Subject: [Sipping] SIP Overload control/mitigation Prototyping/Testing

From: "Iliff, Tina" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 21:02:17 +0000

Hi!  I am aware of two current IETF drafts regarding SIP Overload
Control and Requirements.  Is there any prototyping or testing currently
occurring based on these drafts?

Regards,

Tina Iliff

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 08:25:08 -0500

Hi Tina,
 
There is a design team that meets semi-regularly that has been doing
some modeling of the problem.  Jonathan presented the status at IETF-68
- here's a link to the charts:
http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07mar/slides/sipping-3/sld1.htm
 
The requirements document will go through WGLC soon, so any feedback on
that document would be appreciated.  The expectation is to have a more
solid solution document (with a recommended algorithm) available around
the time of the summer meeting in Chicago.
 
Regards,
Mary 

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Iliff, Tina [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 4:02 PM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Sipping] SIP Overload control/mitigation
Prototyping/Testing

	Hi!  I am aware of two current IETF drafts regarding SIP
Overload Control and Requirements.  Is there any prototyping or testing
currently occurring based on these drafts?

	Regards, 

	Tina Iliff