Subject: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-ipv6-torture-tests-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Torture Test Messages for Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6)
	Author(s)	: V. Gurbani, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-sipping-ipv6-torture-tests-02.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2007-4-23
	
This informational document provides examples of Session Initiation
   Protocol (SIP) test messages designed to exercise and "torture" the
   code of a SIP implementation that parses IPv6 addresses.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-ipv6-torture-tests-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-sipping-ipv6-torture-tests-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-ipv6-torture-tests-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Darshan Bildikar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 12:34:05 +0530

I've been going through the "norefersub" RFC. 

While I do understand the reasoning behind the header and option tag, I
wonder what the concrete use cases for it are. 

Take where REFER is used for transfer. Does this header change anything in
terms how transfers are implemented?

I'm thinking that a use case for this would be to implement blind transfer
where we don't care about the outcome of the transfer. 

Am I mistaken in looking for a use case for this? Is the assumption that a
REFER with a "norefersub" can be used in the same scenarios as a normal
REFER except that it doesn't create a subscription? (obviously NOT for
scenarios that REQUIRE a subscription)

Darshan

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 10:29:57 +0200 (CEST)

> wonder what the concrete use cases for it are.

Look at draft-ietf-sip-multiple-refer chapter 5 "Suppressing REFER's
Implicit Subscription".

-franz

---

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 08:06:08 -0500

Hi Darshan,

This extension is especially useful when there is already a dialog 
package subscription between the two parties.  For example, see:

   http://tools.ietf.org/wg/sip/draft-mahy-sip-remote-cc-05.txt

Another use would be when using REFER in a conference where there is a 
conference package subscription already in place.

    http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4579#section-5.5

Thanks,
Alan