Subject: [Sipping] draft-ietf-sipping-update-pai-00: open issue 4

From: "Elwell, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 09:57:44 +0000

The open issue is: "It has been suggested that we must be precise (at
least in the normative section) as to the conditions under which a proxy
may assert an identity in the response. One approach would be to say
that the only acceptable condition is that given above as an example.
Are there any other acceptable conditions?"

Discussion at the meeting did not reach a conclusion. My proposal in the
meeting slides was to say that the applicability statement in RFC 3325
still holds and keep open the means of authenticating the UAS (keeping
the present text on use of TLS as an example). In other words, keep a
similar strength of statement for a UAS as RFC 3325 already has for a
UAC. If we were to make a stronger statement for a UAS, we would need to
update RFC 3325 by making a strong statement for authenticating a UAC -
I don't think we want to go in that direction.

So unless I hear any objections, I will close the open issue in 01 and
leave the text unchanged.

John
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP