Subject: [Sipping] Security comments on draft-dawes-sipping-debug-event

From: Dan York <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 11:50:20 -0600

Per the chairs' request, here is the comment I made today at the mic  
related to:

http://tools.ietf.org/rfcmarkup?doc=draft-dawes-sipping-debug-event

Separate from the architectural concerns raised by Hadriel and others  
at the mic today (which I share), my point was that this document  
needs to have a completed "Security Considerations" section that  
addresses the serious security issues associated with this draft,  
specifically associated with triggered collection of data and then  
sending that data somewhere.

Dan

-- 
Dan York, CISSP, Director of Emerging Communication Technology
Office of the CTO    Voxeo Corporation     [email-masked]
Phone: +1-407-455-5859  Skype: danyork  http://www.voxeo.com
Blogs: http://blogs.voxeo.com  http://www.disruptivetelephony.com

Build voice applications based on open standards.
Find out how at http://www.voxeo.com/free

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP