Subject: [Sipping] RFID experiment

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 10:12:55 -0500

As you saw on the IETF list, we'll be conducting an experiment of  
using RFID cards to identify speakers at the microphone during the SIP  
and SIPPING WG meetings, based on a prototype developed by a project  
student in my lab, Athar Shiraz Siddiqui. Speaker names and  
affiliations will be announced to the Jabber chat room. We only have  
50 cards this time around, so please let Athar, cc'ed, know if you'd  
like to participate and we'll make a you badge. We'll add all authors  
of drafts on the agenda automatically, so you only need to respond if  
you intend to come to the microphone, but are not on the agenda.

Thanks for your help.

Henning
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 11:19:00 -0500

Henning,

This is a great idea and I look forward to participating. Can you let 
everyone know, how will we obtain the RFID badges? Do we need to look 
for you and/or Athar or is there a desk set up somewhere to pick them up?

-Jonathan R.

Henning Schulzrinne wrote:
> As you saw on the IETF list, we'll be conducting an experiment of using 
> RFID cards to identify speakers at the microphone during the SIP and 
> SIPPING WG meetings, based on a prototype developed by a project student 
> in my lab, Athar Shiraz Siddiqui. Speaker names and affiliations will be 
> announced to the Jabber chat room. We only have 50 cards this time 
> around, so please let Athar, cc'ed, know if you'd like to participate 
> and we'll make a you badge. We'll add all authors of drafts on the 
> agenda automatically, so you only need to respond if you intend to come 
> to the microphone, but are not on the agenda.
> 
> Thanks for your help.
> 
> Henning
> Sip mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
> This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
> Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip
> 

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   111 Wood Avenue South
Cisco Fellow                                   Iselin, NJ 08830
Cisco, Voice Technology Group
[email-masked]
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (408) 902-3084
http://www.cisco.com
_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP