Subject: [Slim] Non-real-time new I-D version

From: Nik Tomkinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 13:29:43 +0100

Hi all,

as you will have seen, I have submitted a new version of this
draft draft-ietf-slim-multilangcontent-02 which contains the update to the
security considerations I mentioned in my presentation, the capitalisation
issue Sean mentioned and a restriction on the use of From fields in the
language message parts and the language independent part (and a single word
change suggested by Randall).

Please take a look and let me know if there are any issues that need
addressing.

I did look at the security consideration section of the use case document,
but this is not applicable to this I-D as the user's language preferences
(or accessibility information) are not transmitted anywhere outside the
email client but kept local and safe.

As for trying to get input from large multinational mail providers (eg.
Google, Microsoft etc) I talked to John Levine and got two names of people
in Google that may be interested in helping (Weihaw Chuang and Nicolas
Lidzborski) but didn't get their contact details. Can anyone pass them on
if they have them? And also, does anyone else have good contacts with big
mail providers who would also be able to look at the draft with the aim of
giving feedback and trialling something.

Thanks,

Nik

-- 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Multiple Language Content Type Internet Draft:

<http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tomkinson-multilangcontent/>
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-slim-multilangcontent/
<http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tomkinson-slim-multilangcontent/>

-----------------------------------------------------------------