Subject: [Sipping] Multiple ways to indicate "the user to whom this service applies"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 16:19:02 -0400

I'm trying to get caught up on all the traffic, and I'm starting to
get deja vu -- there seem to be no less than 4 proposals for
indicating "the user to whome this service applies".  Two documents
specify this information directly:

- "P-Served-User" in draft-vanelburg-sipping-served-user-00.txt

- RFC 4458 "target" and "cause" parameters to request-URI

And two documents specify this indirectly, by keeping a record of the
last destination "name" via which the request was routed:

- RFC 4244 History-Info header

- "request URN mechanism" in draft-rosenberg-sip-ua-loose-route-00.txt

Do these proposals serve different enough functions that they are all
needed?

Dale

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP