Subject: [Sipping] Monday night: ad-hoc on SIP extensibility

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 05:13:07 +0200

Folks,

there has been substantial discussion on the topic of extensibility 
models for SIP. Advancing consensus on this topic as a whole requires 
broader discussions. Consequently, we are organizing an ad-hoc meeting 
on Monday night between 2200 and 2400. We understand it is a bad time 
but it is difficult to find empty meeting slots.

The agenda for this ad-hoc meeting will be as follows:

1) Problem overview and review of the multi-fold path (Extension 
messages, extension headers, extension bodies, EVENT/INFO transport 
packages, and non-SIP session/transport protocols.

2) Review of the "litmus test" guidelines for choosing an extension 
modality, which we expect to eventually lead to a guidelines document.
Discussion to include the the use cases that are addressed by MEDIACTRL 
Control Channel, MSRP, MSRP file transfer, and TOTE.

3) Discussion on clarification and finalization of the INFO
packages document. We would not be taking explicit HUMs in this
meeting about consensus as to whether or not to proceed with INFO packages.

We do not still have a meeting room. We will be reporting back to the 
SIPPING list as soon as we get one.

Cheers,

Gonzalo
SIPPING co-chair

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 19:49:49 +0200

Hi,

the meeting room is Franklin 13.

Cheers,

Gonzalo

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 00:02:37 +0200

Hi,

per the discussions during the SIPPING session, this ad-hoc meeting has 
been canceled.

Cheers,

Gonzalo
SIPPING co-chair

Gonzalo Camarillo wrote:
>> Discussion to include the the use cases that are addressed by 
>> MEDIACTRL Control Channel, MSRP, MSRP file transfer, and TOTE.
>>

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 18:04:00 -0400

I am definitely looking forward to discussion of this topic, and hope that 
we are able to do an interim meeting between now and IETF 72 on this 
subject.

Thanks,

Spencer