Subject: [Sipping] Query related to 3GPP IMS implementation

From: "dushyant" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 18:31:29 +0530

Hi All,

We are developing IMS node specifically P-CSCF. I have a query related to
IMS implementation - 

3GPP TS 24.229 specifies different set of procedures for Target Refresh
Request and other Subsequent Request in a dialog. As of now (RFC 5057) the
target refresh requests are INVITE, UPDATE, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY and REFER.

My question is - Is UPDATE a target refresh request in all cases or it's a
target refresh request in the scenarios where remote target gets changed? 

Secondly, in a call between UE A and UE B, if UE A sends an UPDATE to UE B
for changes in SDP parameter can UE B modify its CONTACT in the response to
this UPDATE (Since UPDATE is a target refresh request) or UE B has to
exclusively issue a new UPDATE request to modify its CONTACT parameter and
this second UPDATE would be regarded as a Target Refresh Request and the
first UPDATE is not a target refresh request.

Third, in IMS scenario as per 3GPP TS 24.229 on receiving a target refresh
request originating P-CSCF, originating S-CSCF, terminating S-CSCF should
add its Record-Route but shouldn't save its list of Record-Route whereas
terminating P-CSCF has to save the list. In such a case if let's say one of
the S-CSCF changes the user part of its record route entry and terminating
P-CSCF  has to release the dialog by issuing BYE which Record-Route should
it use - the one received in INVITE or the one received in target refresh
request?

Another query related to related to Subscribe-Notify scenario in IMS
environment. 

Can Notify be responded with 4xx response?

The exact scenario is -

On successful registration UE sends subscription to SCSCF for Event -"reg".
In return SCSCF sends back Notify with XML body. My query is can UE send
back 4xx response if the XML body is corrupted or there is any other error
e.g SCSCF doesn't send back P-Charging Vector?

Dushyant P S Dhalia

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 09:55:13 -0400

A request is classified as a target-refresh-request based on its method 
name and specification. It remains so whether a particular instance of 
the message actually changes the target or leaves it unchanged.

	Paul

dushyant wrote:
> Hi All,
> 
>  
> 
> We are developing IMS node specifically P-CSCF. I have a query related 
> to IMS implementation –
> 
>  
> 
> Request and other Subsequent Request in a dialog. As of now (RFC 5057) 
> the target refresh requests are INVITE, UPDATE, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY and REFER.
> 
>  
> 
> My question is – Is UPDATE a target refresh request in all cases or it’s 
> a target refresh request in the scenarios where remote target gets changed?
> 
>  
> 
> Secondly, in a call between UE A and UE B, if UE A sends an UPDATE to UE 
> B for changes in SDP parameter can UE B modify its CONTACT in the 
> response to this UPDATE (Since UPDATE is a target refresh request) or UE 
> B has to exclusively issue a new UPDATE request to modify its CONTACT 
> parameter and this second UPDATE would be regarded as a Target Refresh 
> Request and the first UPDATE is not a target refresh request.
> 
>  
> 
> Third, in IMS scenario as per 3GPP TS 24.229 on receiving a target 
> refresh request originating P-CSCF, originating S-CSCF, terminating 
> S-CSCF should add its Record-Route but shouldn’t save its list of 
> Record-Route whereas terminating P-CSCF has to save the list. In such a 
> case if let’s say one of the S-CSCF changes the user part of its record 
> route entry and terminating P-CSCF  has to release the dialog by issuing 
> BYE which Record-Route should it use – the one received in INVITE or the 
> one received in target refresh request?
> 
>  
> 
> The exact scenario is –
> On successful registration UE sends subscription to SCSCF for Event 
> –“reg”. In return SCSCF sends back Notify with XML body. My query is can 
> UE send back 4xx response if the XML body is corrupted or there is any 
> other error e.g SCSCF doesn’t send back P-Charging Vector?
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
> Dushyant P S Dhalia
> 
>  
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>