Subject: [Sipping] draft-vanelburg-sipping-served-user-02.txt

From: "Hans Erik van Elburg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 15:01:33 +0200

Just to notify you that a new version of this draft is available, taking
into account  the received comments.
Best Regards,
/Hans Erik

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2007 7:15 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-vanelburg-sipping-served-user-02.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
P-Served-User Private-Header (P-Header)
	Author(s)	: H. van Elburg
	Filename	: draft-vanelburg-sipping-served-user-02.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2007-9-21
	
This document specifies the SIP P-Served-User P-header.  This header
   field addresses an issue that was found in the 3rd-Generation
   Partnership Project (3GPP) IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystem) between an
   S-CSCF (Serving Call Session Control Function) and an AS (Application
   Server) on the ISC (IMS Subsystem Service Control) interface to
   convey the identity of the served user and the session case that
   applies to this particular communication session and application
   invocation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vanelburg-sipping-served-user-
02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-vanelburg-sipping-served-user-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-vanelburg-sipping-served-user-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: [email-masked] (Juha Heinanen)
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 16:16:23 +0300

> into account  the received comments.

hans,

i started to read the draft and a question came up already in section
3.1 before i got into the topic itself:

 When the S-CSCF determines that for an incoming initial request the
   originating call case applies, it determines the served user by
   looking at the P-Asserted-Identity header field ( RFC 3325 [4]) which
   carries the network asserted identity of the originating user.

what is meant by "user" here?  p-a-i header namely does not identify a
user, but an uri of a user.

-- juha

---

From: [email-masked] (Juha Heinanen)
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 16:56:30 +0300

hans,

when reading further i got into normative section 

5.  P-Served-User header field Definition 

and found it to be full of all kinds of 3gpp terms that i don't have any
glue what they mean.  if this is supposed to become an ietf sipping
working group specification, could you please rewrite the section using
only ietf sip terms.  after done, i'll try to figure out, what the draft
tries to say.

why i started to read this in the first place was that i may have an
application for this kind of header in regular sip environment where one
proxy finds out the user to whom the request uri belongs to and then
passes this information to another proxy so that this other proxy does
not need to repeat a possibly slow process of finding out the user of
the request uri.

so what you say in section 6 about applicability of p-s-u header does
not hold.

-- juha