Subject: [Sipping] [Fwd: I-D Action:draft-johnston-sipping-cc-uui-04.txt]

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 09:17:42 -0500

We have updated the UUI draft.  There are no changes to the mechanism, 
but the explanation and background have been reworked and there are some 
new examples.

Feedback most welcome.

Thanks,
Alan

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	I-D Action:draft-johnston-sipping-cc-uui-04.txt
Date: 	Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:45:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: 	[email-masked]
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Transporting User to User Call Control Information in SIP for ISDN Interworking
	Author(s)       : A. Johnston, J. McMillen
	Filename        : draft-johnston-sipping-cc-uui-04.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2008-07-10

Several approaches to transporting the ITU-T Q.931 User to User
Information Element (UU IE) data in SIP have been implemented.  As
networks move to SIP it is important that applications requiring this
data can continue to function in SIP networks as well as the ability
to interwork the information to/from ISDN for end-to-end
transparency.  This document discusses the approaches and recommends
a new header field User-to-User be standardized.  Example use cases
include an exchange between two User Agents, insertion of UUI by a
proxy, modification of UUI by a proxy.  An example application is in
an Automatic Call Distributor (ACD) in a contact center.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-johnston-sipping-cc-uui-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: "TSCHARN, Peter \(Peter\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 17:51:46 +0200

Alan,

The note "that ISDN limits UUI to 128 octets in length" needs a numeric
correction.

The ISDN User-user information element contains 
    1 octet for protocol discriminator 
+ 128 octets as a maximum of user information

Since within this draft UUI is always described as including the
Protocol Discriminator, the limitation in the note should be at 129
octets.

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Alan Johnston
Sent: Freitag, 11. Juli 2008 16:18
To: sipping
Subject: [Sipping] [Fwd: I-D
Action:draft-johnston-sipping-cc-uui-04.txt]

Feedback most welcome.

Thanks,
Alan

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	I-D Action:draft-johnston-sipping-cc-uui-04.txt
Date: 	Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:45:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: 	[email-masked]
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : Transporting User to User Call Control
Information in SIP for ISDN Interworking
	Author(s)       : A. Johnston, J. McMillen
	Filename        : draft-johnston-sipping-cc-uui-04.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2008-07-10

Several approaches to transporting the ITU-T Q.931 User to User
Information Element (UU IE) data in SIP have been implemented.  As
networks move to SIP it is important that applications requiring this
data can continue to function in SIP networks as well as the ability to
interwork the information to/from ISDN for end-to-end transparency.
This document discusses the approaches and recommends a new header field
User-to-User be standardized.  Example use cases include an exchange
between two User Agents, insertion of UUI by a proxy, modification of
UUI by a proxy.  An example application is in an Automatic Call
Distributor (ACD) in a contact center.

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP Use
[email-masked] for questions on current sip Use
[email-masked] for new developments of core SIP
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 15:42:09 -0500

Peter,

Thanks for pointing this out - we'll fix it in the next version.

Thanks,
Alan