Subject: [Slim] Fwd: NomCom 2016-2017: Call for Nominations

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 19:44:46 -0700

FYI.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "NomCom Chair 2016" <[email-masked]>
Date: Aug 29, 2016 1:52 PM
Subject: NomCom 2016-2017: Call for Nominations
To: "Working Group Chairs" <[email-masked]>
Cc:

Please forward on to your Working Groups -

The 2016-17 Nominating Committee (Nomcom) is seeking nominations from
now until October 8, 2016. The open positions being considered by this
year's Nomcom can be found at the end of this email and also on this
year's Nomcom website:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2016/

Nominations may be made by selecting the Nominate link at the top of
the Nomcom 2016 home page, or by visiting the following URL:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2016/nominate/

  {Note that nominations made using the web tool require an ietf.org
   datatracker account. You can create a datatracker ietf.org account
   if you don't have one already by visiting the following URL:
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/accounts/create/ }

If you are unable to use the web form, nominations may instead be made
by email to [email-masked]. If using email, please include the word
"Nominate" in the Subject and indicate in the email who is being
nominated, their email address (to confirm acceptance of the
nomination), and the position for which you are making the nomination.
If you are nominating someone other than yourself, please tell us if
we may tell the nominee that you were the one who made the nomination.
If you wish to nominate someone via email for more than one position,
please use separate emails to do so.

Self-nomination is welcome!

Willing nominees will be asked to fill out a questionnaire
specific to the position for which they are nominated.  The questionnaires
will be available on September 2, 2016 and have a submission deadline of
October 13, 2016.

NomCom 2016-17 will follow the policy for "Open Disclosure of Willing
Nominees" described in BCP 10/RFC 7437.  As stated in RFC 7437: "The
list of nominees willing to be considered for positions under review
in the current Nomcom cycle is not confidential". Willing nominees for
each position will be listed in a publicly accessible way - anyone
with a datatracker account may access the lists.  Additionally, the
nomination form asks if we may share your own name with the
nominee. In all other ways, the confidentiality requirements of BCP10
remain in effect.  All feedback and all Nomcom deliberations will
remain confidential and will not be disclosed.

There is a field on the form you can mark in order to allow the Nomcom
to tell the nominee that you were the one who made the
nomination. This defaults to “no” - so if you don't mark the field
we won’t tell.

In order to ensure time to collect sufficient community feedback about
each of the willing nominees, nominations must be received by the
NomCom on or before October 8, 2016.

Please submit your nominations as early as possible for the sake of
your nominees. Note that nominations should not wait for management
permission, as it is easier to decline the nomination than put one in
late.

The Nomcom appoints individuals to fill the open slots on the IAOC,
the IAB, and the IESG. The list of people and posts whose terms end
with the March 2017 IETF meeting, and thus the positions for which
this Nomcom is responsible, follows:

IAOC

    Lou Berger

IAB

    Ralph Droms*
    Russ Housley*
    Robert Sparks
    Andrew Sullivan
    Dave Thaler*
    Suzanne Woolf

IESG

    Jari Arkko (GEN)*
    Deborah Brungard (RTG)
    Ben Campbell (ART)
    Spencer Dawkins (TSV)
    Stephen Farrell (SEC)*
    Joel Jaeggli (OPS)*
    Terry Manderson (INT)
    Alvaro Retana (RTG)

*- have indicated that they do not intend to accept a
renomination. This information is always up to date on
https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2016/

Please be resourceful in identifying possible candidates for these
positions, as developing our talent is a very crucial requirement for
the IETF, and also, please consider accepting a nomination.  You'll
find extensive information about specific positions, developed by the
IAB, IESG, and IAOC, under individual tabs at:

  https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2016/requirements/

In addition to nominations, the Nomcom seeks community input on the
positions themselves.  We need and welcome the community's views and
input on the jobs within each organization. If you have ideas on the
positions' responsibilities (more, less, different), please let us
know.

Please send suggestions and feedback about this to [email-masked].

Thank you for your help in identifying qualified nominees!

Lucy Lynch
Nomcom Chair 2016-17
[email-masked]
[email-masked]