Subject: [Slim] [slim] #4 (negotiating-human-language): Section 3 has many informal references. Reword the section.

From: "slim issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 07:42:45 -0000

#4: Section 3 has many informal references. Reword the section.

 Section 3 "Expected use" has references to NENA, 3GPP, SA1, an outdated
 NENA document name. This is unusual in an IETF standards track draft.
 Reword the section to the proposal provided to the slim list on July 19.
 --------current section 3------------------

    This facility may be used by NENA and 3GPP.  NENA has already
    referenced it in NENA 08-01 (i3 Stage 3 version 2) in describing
    attributes of calls presented to an ESInet, and may add further
    details in that or other documents.  3GPP may reference this
    mechanism in general call handling and emergency call handling.  Some
    CRs introduced in SA1 have anticipated this functionality being
    provided within SDP.
 -------------------------------------------------------------

 ----Proposed replacement for section 3------------------
 This facility may be used by higher level specifications to provide a way
 for negotiating language and modality. There are specification that
 anticipate this functionality being provided within SDP.
 --------------------------------------------

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-slim-
  [email-masked]        |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |  Milestone:
Component:  negotiating-human-       |    Version:
  language                           |   Keywords:
 Severity:  In WG Last Call          |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/slim/trac/ticket/4>
slim <https://tools.ietf.org/slim/>

---

From: "slim issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 07:48:12 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 The dividing lines above should have embedded text "Current wording" and
 "Proposed new wording" included, but that was lost in publishing the
 issue. Now, I do not find how to edit the original issue, so please read
 that into the sections above.

  language                           |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                           |

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/slim/trac/ticket/4#comment:1>
slim <https://tools.ietf.org/slim/>