Subject: Re: Key Wrap Algoritm

From: Graham Klyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 15:30:38 +0000

At 23:11 09/12/98 -0500, Russ Housley wrote:
>All:
>
>In today's face-to-face working group meeting, we decided to replace the
>Fletcher Checksum with the first 64 bits of a SHA-1 hash.

This is the second of two messages I've seen where the face-to-face meeting
decided to change something in S/MIME.

I thought that IETF procedure required that all decisions for substantive
change were made on the mailing list.

I don't oppose the changes, just raising a flag.  Having done so, I'll
leave this to the WG chair to resolve.

#g

------------
Graham Klyne
([email-masked])

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 17:10:19 -0500

That is why I posted the decision to the list.  This posting allows anyone
who was unable to attend the meeting to raise an objection.

Russ
S/MIME WG Chair