Subject: [Sipping] Updated service ID draft

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 20:05:29 -0400

I've submitted an updated service ID draft:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-service-identification-02.txt

This is based on list discussion and comments. Changes include:

* much more careful in separating the concepts of service identifiers 
from what is now being called "declarative service identification" - 
which is what happens when a client inserts a service identifier 
necessary for processing the request. Compare this to "derived service 
identification" where the service ID is derived from the signaling. The 
latter is OK, former is problematic.

* added the use case we discussed on the list - of voice chat in a 
gaming app where the gaming app is set up via a non-sip means

* added the use of URIs as a key archtiectural principle, discuss how it 
solves the new use case that was added, and then link that back to 
presence as a means to get those URI

* added the 'litmus test' for differentiating DWIS and DWIM

* added discussion on delayed offer

* moved definition of service up into the intro

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   499 Thornall St.
Cisco Fellow                                   Edison, NJ 08837
Cisco, Voice Technology Group
[email-masked]
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (408) 902-3084
http://www.cisco.com
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP