ericsson.com>
*To:* sipping at ietf.org <sipping%20at%20ietf.org>
*Sent:* Tuesday, April 17, 2007 2:11 PM
*Subject:* [Sipping] New I-D for P-Served-User header

I uploaded a new draft for the P-Served-User Private-Header, until it gets
available on the online Internet-Drafts directory you can retrieve it here:

***http://elburg.eln-research.nl/drafts/draft-vanelburg-sipping-served-user-00.txt
*<http://elburg.eln-research.nl/drafts/draft-vanelburg-sipping-served-user-00.txt>

Abstract

   This document specifies the SIP P-Served-User P-header.  This header
   field addresses an issue that was found in the 3rd-Generation
   Partnership Project (3GPP) IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystem) between an
   S-CSCF (Serving Call Session Control Function) and an AS (Application
   Server) on the ISC (IMS Subsystem Service Control) interface to
   convey the identity of the served user and the session case that
   applies to this particular communication session and application
   invocation.

Best Regards,

*/Hans Erik*

 ------------------------------

_______________________________________________
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP