Subject: Re: [Slim] [slim] #5 (negotiating-human-language): Improve paragraph on relay services in section 1. Introduction.

From: "slim issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 16:44:04 -0000

#5: Improve paragraph on relay services in section 1. Introduction.

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Chairs: Randall please decide on this one. We're unsure whether a
 distinction between [2] and [3] are worth making.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:  draft-ietf-slim-
  [email-masked]        |  [email-masked]
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                    |   Milestone:
Component:  negotiating-human-       |     Version:
  language                           |  Resolution:
 Severity:  In WG Last Call          |
 Keywords:  relay services           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/slim/trac/ticket/5#comment:1>
slim <https://tools.ietf.org/slim/>

---

From: "slim issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 22:15:53 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Yes, this might have become a bit too detailed.
 But the original text started with a false assumption that we should
 avoid. It assumed that the relay service would serve just one language
 pair, as is currently the case often in USA. ( but in fact not, most relay
 services have both English and Spanish support ). Relay services can
 instead be developed to be multi-language services, having benefit of the
 humintlang indications.

 Since this is just an informational section, we could decrease its size to
 e.g.
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Regarding relay services, in the case of an emergency call requiring
 sign language, there are a number of approaches that can be enhanced by
 having the language and modality preferences specified by the caller and
 conveyed to the relay service or the service provider or the emergency
 service network and PSAP. The need for language and modality indication
 becomes extra apparent when dealing with emergency calls by visitors to
 regions with other default languages than the caller's.

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/slim/trac/ticket/5#comment:2>
slim <https://tools.ietf.org/slim/>