Subject: [Sipping] draft-petrie-sipping-voip-features-dataset-02

From: "Hutton, Andrew" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 16:30:49 +0100

I have a comment on the document
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-petrie-sipping-voip-features-d
ataset-02.txt

I was a little surprised to see that included in the dataset are items
relating to controlling which features are available to the user of the
device such as Call Waiting and Call Transfer. In think this is a bit of
a dangerous road to go down as the presentation of such features is
going to differ between devices.

Personally I think that it would be better to limit the dataset to data
items required for the configuration of features/rfc's such as message
waiting and conferencing rather than trying to control what features are
available to the user.

Regards
Andy

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP