Subject: Re: [Sipping] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sipping-service-examples-14.txt

From: "Bharrat, Shaun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 17:25:11 -0400

An editorial nit in the following ID..

In call forwarding unconditional, the introductory text says that the
181 does not have a To tag...

   Note that the 181 Call is Being Forwarded response does not have a To
   tag added as the proxy does not wish to establish an early dialog
   with Alice

but the actual message contents shows otherwise...

    F3 (181 Call is Being Forwarded) Proxy -> Alice

      SIP/2.0 181 Call is Being Forwarded
      Via: SIP/2.0/TLS client.atlanta.example.com:5061
       ;branch=z9hG4bK74bf9
       ;received=192.0.2.103
      From: Alice <sips:[email-masked]>;tag=1234567
      To: Bob <sips:[email-masked]>;tag=9214d

Cheers,
Shaun

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]
Sent: Tue 2/19/2008 8:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sipping] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sipping-service-examples-14.txt
 
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Proposal Investigation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Session Initiation Protocol Service Examples
	Author(s)       : A. Johnston, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sipping-service-examples-14.txt
	Pages           : 165
	Date            : 2008-02-19

This document gives examples of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
services.  This covers most features offered in so-called IP Centrex
offerings from local exchange carriers and PBX (Private Branch
Exchange) features.  Most of the services shown in this document are
implemented in the SIP User Agents, although some require the
assistance of a SIP Proxy.  Some require some extensions to SIP
including the REFER, SUBSCRIBE, and NOTIFY methods and the Replaces
and Join header fields.  These features are not intended to be an
exhaustive set, but rather show implementations of common features
likely to be implemented on SIP IP telephones in a business
environment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-service-examples-14.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-sipping-service-examples-14.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-service-examples-14.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "Bharrat, Shaun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 18:41:26 -0400

Another editorial nit...

In the Call Screening example, it shows the following Proxy-Authorization header:

    Proxy-Authorization: Digest username="alice",
       realm="example.com", qop="auth",
       nc=00000001, cnonce="4gr84543ft2",
       nonce="ae9137be1c87d175c2dd63302a0d6e0a",
       opaque="", uri="sips:[email-masked]",
       response="bbaec39f943bdcb3620d90afc548a45c"

but unless I'm misreading 3261, the qop ABNF does not include quotes...

Proxy-Authorization  =  "Proxy-Authorization" HCOLON credentials
credentials       =  ("Digest" LWS digest-response)
                     / other-response
message-qop       =  "qop" EQUAL qop-value

Cheers,
Shaun

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] on behalf of Bharrat, Shaun
Sent: Sun 3/9/2008 5:25 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Sipping] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sipping-service-examples-14.txt

Cheers,
Shaun

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]
Sent: Tue 2/19/2008 8:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sipping] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sipping-service-examples-14.txt

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type: