Subject: [Sipping] SDP offer/answer -- Port 9

From: "Iliff, Tina" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 15:59:39 +0000

Hi!  I have encountered an application in the "real world"  which
provides port 9 in the SDP answer in the 200OK.  The SDP m line
indicates RTP/AVP.  I recognize that port 9 is acceptable if the SDP m
line indicates BFCP.  My question is:   Is port 9 acceptable for
RTP/AVP.  In other words, should the original offerer send an ACK and
then immediate BYE indicating that it rejected the answer?  Or....should
the offerer send an ACK, then send media to port 8?

FYI.  What I am actually seeing is that the answerer indicates port 9 in
the answer but sends a re-INVITE immediately after the ACK; however, the
originator/offerer does not accept the re-INVITE due to it is already in
the process of tearing down the call.    

Has anyone else seen this specific behavior or similar behavior?

P.S.  RFC2327 noted a range of 1024-65535 for RTP ports; however,
RFC4566 does not indicate a specific range.

Regards,

Tina Iliff

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP