Subject: [siprec] Meeting materials for SIPREC session 2011-03-31 09.00-11.30 GMT+2

From: "Elwell, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 11:17:44 +0100

Slides for metadata model and metadata format have already been uploaded to the meeting materials repository:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/80/materials.html

Thanks to Partha for supplying these in good time.

1. Will other presenters please provide their slides a.s.a.p, or by Monday latest, so that the chairs can review them for making best use of meeting time? In particular, if we need a slot on Requirements, for addressing AD comments, would Leon/Ken please let me have the slides a.s.a.p.?

2. Concerning the metadata model slides, we must focus on open issues. I see several open issues listed in the slides, but no further information on these issues. Would Partha please give consideration to expanding on the open issues, by including either:
- a proposed resolution; or
- pros and cons if there are several ways forward.

3. Concerning the metadata format slides, the first 16 slides are all tutorial - we should focus on open issues and next steps, so depending on time availability the chairs might ask to skip a lot of this.
Concerning the open issue on slide 19, I think this needs to be made slightly clearer. My understanding was that the possibility of multiplexing on the same port was mentioned as something to be considered (and possibly ruled out), whereas the slide seems to assume we will be doing that and asks how to represent it in the metadata. I guess the issue is primarily one for the protocol milestone, and will impact that metadata model if that is the way the protocol discussions go. So perhaps it doesn't make sense to discuss this until the protocol discussions have taken place - currently that is later in the agenda.

John (as chair)

---

From: "Parthasarathi R (partr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 19:33:01 +0530

John,

Thanks for your comments. Please read inline.

Thanks
Partha 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Elwell, John
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2011 3:48 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [siprec] Meeting materials for SIPREC session
2011-03-3109.00-11.30 GMT+2

Slides for metadata model and metadata format have already been uploaded
to the meeting materials repository:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/80/materials.html

1. Will other presenters please provide their slides a.s.a.p, or by
Monday latest, so that the chairs can review them for making best use of
meeting time? In particular, if we need a slot on Requirements, for
addressing AD comments, would Leon/Ken please let me have the slides
a.s.a.p.?

2. Concerning the metadata model slides, we must focus on open issues. I
see several open issues listed in the slides, but no further information
on these issues.
<Partha> In each of the slide, I have added "optional start/stop timer"
attribute as an open item because this attribute comes into picture
while we designing metadata format. Let us  identify the possible
metadata blocks not to have "start/stop" time attribute </partha>

 Would Partha please give consideration to expanding on the open issues,
by including either:
- a proposed resolution; or
- pros and cons if there are several ways forward.

3. Concerning the metadata format slides, the first 16 slides are all
tutorial - we should focus on open issues and next steps, so depending
on time availability the chairs might ask to skip a lot of this.
<partha> Agreed. As you mentioned, the basic idea is to give the
background & rationale behind the current format. I will run through
this slide in case time permits </partha>

Concerning the open issue on slide 19, I think this needs to be made
slightly clearer. My understanding was that the possibility of
multiplexing on the same port was mentioned as something to be
considered (and possibly ruled out), whereas the slide seems to assume
we will be doing that and asks how to represent it in the metadata.
<partha> As you mentioned in the recent mail, we will explore the way to
represent multiplexed stream in metadata format  </partha>
 I guess the issue is primarily one for the protocol milestone, and will
impact that metadata model if that is the way the protocol discussions
go. 
<partha> metadata model accommodates as codec parameter attribute. The
open issue is how to represent in the metadata format </partha>
So perhaps it doesn't make sense to discuss this until the protocol
discussions have taken place - currently that is later in the agenda.

John (as chair)

_______________________________________________
siprec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/siprec