Subject: [Sipping] Items of cross group interest

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 15:07:03 -0500

This message is heavily crossposted. It is set to reply-to geopriv.
If you manually reply-to, please reply there.

There are some questions about how to best provide location for some  
applications. To date, the answer from GEOPRIV has been to use  
Presence as defined by SIMPLE and extended by GEOPRIV. (We've spent  
time arguing that in GEOPRIV more than once).

There are some new proposals, perhaps with new information, that push  
at that answer again, and in some cases, if they move forward, its not  
clear what the best venue to vet them in is. But we have to start  
somewhere, and the plan at the moment is to have a framing discussion  
in GEOPRIV.

Please review the following drafts, comment on the GEOPRIV list if you  
have an opinion, and plan to attend this section of the GEOPRIV  
meeting if you have an interest in how the conversation turns out.

------
Location events/filters
            draft-ietf-geopriv-loc-filters-02.txt
            draft-winterbottom-sip-location-package-00.txt
            draft-polk-sip-location-get-00.txt
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP