Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-smime-x942-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 14:24:46 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Diffie-Hellman Key Agreement Method
	Author(s)	: E. Rescorla
	Filename	: draft-ietf-smime-x942-04.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 22-Dec-98
	
   This document standardizes one particular Diffie-Hellman variant,
   based on the ANSI X9.42 standard, developed by the ANSI X9F1 working
   group. Diffie-Hellman is a key agreement algorithm used by two par-
   ties to agree on a shared secret. An algorithm for converting the
   shared secret into an arbitrary amount of keying material is pro-
   vided. The resulting keying material is used as a symmetric encryp-
   tion key.  The D-H variant described requires the recipient to have a
   certificate, but the originator may have a static key pair (with the
   public key placed in a certificate) or an ephemeral key pair.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-x942-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-smime-x942-04.txt".

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-x942-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 16:48:12 -0500

Jeff:

This document is ready for IETF-wide Last Call.

I recommend a four week last call.  Since this document specifies a
Diffie-Hellman variant, it should get reviewed by as many cryptographers as
possible.

Other documents from the S/MIME Working Group will be ready for IETF-wide
Last Call within the next two weeks.

Russ

At 02:24 PM 12/23/98 -0500, [email-masked] wrote:
>Content-Type: text/plain
>Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>
>
>ENCODING mime
>FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-x942-04.txt
>
><ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-x942-04.txt>