Subject: [Sipping] FW: New Version Notification for draft-vakil-sipping-notify-pause-02

From: Sriram Parameswar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 15:49:43 -0700

I have submitted a new version of the Notify-Pause draft. The changes center around adding more clarity around behavior and a new option-tag. Kindly let us have your comments.

Thanks,

Sriram Parameswar

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 3:50 PM
To: Sriram Parameswar
Cc: Mohammad Vakil
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-vakil-sipping-notify-pause-02

A new version of I-D, draft-vakil-sipping-notify-pause-02.txt has been successfuly submitted by Sriram Parameswar and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-vakil-sipping-notify-pause
Revision:        02
Title:           An Extension to Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Events for Pausing and Resuming Notifications
Creation_date:   2008-03-12
WG ID:           Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 15

Abstract:
The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) events framework enables a
subscriber to receive asynchronous notification of various events
from other SIP user agents.  It defines mechanisms to create,
refresh, terminate subscriptions.  This framework also defines
mechanism to fetch (poll) an event state of a resource without
creating persistent subscriptions.  There is no mechanism to
temporarily pause the notifications, while still maintaining a
subscription on the server.  This lack of functionality sometime
results in a lot of superfluous notification traffic, and put
unnecessary load on the server.  This draft defines an extension to
SIP events that allows the subscriber to pause, un-pause
notifications, and be able to perform fetch (poll) subscriptions
within an established (created) subscription dialog.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Bharrat, Shaun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 14:48:43 -0400

Hi:

My email archive search capabilities apparently leaves something
to be desired. A couple of months back, there was an email thread 
discussing the following problem:

Bob offers a,b,c
Alice answers b

Is Alice allowed to change codec mid-stream to a or c (without signaling
an SDP change)?

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could point me to the email 
thread in the archive. (I think it was in sipping and not
sip-implementors)

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Shaun

---

From: Anders Kristensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 12:17:10 -0700

Maybe you're talking about these threads (from back in nov)...

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sip/current/msg21438.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sip/current/msg21500.html

Anders