Subject: Re: [Slim] [slim] Barry's proposal to unblock the SLIM WG charter

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 13:16:01 -0700

Barry said:

"How does this work, appended to the charter (at the end)?:

"Adding language information to the control streams will have security
and privacy implications that must be understood and documented, as
any protocol would have to do.  Beyond that, this may open the door to
inclusion of other information that could be more security- or
privacy-sensitive than language preferences, and it could be important
to have a close look at that early on.  Therefore, this working group
will include in its work a broader analysis of security and privacy
implications of including such information in this manner.  That
analysis may be written as a separate document, or may be included in
the working group's primary document(s).  The Security Area will
provide necessary ongoing participation for that analysis, and this
requirement will not block progress on the working group's main work
if such participation is not available."

[BA] WFM.  Security considerations need to be covered in the documents
anyway, and adding privacy considerations shouldn't be overly
burdensome, assuming that we have volunteers to do the work.

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 20:53:53 -0400

The only problem I have with this is: who is going to do this work? The 
people interested in the other work of slim aren't necessarily 
interested or skilled for this work.

	Thanks,
	Paul

On 10/13/15 4:16 PM, Bernard Aboba wrote:
> [BA] WFM.  Security considerations need to be covered in the documents anyway, and adding privacy considerations shouldn't be overly burdensome, assuming that we have volunteers to do the work.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> SLIM mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/slim
>