Subject: [Slim] Edit proposals to draft-ietf-slim-negotiating-human-language-01

From: Gunnar Hellström <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 22:00:24 +0200

I recently sent a collection of comments and edit proposals for 
draft-ietf-slim-negotiating-human-language-01 to Randall and the slim 
chairs. The comments and edits are of widely different kinds, between 
editorial and style issues to important technical change proposals also 
discussed and noted in today's notes to comments about related issues 
clearly ut of scope for the current draft.

We have not had any real discussion on anything but the kernel subject 
of this draft. We need also to look at other aspects.

Short of time, I made what I found to be most rapid. I made a commented 
and changemarked Word version of it. I know it is not IETF policy to 
work with Word documents.

Here I will try to distribute the commented and changemarked file as a 
pdf file, but I am afraid that it will get stuck in mail list policy 
limits. If so, please advice me how I can make my proposals available to 
all in a simple way.

Regards

Gunnar

-- 
-----------------------------------------
Gunnar Hellström
Omnitor
[email-masked]
+46 708 204 288

---

From: Brian Rosen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 10:00:15 +0200

Download the .xml file.  Edit it to create a new one, run xml2rfc to create a .txt.  Then run the IETF diff tool to create a diff.  Distribute (or post somewhere) the new .txt and the diff.
Offer the author(s) the .xml

Brian
> On Jul 19, 2016, at 10:00 PM, Gunnar Hellström <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> I recently sent a collection of comments and edit proposals for draft-ietf-slim-negotiating-human-language-01 to Randall and the slim chairs. The comments and edits are of widely different kinds, between editorial and style issues to important technical change proposals also discussed and noted in today's notes to comments about related issues clearly ut of scope for the current draft.
> 
> We have not had any real discussion on anything but the kernel subject of this draft. We need also to look at other aspects.
> 
> Short of time, I made what I found to be most rapid. I made a commented and changemarked Word version of it. I know it is not IETF policy to work with Word documents.
> 
> Here I will try to distribute the commented and changemarked file as a pdf file, but I am afraid that it will get stuck in mail list policy limits. If so, please advice me how I can make my proposals available to all in a simple way.
> 
> Regards
> 
> Gunnar
> 
> -- 
> <draft-ietf-slim-negotiating-human-language-01-gh2.pdf>_______________________________________________
> SLIM mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/slim

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 01:44:31 -0700

Hi Gunnar,

As I mentioned in the meeting, I am going through the Word document 
and looking at your suggested changes.  No need to do anything 
further for now.

--Randy

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
A nation is a society united by delusions about its ancestry and
united by common hatred of its neighbors.            --Dean Inge

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 02:45:33 -0700

I have finished going through the Word document that Gunnar sent, and 
have made several editorial changes as a result.  I believe the 
document is now ready for WGLC.  If Gunnar or anyone else is unhappy 
with any text, it can be handled as WGLC comments that the group will 
decide.

At 1:44 AM -0700 7/20/16, Randall Gellens wrote:

>  _______________________________________________
>  SLIM mailing list
>  [email-masked]

-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
Did you know...
That no one ever reads these things?