Subject: [Sipping] Is this call flow a race condition or RFC non comformance ??

From: Jaimin Pancholi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 14:38:26 +0530

Dear all,
	Is below call flow a race condition call flow or RFC non comformance
???

                Caller                        Callee
                   |                             |
                   |                             |
                   |(1) INVITE with offer 1      |
                   |---------------------------->|
                   |                             |
                   |                             |
                   |(2) 180 with answer 1        |
                   |<----------------------------|
                   |                             |
                   |                             |
                   |(3) PRACK                    |
                   |---------------------------->|
                   |                             |
                   |                             |
                   |(4) 200 PRACK                |
                   |<----------------------------|
                   |                             |
                   |                             |
                   |(5) 200 OK for Invite        |
                   |<----------------------------|
                   |                             |
                   |                             |
                   |(6) UPDATE with offer 2      |
                   |<----------------------------|
                   |                             |
                   |                             |
                   |(7) ACK for INVITE           |
                   |---------------------------->|
                   |                             |
                   |                             |
                   |(8) 200 OK,UPDATE answer 2   |
                   |<----------------------------|

Regards
Jaimin

Email Privacy Declaration
****************************************************************************
***********
	This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information from
HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is
listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way
(including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction,
or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is
prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by
phone or email immediately and delete it!
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Brett Tate" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 15:36:49 -0400

Concerning the shown call flow, sending UPDATE prior to receiving ACK
complies with the RFCs.  However if headers such as Contact or
Session-Expires are not equivalent within INVITE 200 and UPDATE,
confusion can exist if they are received out of order.
 
For completeness, RFC 3311 recommends sending re-INVITE instead of
UPDATE on a confirmed dialog.

________________________________

	From: Jaimin Pancholi [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Monday, August 06, 2007 5:08 AM
	To: SIP; SIPPING
	Subject: [Sipping] Is this call flow a race condition or RFC non
comformance??

	Dear all, 
	        Is below call flow a race condition call flow or RFC non
comformance ??? 

	                Caller                        Callee 
	                   |                             | 
	                   |                             | 

	Regards 
	Jaimin