Subject: Re: [Sipping] comments on draft-shen-sipping-load-control-event-package-01: filter computation and applicability

From: Charles Shen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 11:53:34 -0400

Dear all:

We have updated
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shen-sipping-load-control-event-package-01.
The I-D defines a load control event package for SIP.  It allows SIP
servers to distribute user load control information (call identity,
action to be taken, desired action time) to SIP servers.

Updates responding to previous comments raised on the list are
summarized in this and a following message:

* Filter-computation and routing

Filter computation needs to take into consideration the network
topology. Exact filter computation algorithms are out of scope of this
document. Filter delivery is between adjacent servers which exchange
SIP traffic with each other. Routing loops can be avoided by
preventing delivering the same filter back to A that it just received
*from* A.

* Inter-domain applicability

The scenarios where this mechanism could be most useful are
environments consisting of servers with secure and trust relationship
and with relatively straightforward routing configuration known to the
filter computation decision maker.  These scenarios may include
intra-domain environments such as inside a service provider or
enterprise domain; inter-domain environments such as enterprise
connecting to a few service providers or between service providers
with manageable routing configurations.

Further comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Charles