Subject: Comments on CMS-08

From: "Jim Schaad (Exchange)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 20:05:09 -0800

1.  Section 5.3 paragraph #2 page 8.  The new text on content-type
attribute, the 3 sentence should start "The content-type attribute is not
required" not "The content-type is not required"

2.  Section 10.2.2 has a reference to PKCS#5 that should be PKCS#6

3.  Section 12.3.3:  You are stating that a Triple-DES key should be used to
wrap an RC2 content-encryption key.

-----

I still have the problem of tieing the key-encryption key and
content-encryption key algorithms.  But I think you said that was still and
open issue.  If not, then I need to start lobbing to make it an open issue.

jim

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 14:16:01 -0500

>required" not "The content-type is not required"

Agree.  This is a simple typo.

>2.  Section 10.2.2 has a reference to PKCS#5 that should be PKCS#6

Agee.  This is also a typo, but one that has been there a long time.

>wrap an RC2 content-encryption key.

I caught this error yesterday.  It is fixed.

>open issue.  If not, then I need to start lobbing to make it an open issue.

This is addressed in draft-ietf-smime-cms-09.txt.  I will send it out later
today or first thing tomorrow.  Many thanks to Steve Henson for the words
he provided on this tpoic.

Russ