Subject: [Sipping] Comments on draft-zhao-sipping-mip-01.txt about multiple IP address in sdp

From: "John.zhao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 10:56:15 +0800

Hi folks,

         Thanks for those guys interesting in this drafts. Some comments are
collected listed below:

1)       Do you want to determine whether one of the addresses actually
works. Hence, this is mostly a subject for local policy, I would say.

[John.zhao] Yes , I think that may be determine by a mechanism provided by
SIP. Because, currently we didn't have any method can do that without
manully.

2)       There is some value of using SIP for MIP binding updates, as it
avoids some of the security issues in MIP binding updates if both sides
already know each other at the SIP level.

[John.zhao] Yes. I think that is also we want to do .

My two cents. 

Although, the SIP also can work based on MIP etc new IP addition management
protocol. But it didn't take into account about the new development of low
level technology at the beginning. So there is so many requirement and new
development about IP transport technology. Maybe review them can make us
benefit in the whole system application.

Welcome comments more and more.

Best Rgds,

Thanks,

John.zhao

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP