Subject: Re: [Sipping] comments on draft-shen-sipping-load-control-event-package-01: related work

From: Charles Shen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 11:54:31 -0400

Summarized responses to previous comments for
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shen-sipping-load-control-event-package-01

* Relationship with [I-D.hilt-sipping-overload]

1. The filter content definition in this document
(identity+action+time) is generic and could be applicable to
[I-D.hilt-sipping-overload] as well.

2. Comparing to the feedbacks in [I-D.hilt-sipping-overload], the
filter population frequency in scenarios discussed in this document
(e.g., pre-announcement of overload control) is likely to be much
smaller.

* Relationship with PSTN experience

Similar concepts exists in PSTN but configuration is known to be done
manually. The filter definition in this document is more generic and
flexible than its PSTN counterpart. (more in Sec. 8.1 of the draft).

Further comments are greatly appreciated

Thanks

Charles