Subject: [Sipping] Refresh of mDNS draft

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 10:17:02 -0400

We have resubmitted the draft on discovering SIP URIs using DNS-SD,  
better known as Apple Bonjour.  This version is unchanged from the  
previous version that we presented in Vancouver.  We are simply  
keeping it alive while we are waiting on any action on the DNS-SD/mDNS  
front.

Comments are always welcome.  We would particularly appreciate any  
information on the progress and status of DNS-SD & mDNS.

For those of you who have been meaning to catch up on Bonjour  
technology, Section 3 of this draft serves as a nice two-page  
introduction.

Filename:	 draft-lee-sip-dns-sd-uri
Revision:	 03
Title:		 SIP URI Service Discovery using DNS-SD
Creation_date:	 2008-07-12
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 23

Abstract:
This document describes how to use the DNS-based Service Discovery
(DNS-SD), better known as Apple Bonjour, for advertising Session
Initiation Protocol (SIP) URIs in local area networks.  Using this
mechanism, a SIP user agent (UA) can communicate with another UA even
when no SIP registrar is available, as in a wireless ad-hoc network
for example.

URL: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lee-sip-dns-sd-uri-03.txt

Henning & Jae
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP