Subject: [Sipping] New version of P-Charge-Info that more formally includes ISUP Charge Number

From: Dan York <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 14:41:20 -0500

FYI, in my continuing journey through the RFC 3427 process for P- 
headers, I have published a new version of the P-Charge-Info draft at:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-york-sipping-p-charge-info-05

In this revision, I have made two major changes:

1. More formally incorporated the usage of P-Charge-Info as a possible  
carrier for the ISUP Charge Number parameter for PSTN interworking,  
based primarily on feedback and information from John Haluska at  
Telcordia, who is interested in using the header for some of their  
purposes.

2. Provided better examples of potential usage than the previous  
example.  As the earlier example got all caught up in inter-/intra- 
state billing rates, it seemed to confuse people and make them think  
it was getting into jurisdiction issues when all the P-header is doing  
is providing a *simple* means to provide a billing identifier.   
Hopefully the newer examples provide better illustrations of where  
this header may be used.

I believe I have incorporated all the feedback from previous rounds of  
comments and so I'd like to hope that with this version (or with minor  
tweaks to it) I'll be able to request expert review and continue this  
on the path toward an Informational RFC so that we can list this P- 
Header with IANA, as per the RFC 3427 process.

Comments are naturally welcome (and I know this group well enough to  
know that you will provide them in any event).

Dan

-- 
Dan York, CISSP, Director of Emerging Communication Technology
Office of the CTO    Voxeo Corporation     [email-masked]
Phone: +1-407-455-5859  Skype: danyork  http://www.voxeo.com
Blogs: http://blogs.voxeo.com  http://www.disruptivetelephony.com

Build voice applications based on open standards.
Find out how at http://www.voxeo.com/free

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP