Subject: [siprec] Last Call: <draft-ietf-siprec-metadata-20.txt> (Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Recording Metadata) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2016 14:50:05 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the SIP Recording WG (siprec) to
consider the following document:
- 'Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Recording Metadata'
  <draft-ietf-siprec-metadata-20.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-02-22. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Session recording is a critical requirement in many communications
   environments such as call centers and financial trading.  In some of
   these environments, all calls must be recorded for regulatory,
   compliance, and consumer protection reasons.  Recording of a session
   is typically performed by sending a copy of a media stream to a
   recording device.  This document describes the metadata model as
   viewed by Session Recording Server(SRS) and the Recording metadata
   format.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-siprec-metadata/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-siprec-metadata/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.