Subject: goals and milestones up to date?

From: Sarbari Gupta <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 14:44:37 -0500

I recently visited the S/MIME web page at
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/smime-charter.html and was a bit
confused with the "Goals and Milestones" section. All the milestones
seem to be referring to late 1997 and early 1998 dates. Is this the
right information?

Specifically, I was trying to find out the milestones/dates with respect
to the "S/MIME Version 3 Message Specification" and "Cryptographic
Message Syntax" I-Ds. 

- Sarbari Gupta
=================================
Sarbari Gupta
CygnaCom Solutions
(703)848-0883 (voice)
(703)848-0960(FAX)
[email-masked]
=================================

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 09:01:26 -0500

We were overly optimistic when we developed the milestones.  Patent and
algorithm discussions took much more time than expected.

Russ