Subject: [Slim] [slim] #14 (negotiating-human-language): Expand acronyms

From: "slim issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 21:58:20 -0000

#14: Expand acronyms

 From Section 3, "Expected Use":

 "This facility may be used by NENA and 3GPP.  NENA has already
 referenced it in NENA 08-01 (i3 Stage 3 version 2) in describing
 attributes of calls presented to an ESInet, and may add further
 details in that or other documents.  3GPP may reference this
 mechanism in general call handling and emergency call handling.  Some
 CRs introduced in SA1 have anticipated this functionality being
 provided within SDP."

 None of NENA, 3GPP, ESINet, CR, or SA1 is defined or expanded in this
 document. Suggest expanding the acronyms for the benefit of readers who
 may not be familiar with these terms (SDP should be well known to all
 readers).

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]         |      Owner:  draft-ietf-slim-
     Type:  enhancement              |  [email-masked]
 Priority:  minor                    |     Status:  new
Component:  negotiating-human-       |  Milestone:
  language                           |    Version:
 Severity:  -                        |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/slim/trac/ticket/14>
slim <https://tools.ietf.org/slim/>

---

From: "slim issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 21:31:20 -0000

#14: Expand acronyms

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 The same topic is dealt with in issue #4. Possible references are provided
 in the discussion about issue#4.
 References to SA1 and CR are not needed. There is a published 3GPP
 specification with the requirements.

 The other acronyms could be included if it is decided that the references
 are wanted. ( It is unusual for IETF to tell where IETF documents are
 used, and not needed for the specification of the mechanism)

 Severity:  -                        |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                           |

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/slim/trac/ticket/14#comment:1>
slim <https://tools.ietf.org/slim/>

---

From: "slim issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 18:33:22 -0000

#14: Expand acronyms

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Sorry, I missed that ticket. I agree that removing the unexpanded acronyms
 in this paragraph, as suggested in #4, would resolve this issue.

 Any remaining acronyms that might not be obvious to all readers should be
 expanded on first reference in this document (not by reference to an
 external specification).

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/slim/trac/ticket/14#comment:2>
slim <https://tools.ietf.org/slim/>

---

From: "slim issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 09:59:10 -0000

#14: Expand acronyms

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 [NR] I'll leave this ticket open for now so the author knows to check
 acronyms.

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/slim/trac/ticket/14#comment:3>
slim <https://tools.ietf.org/slim/>