Subject: [Sipping] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5628 (2995)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 12:44:44 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5628,
"Registration Event Package Extension for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Globally Routable User Agent URIs (GRUUs)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5628&eid=2995

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>

Section: 5

Original Text
-------------
   If the notifier includes the <temp-gruu> element, it MUST populate
   the element with the most recently assigned temporary GRUU that is
   associated with the instance ID and AOR of the registered contact.
   It MUST also populate the element with a "cseq" attribute
   corresponding to the first (oldest) currently active temporary GRUU
   that is associated with the instance ID and AOR of the registered
   contact.  The value of the "cseq" attribute is set to the value of
   the CSeq header field of the REGISTER request that caused that first
   temporary GRUU to be assigned.

Corrected Text
--------------
   If the notifier includes the <temp-gruu> element, it MUST populate
   the element with the most recently assigned temporary GRUU that is
   associated with the instance ID and AOR of the registered contact.
   It MUST also populate the element with a "first-cseq" attribute
   corresponding to the first (oldest) currently active temporary GRUU
   that is associated with the instance ID and AOR of the registered
   contact.  The value of the "first-cseq" attribute is set to the value of
   the CSeq header field of the REGISTER request that caused that first
   temporary GRUU to be assigned.

Notes
-----
This replaces '"cseq" attribute' with '"first-cseq" attribute.
This is almost a typo, since there is no "cseq" attribute of <temp-gruu>.
Following the text as written would yield an invalid xml document.

This was reported to me by Ivo Sedlacek:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipcore/current/msg04282.html

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5628 (draft-ietf-sipping-gruu-reg-event-09)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Registration Event Package Extension for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Globally Routable User Agent URIs (GRUUs)
Publication Date    : October 2009
Author(s)           : P. Kyzivat
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Session Initiation Proposal Investigation
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG