Subject: [Sipping] Clarification required on draft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer-00.txt

From: "Ian Elz \(CV/ETL\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 16:06:48 +0200

The draft draft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer-00.txt shows table (Table
1) shows a concise summary of the legal offer/answer combinations
allowed in SIP.

I have a little concern about some of the wording used in the
description of the table:

In the description of the 'ini' column the following sentence is
included:

	Only the initial INVITE request can be used to exchange the
offer/answer to establish multimedia session.

This could be taken to mean that only an INVITE Request can be used for
the sdp offer when a multimedia session, as opposed to a uni-media
session is to be established.

Conversely this could be taken that if an INVITE with no sdp offer is
received the UA may only respond with a single media offer so that there
is no multi-media session.

I am sure that this is not the intent but the wording could perhaps be
made more clear.

In the description of the 'early' column the following sentence is used:

	'Early' column shows the ability to be used to modify the
established session in an early dialog.

This is confusing as the early dialog is usually used to modify a
session which has not yet been established. Once a session has been
established 'early' is no longer applicable.

Ian Elz

Office: + 44 24 764 35256
gsm: +44 7801723668
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP