Subject: Re: [Sipping] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sipping-service-examples-14.txt

From: "Антон Тверетин" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 20:00:55 +0500

Yet another issue...
In Call Forwarding on No Answer scenario, there are 2 dialogs (namely A-B1
and A-B2). This is a result of forking. However, it seems that the first one
never ends. (181 response does not do that.) There must be one more message
(I think 504) in the first dialog, sent by the proxy, to reject it (plus, of
course, an ACK).

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 18:50:20 -0400

Антон,

> (I think 504) in the first dialog, sent by the proxy, to reject it (plus, of

No. There is a single INVITE transaction that has been forked. The proxy 
may forward one or more 2xx responses, or else it may forward only one 
non-2xx final response. I know this seems a little odd, but that is what 
is required. Alice must figure out the that the early dialog is gone 
when it times out.

There has been some discussion of a new 1xx response to indicate that a 
particular dialog has gone away. But that hasn't been agreed to so far.

	Paul