Subject: Re: [Sipping] I-D Action:draft-vanelburg-sipping-served-user-07.txt

From: "Hans Erik van Elburg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 12:45:10 +0100

Hi Paul, Keith, 

Just spotted that there occurred a discussion on the served user draft on the list. 
- Initial mail from Paul Kyzivat on 9 september.
- Answer from Keith Drage on 18 september.

Taking what I think are the suggested improvements, I came to the following modifed text of section 7: 

<START FRAGMENT> 
7.  Proxy behaviour 

7.1.  Generating the P-Served-User header 

   Proxies that support the header MUST only insert the header in 
   initial requests for a dialog or standalone requests when the 
   following conditions hold: 
   o  The proxy has the capability to determine the served user for the 
      current request. 
   o  The next hop is part of the same Trust Domain for P-Served-User. 

   When the above conditions do not hold the proxy MUST NOT insert the 
   header. 

7.2.  Consuming the P-Served-User header 

   A proxy that supports the header, MUST upon receiving from a trusted 
   node the P-Served-User header in initial requests for a dialog or 
   standalone requests take the value of the P-Served-User header to 
   represent the served user in operations that require such 
   information. 

   A proxy that supports the header, MUST remove the header from 
   requests or responses when the header was received from a node 
   outside the Trust Domain for P-Served-User before further forwarding 
   the message. 

   A proxy that supports the header, MUST remove the header from 
   requests or responses when the next hop is a node outside the Trust 
   Domain for P-Served-User before further forwarding the message. 

<END FRAGMENT> 

Best Regards, 
/Hans Erik 

_______________________________________________
Sipping mailing list  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipping
This list is for NEW development of the application of SIP
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments of core SIP