Subject: [siprec] How to specify in metadata that multiple CS's are being recorded in a single mixed RS m line stream

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 14:29:08 +0000

A converse of the "How to specify in metadata that a participants stream is being recorded in multiple m line streams" thread:

Another of our record configurations is when  a turret's handset 1 and handset 2 calls are recorded as a single mixed recorder stream

once again a persistent RS will be set up at registration time, in this case there will be a single m line.

So if <stream> represents a record stream, how would the following be described in metadata:

There are 2 calls, A-B  and C-D, both are recorded via a single stream.
participants A and C are the same person, making two calls on handset 1 and handset 2 of their turret.

The problems I have in describing this in metadata are:
1. I dont know how to show what the participants <recv>, as they dont recv the 2 call mixed stream.
2. I only have a single stream being recorded which includes 2 CS's, but the <stream> element can only have a single session attriibute

I can only describe this using <ParticipantStreamAssociation> and <ParticipantCSAssociation>.  I have not been following the list too closely for the past couple of months, is it still the intention to use these elements, as I see there is not yet a draft-ietf-metadata-06.txt that includes these elements in xml schema and examples.

Also I dont know what happens to <send> <recv> when using associations.

Anyway, heres my stab at it, 

 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
          <recording xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:recording'>
             <dataMode>complete</dataMode>
             <session id="====SESSION_ONE=====">
             </session>
             <participant
                id="==PARTICIPANT_A=="
                <nameID aor=sip:[email-masked]>
                              <name xml:lang="it">RamMohan R</name>
                </nameID>
             </participant>
             <participantSessionAssoc
                participant="==PARTICIPANT_A=="
                session="====SESSION_ONE=====">
                   <associate-time>2010-12-16T23:41:07Z</associate-time>
                   <capabilities> TBD</capabilties>
             </participantSessionAssoc>
             <participantStreamAssoc
                participant="==PARTICIPANT_A=="
                stream ="i1Pz3to5hGk8fuXl+PbwCw==">
                  <associate-time>2010-12-16T23:41:07Z</associate-time>
             </participantStreamAssoc>

             <participant
                 id="==PARTICIPANT_B=="
                 <nameID aor=sip:[email-masked]>
                              <name xml:lang="it">Paul Kyzivat</name>
                 </nameID>
             </participant>
             <participantSessionAssoc
                participant="==PARTICIPANT_B=="
                session="====SESSION_ONE=====">
                   <associate-time>2010-12-16T23:41:07Z</associate-time>
                   <capabilities> TBD</capabilties>
             </participantSessionAssoc>
             <participantStreamAssoc
                participant="==PARTICIPANT_B=="
                stream ="i1Pz3to5hGk8fuXl+PbwCw==">
                  <associate-time>2010-12-16T23:41:07Z</associate-time>
             </participantStreamAssoc>

             <session id="====SESSION_TWO=====">
             </session>
             <participant
                id="==PARTICIPANT_C=="
                <nameID aor=sip:[email-masked]>
                              <name xml:lang="it">RamMohan R</name>
                </nameID>
             </participant>
             <participantSessionAssoc
                participant="==PARTICIPANT_C=="
                session="====SESSION_TWO=====">
                   <associate-time>2010-12-16T22:02:04Z</associate-time>
                   <capabilities> TBD</capabilties>
             </participantSessionAssoc>
             <participantStreamAssoc
                participant="==PARTICIPANT_C=="
                stream ="i1Pz3to5hGk8fuXl+PbwCw==">
                  <associate-time>2010-12-16T22:02:04Z</associate-time>
             </participantStreamAssoc>

             <participant
                 id="==PARTICIPANT_D=="
                 <nameID aor=sip:[email-masked]>
                              <name xml:lang="it">Andrew Hutton</name>
                 </nameID>
             </participant>
             <participantSessionAssoc
                participant="==PARTICIPANT_D=="
                session="====SESSION_TWO=====">
                   <associate-time>2010-12-16T22:02:04Z</associate-time>
                   <capabilities> TBD</capabilties>
             </participantSessionAssoc>
             <participantStreamAssoc
                participant="==PARTICIPANT_D=="
                stream ="i1Pz3to5hGk8fuXl+PbwCw==">
                  <associate-time>2010-12-16T22:02:04Z</associate-time>
             </participantStreamAssoc>

             <stream id="i1Pz3to5hGk8fuXl+PbwCw=="
                 <label>HS1_HS2_mixed_stream</label>
             </stream>
        </recording>

Rgds
John Stafford | Solution Architect 1 | BT Global Services

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 10:27:15 -0500

On 2/29/12 9:29 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> So if<stream>  represents a record stream, how would the following be described in metadata:
>

Just to clarify:

There is one person, call him AC, that has two handsets A and C.
AC has established one call with B (CS-A-B) and another call with D 
(CS-C-D).

I gather these calls go on in parallel. (Maybe AC is switching back and 
forth taking into one handset of the other. In principal he could put 
one to each ear and use both at the same time.)

Or is this more like a two line phone, with radio buttons to switch 
between the two lines, so that at any given time one is active and the 
other is "on hold"?

I won't even try to respond to the stuff below until I get clarity on 
the above.

	Thanks,
	Paul

> 1. I dont know how to show what the participants<recv>, as they dont recv the 2 call mixed stream.
> 2. I only have a single stream being recorded which includes 2 CS's, but the<stream>  element can only have a single session attriibute
>
> I can only describe this using<ParticipantStreamAssociation>  and<ParticipantCSAssociation>.  I have not been following the list too closely for the past couple of months, is it still the intention to use these elements, as I see there is not yet a draft-ietf-metadata-06.txt that includes these elements in xml schema and examples.
>
> Also I dont know what happens to<send>  <recv>  when using associations.
>
> _______________________________________________
> siprec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/siprec
>

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 18:06:06 +0000

Paul,

Its one person AC with two handsets both in use at same time, probably one to each ear. 

Rgds
John Stafford | Solution Architect 1 | BT Global Services 
________________________________________
From: [email-masked] [[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Paul Kyzivat [[email-masked]]
Sent: 29 February 2012 15:27
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [siprec] How to specify in metadata that multiple CS's are being recorded in a single mixed RS m line stream

Just to clarify:

        Thanks,
        Paul

---

From: "Ravindran, Parthasarathi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 01:31:09 +0000

John,

I guess that you are looking for group (CSG) element usage. Person AC sessions has to be grouped under single group. CS AC-B has to be mentioned as one of the session in group and CS AC-D has to be mentioned as another session of the group. Here, user AC is available in both sessions wherein participant (device) A is in session1 and participant (device) C is in session2, it is possible to pass participant name as AC in both sessions and it is perfectly fine. Please let me know whether this approach solves your problem.

Thanks
Partha 

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
>Of [email-masked]
>Sent: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 11:36 PM
>To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
>Subject: Re: [siprec] How to specify in metadata that multiple CS's are
>being recorded in a single mixed RS m line stream
>
>Paul,
>
>Subject: Re: [siprec] How to specify in metadata that multiple CS's are
>being recorded in a single mixed RS m line stream
>
>> A converse of the "How to specify in metadata that a participants
>stream is being recorded in multiple m line streams" thread:
>>
>> Another of our record configurations is when  a turret's handset 1 and
>> handset 2 calls are recorded as a single mixed recorder stream
>>
>AC has established one call with B (CS-A-B) and another call with D (CS-
>C-D).
>
>> 2. I only have a single stream being recorded which includes 2 CS's,
>> but the<stream>  element can only have a single session attriibute
>>
>> I can only describe this using<ParticipantStreamAssociation>
>and<ParticipantCSAssociation>.  I have not been following the list too
>closely for the past couple of months, is it still the intention to use
>these elements, as I see there is not yet a draft-ietf-metadata-06.txt
>that includes these elements in xml schema and examples.
>>