Subject: [Sipping] SIPPING WG Status

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 09:47:03 -0500

Hi all,

Here's the current status of SIPPING WG chartered items, with a few
highlights summarized.   
The links to the details are at the end.  Despite my rant yesterday, we
are making fairly consistent progress albeit with a bit of a slowdown
since IETF-69, perhaps due to holidays.  

We are moving forward with documents post-WGLC, provided at least one of
the past reviewers gives the go ahead.  This seems less than ideal and
puts the onus on the chair to review and interpret past comments/issues
and use their own judgement as to whether they have been adequately
addressed.  Note, that we don't require nor expect re-reviews for the
cases where only nits are found. 

Regards,
Mary
SIPPING WG co-chair
========================================================================
========

Docs currently undergoing WGLC: 
-------------------------------
- draft-ietf-sipping-sip-offeranswer-03 (WGLC 30 Aug - 30 Sept 2007)
(LONG WGLC to ensure implementer feedback)
Token: Doc editor (Takuya Sawada) to incorporate any feedback. WG to
provide feedback and
Reviewers: Byron Campen, Jonathan Rosenberg, Rajeev Seth, B. Nataraju

Docs currently undergoing WG review (to determine readiness for WGLC): 
----------------------------------------------------------------
- draft-ietf-sipping-nat-scenarios-07 (Review period: 20 Aug - 10 Sept
2007)
Token: Doc editor (Chris Boulton) to incorporate any feedback. WG to
provide feedback. 
Reviewers: Guarav Kuhlshreshtha, Vijay Gurbani, Spencer Dawkins
***Note: so far, there's only been feedback from one reviewer, but that
may be sufficient for preparing the doc
For WGLC. However, editor is on holiday, so folks do have a couple weeks
to provide any additional feedback.

Docs having completed WGLC (since July 20th): 
---------------------------------------------
- None.  

Docs planned for WGLC through year-end: 
-----------------------------------------------
- draft-ietf-sipping-nat-scenarios (WGLC 22 Oct - 12 Nov 2007)
Token: Doc editor (Chris Boulton) to incorporate any feedback. WG to
provide feedback. 
Reviewers: Guarav Kuhlshreshtha, Vijay Gurbani, Spencer Dawkins

Docs being worked post-WGLC: 
---------------------------------------------
Note: for these docs, this is really the last chance for folks to
provide feedback. Past reviewers should ensure that any issues raised
during past reviews have been adequately addressed.  For docs that only
had nits, a WG wide re-review is not necessary.

- draft-ietf-sipping-cc-framework-07 (WGLC ended 13 April 2007 - Ready
with nits)
Token: Editor to provide updated version. 

- draft-ietf-sipping-overload-reqs-00 (WGLC ended on 21 May 2007)
Token: Editor to provide updated version. 

- draft-ietf-sipping-config-framework-12 (Extended WGLC ended 9 July
2007)
Token: Editor (bringing in design team as necessary), WG members that
identified issues during IETF-69 discusses
Revision due: Sept. 14th, 2007 (***For folks that raised issues, please
send input ASAP***)

- draft-ietf-sipping-media-policy-dataset-04 (WGLC ended 11 June 2007)
Token: Editor working on updates. (companion document
draft-ietf-sipping-policy-package-04 is Ready for Proto review)
Note: this document has a dependency on the individual
draft-petrie-sipping-profile-dataset, which has a dependency on the
draft-ietf-sipping-config-framework (which is a dependency for the
draft-ietf-sip-session-policy-framework)

- draft-ietf-sipping-race-examples-04 (post-WGLC WG review ended 24 Aug
2007) 
Token: Proto chair.  Only one of the previous reviewers (Vijay Gurbani)
provided a re-review, thus the token is now with the chair to do PROTO
write-up pending any additional feedback. 

========================================================================
 
Links to information on Softarmor:
-----------------------------------
http://www.softarmor.com/sipping/process/review_procedure.html (root
directory for reviews/process) 

http://www.softarmor.com/sipping/process/wg-review/sipping-rt.html 
(sorted by Review due date - most useful for WG to know what they should
be reviewing now) 

http://www.softarmor.com/sipping/process/wg-review/sipping-rt-rev-due.ht
ml
(sorted by revision due date - most useful for doc editors to know when
their next update is expected) 
(Note: I've only listed the docs that are relevant in this version for
clarity/simplicity)

Note, I am simplifying things and I have deleted two of the other
variations of the spreadsheet since we're actually reaching a reasonable
number of working group items.  If anyone, sees a need for these
obsoleted versions of the spreadsheet, let me know.
http://www.softarmor.com/sipping/process/wg-review/sipping-rt-wglc.html 
(sorted by WGLC dates - most useful for tracking official WG milestones)

http://www.softarmor.com/sipping/process/wg-review/sipping-rt-editor.htm
l
(sorted by document editor - most useful for document editors to know
how to prioritize work) 

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 12:06:36 -0500

One additional update to add, as I missed a very important category of
progression:

Docs having been forwarded to AD for publication: 
-------------------------------------------------- 
- draft-ietf-sipping-service-examples-13
Token: AD
Note: Thanks to the Editor (Alan Johnston) and all the reviewers(Vijay
Gurbani, John Elwell, Joel Repiquet, Chandra Ravipati, Eric Burger,
Miguel Garcia, Nagesh Kumar, Jeroen Bemmel and Dale Worley) who
carefully reviewed specific sections of this document.
Note: The proto write-up is available following the "AD" hyperlink in
the spreadsheet.

-----Original Message-----
From: Barnes, Mary (RICH2:AR00) 
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2007 9:47 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Gonzalo Camarillo
Subject: [Sipping] SIPPING WG Status

Hi all,

Regards,
Mary
SIPPING WG co-chair

Docs currently undergoing WG review (to determine readiness for WGLC): 
----------------------------------------------------------------
- draft-ietf-sipping-nat-scenarios-07 (Review period: 20 Aug - 10 Sept
2007)
Token: Doc editor (Chris Boulton) to incorporate any feedback. WG to
provide feedback. 
Reviewers: Guarav Kuhlshreshtha, Vijay Gurbani, Spencer Dawkins
***Note: so far, there's only been feedback from one reviewer, but that
may be sufficient for preparing the doc For WGLC. However, editor is on
holiday, so folks do have a couple weeks to provide any additional
feedback.

- draft-ietf-sipping-config-framework-12 (Extended WGLC ended 9 July
2007)
Token: Editor (bringing in design team as necessary), WG members that
identified issues during IETF-69 discusses Revision due: Sept. 14th,
2007 (***For folks that raised issues, please send input ASAP***)