Subject: ANN: The Internet Security Conference

From: "Paul Kent" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 10:51:46 -0800

The Internet Security Conference
Making the Internet a Safer Place for Electronic Information Assets
April 19-23, 1999 * Fairmont Hotel * San Jose CA

The 2nd presentation of The Internet Security Conference (TISC,
http://tisc.corecom.com) will address the most pressing security
issues confronting Internet-enabled organizations today.

The most respected experts in nearly every field of security will gather in
the Fairmont Hotel, San Jose to present a technical conference and
exhibition, April
19-23, 1999.

The TISC faculty of over 50 experts, including:

* Fred Avolio, security, former product manager for TIS Gauntlet Internet
   Firewall
* Dr. William Hancock, Chief Technology Officer, Network-1
* Charlie Kaufman, Security Architect for Lotus Notes, IBM
* Dr. Stephen Kent, Chief Scientist, Information Security, BBN Technologies
* Rik Farrow, Internet and UNIX Security consultant and author
* Bob Moskowitz, Sr. technical director at the ICSA
* Dr. Radia Perlman, Distinguished Engineer, Sun Microsystems
* Marcus Ranum, firewall expert, CEO & Founder, Network Flight Recorder,
* Dr. Ron Ross, Sr. computer scientist at the Information Technology
Laboratory, NIST

will join Network Computing Magazine's Technology Editors Dan Backman, Mike
Fratto and Dave Willis in presenting workshops, seminars, and a two-day, 30
session Security Symposium.

An Interoperability Lab and Vendor Exhibit will complement the education
offered at TISC. The Interoperability Lab
(http://tisc.corecom.com/lab99.html)
will provide attendees  an opportunity to witness individual product
demonstrations,
conducted by vendor *technical* staff. Attendees will see and participate in
multi-vendor
demonstrations of:

* Network Attack, Penetration, and Intrusion Detection
* IPSec/IKE and CA Interoperability
* IPSec Configuration and Benchmarking
* Policy-Based Security Management
* Layered VPNs for Remote Access and Extranet Connectivity
* Desktop and Internet Application Security
* Authentication as an Enabler for Secure E-Commerce

coordinated by Aventail, Core Competence, Ernst & Young and Network
Computing Magazine.

Entrance to the TISC Interoperability Lab is free to all TISC '99 attendees.

TISC workshop students will receive a guided walking tour of security
technologies on display in the lab

A complete program guide is available at
http://tisc.corecom.com/programguide.pdf

Registration is now open, visit
https://secure.mactivity.com/tisc/register.html
or call 1-800-798-2928. Space is Limited.

The Internet Security Conference is presented by Core Competence, the
respected internetworking, fast packet and network management consulting
firm founded
by Dave Piscitello, and  Network Computing,  the premier technology
solutions
magazine.

Conference Sponsors include
* Compatible Systems * Checkpoint Software Technologies * Ernst & Young *
Microsoft
* Aventail * RadGuard * Internet Devices * NetScreen * 3Com * enCommerce *
RedCreek
* RSA Data Security * TimeStep * Xedia * Network Flight Recorder * Covad
Communications
* Axent Technologies * Kroll-O'Gara ISG* Exodus * Xcert * Network-1 *
Internet Week and NEC

(Visit http://tisc.corecom.com/sponsors.html for new additions to this
list.)