Subject: [Slim] [slim] #12 (multilangcontent): Consider removing health warning about short tags

From: "slim issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 21:53:50 -0000

#12: Consider removing health warning about short tags

 Section 5 includes a paragraph warning the user to use only a primary
 language subtag and no additional subtags "unless the languages might be
 mutually incomprehensible without them." RFC 5646, Section 4.1 already
 advises producers of language tags to "tag content wisely" and not include
 unnecessary subtags. On occasion there may be valid reasons for additional
 subtags, such as to indicate script for text content, and this additional
 warning could cause users to underspecify the tag at the expense of
 usability. Suggest removing this paragraph.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-slim-
  [email-masked]       |  [email-masked]
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor        |  Milestone:
Component:               |    Version:
  multilangcontent       |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/slim/trac/ticket/12>
slim <https://tools.ietf.org/slim/>

---

From: "slim issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 22:22:06 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-slim-
  [email-masked]       |  [email-masked]
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  minor        |   Milestone:
Component:               |     Version:
  multilangcontent       |  Resolution:  fixed
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/slim/trac/ticket/12#comment:1>
slim <https://tools.ietf.org/slim/>