Subject: [siprec] start/stop time for Communication Session object

From: "Ram Mohan R (rmohanr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 19:30:20 +0530

As per draft-ietf-siprec-metadata-03 start/stop time for CS is defined
as

   Start Time - This optional attribute represents CS start time

  End Time - This optional attribute represents CS end time

Is this sufficient ? 

OR should we change this to associate/disassociate and have the meaning
and scope as:

Associate-time - The optional attribute represents the time a CS is
associated with a RS

Disassociate-time- This optional attributes represents the time a CS
disassociates from a RS.

Associate/Disassociate times gives some more  flexibility as explained
in below example over Start/End time but I am not sure if there is a
desire to have it and so would welcome comments. 

e.g. An SRC starts recording a CS1 as part of RS1.  For some reason the
recording of CS1 is stopped for a while. 

After some time when SRC wants to resume recording of CS1. There are
different possibilities:

1) SRC may have disconnected RS1. So, SRC may setup RS2 and continue to
record CS1. In this case SRC after the CS1 finishes will indicate End
Time in RS2.

2) SRC will not disconnect RS1 (as it is persistent) and continues to
record CS1 as part of RS1 itself. 

3) SRC will not disconnect RS1(persistent). But will continue to record
CS1 as part of another RS (RS2). 

2) SRC does not setup any more Recording Session for this CS (CS1).  End
Time for CS will never be indicated. Since End Time is optional, this is
still fine.

If we can use associate/disassociate time, it gives more flexibility as
we can indicate times each time CS1 is associated/disassociated to a RS
for each of the above cases.

Note that I am happy to retain the current text/scope  as it is, but I
just want to clearly articulate the scope of start/stop time of CS and
make sure its sufficient

Regards,

Ram