Subject: [siprec] Document Action: 'Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Recording Call Flows' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-siprec-callflows-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 08:49:59 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Recording Call Flows'
  (draft-ietf-siprec-callflows-08.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the SIP Recording Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alexey Melnikov, Ben Campbell and Alissa
Cooper.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-siprec-callflows/

Technical Summary:

This document lists call flows with metadata snapshots sent from a 
Session Recording Client(SRC) to a Session Recording Server(SRS).

Working Group Summary:

This document has had a relatively long gestation period in the working 
group, this is because feedback from real implementations was thought 
important and also it could not be completed before the SIPREC metadata 
specification (RFC 7865) was published

Document Quality:

There are multiple interoperable implementations of the protocol and 
metadata shown in this draft.  Notably, the National Emergency Number 
Association (NENA) has included the protocol, with the metadata 
described in this document in it’s Next Generation 9-1-1 standard, and 
has held an interoperability event where multiple implementations were 
tested. A number of recording vendors provided a detailed review and 
comments on this draft.

Personnel: 

Andrew Hutton is the Document Shepherd.  Alissa Cooper is the 
Responsible Area Director.