Subject: [Sipping] 433 error response format.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 15:17:29 +0530

Hi All,
  I have a query with reference to the following lines from the draft  "
draft-ietf-sip-acr-code-04.txt" 
for 433 error response Section 4.

4 .UAC Behavior

   A UAC receiving a 433 (Anonymity Disallowed) MUST NOT retry the
   request without anonymity unless it obtains confirmation from the
   user that this is desirable.  Such confirmation could be obtained
   through the user interface, or by accessing user defined policy.  If
   the user has indicated that this is desirable, the UAC MAY retry the
   request without requesting anonymity. 

How will the UAS indicate the UAC that it has a desire for the request to 
be retried. Will this be communicated in some headers like that of 
Retry-Header.
Please throw some light on this issue.

Thanks and Regards,
 Preethi..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Preethi Sadasivan,
Software Engineer,
ARICENT ,
Bangalore.
tel: +91-80-41069118
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***********************  Aricent-Private   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended solely for the use of 
the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be 
circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error, 
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly
prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. Aricent accepts no responsibility for 
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus."
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Drage, Keith \(Keith\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 12:05:30 +0200

First draft-ietf-sip-acr-code belongs to SIP, not SIPPING and is in a state of publication requested.
 
To answer your question, the error is not time dependent, and therefore a Retry-After header is irrelevant.
 
The UAC refused to accept the request because certain conditions were not met. A reattempt is always appropriate if the conditions can be met, otherwise they will always produce the same failure. Resolution of the problem lies entirely with the UAC with no further information required from the UAS.
 
regards
 
Keith

________________________________

	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2007 10:47 AM
	To: [email-masked]
	Cc: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Sipping] 433 error response format.

	Hi All, 
	  I have a query with reference to the following lines from the draft  "draft-ietf-sip-acr-code-04.txt" 
	for 433 error response Section 4. 
	
	4 .UAC Behavior 

	How will the UAS indicate the UAC that it has a desire for the request to 
	be retried. Will this be communicated in some headers like that of Retry-Header. 
	Please throw some light on this issue.

	Thanks and Regards,
	Preethi..

---

From: "adi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 13:19:04 +0300

When receiving 433 it's the UAC responsibility to announce the user that
other party of the call is blocking the call because of the anonymity of the
caller and the user in case he wants to make the call must remove his
anonymity from the new request. This request must be done as a user request
and not automatically by the UAC.

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2007 12:47 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sipping] 433 error response format.

Hi All, 
  I have a query with reference to the following lines from the draft
"draft-ietf-sip-acr-code-04.txt" 
for 433 error response Section 4. 

4 .UAC Behavior 

Thanks and Regards,
Preethi..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
Preethi Sadasivan,
Software Engineer,
ARICENT ,
Bangalore.
tel: +91-80-41069118
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
--

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended solely
for the use of 
the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or
confidential information and should not be 
circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If
you have received this message in error, 
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly
prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this
message. Aricent accepts no responsibility for 
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus."

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 17:26:38 -0400

From: [email-masked]

      [...]

   How will the UAS indicate the UAC that it has a desire for the
   request to be retried. Will this be communicated in some headers
   like that of Retry-Header.

The UAS has no input into the decision by the UAC to retry the request
(without anonymity).

Dale

---

From: "adi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 13:14:16 +0300

UAS don't need to instruct UAC on retry since the decision on retry is user
dependent and the reason to send 433 is because the UAC don't have a way to
handle the case (announcements to dial #82 and the number for example to
allow normal call without hiding caller information).
In some cases of international call the UAC can't identify treatment to the
caller.

Adi

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2007 12:27 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Sipping] 433 error response format.

Dale