Subject: CFP: Communications and Multimedia Security '99

From: "CMS'99" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 10:34:45 +0100 (MET)

[Apologies if you receive this more than once.]

------------------------------------------------------------------------
           International Federation for Information Processing

                                 CMS '99
                  Communications and Multimedia Security        

                Joint working conference IFIP TC6 and TC11

                          September 20-21, 1999
                  Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Call For Papers
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------

GOALS and TOPICS of INTEREST

CMS '99 is the fourth in a series of international conferences which aim 
at reviewing state-of-the-art issues as well as practical experiences
and new trends in the areas of communications and multimedia systems
security.

It is the intention of the organisers to focus the attention of the
conference presentations and discussions on issues which combine
innovative research work with a highly promising application potential.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to
   * communications systems security
   * mobile communications security
   * Internet, intranet and extranet security
   * security of mobile code
   * multimedia systems security
   * applied cryptography
   * electronic commerce and digital signatures
   * security in distributed systems
   * secure teleworking, telecooperation, telemedicine
   * legal, social and ethical aspects of communication systems security
   * standards for communication and multimedia systems security

SUBMISSION DETAILS

Authors are strongly encouraged to submit their papers electronically.
Please email your submission in postscript (or pdf) format to:
[email-masked]
Electronic submissions must be received by March 15, 1999, 23:00 GMT in
order to be considered.

Authors unable to submit electronically are invited to send a cover
letter and 5 (five) copies of an anonymous paper (double-sided copies
preferred) to the Program Chair at the postal address below. Submissions
must be received by the Program Chair on or before March 15, 1999.

The cover letter should contain the paper's title and the names and
affiliations of the authors, and should identify the contact author
including e-mail and postal addresses.

Submissions must not substantially duplicate work that any of the
authors have published elsewhere or have submitted in parallel to any
other conference or workshop that has proceedings. The paper must be
anonymous, with no author names, affiliations, acknowledgments, or
obvious references. It should begin with a title, a short abstract, and
a list of key words, and its introduction should summarise the 
contributions of the paper at a level appropriate for a non-specialist
reader. The paper should be at most 5000 words long.  A full page figure
is 500 words. It is anticipated that the proceedings will be published by
Kluwer Academic Publishers. Therefore authors are encouraged to use for
their submissions the Kluwer IFIP templates for LaTeX or Word (see
http://www.wkap.com/IFIP).

All submitted papers will be refereed by at least three members of the
International Program Committee according to the standard blind
refereeing procedures. The Conference Proceedings will be published by
an international publisher; copies of the proceedings will be available
at the conference.

Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to authors by April
30, 1999. Authors of accepted papers must guarantee that their paper
will be presented at the conference.

Important dates:

   * Submission Deadline: March 15, 1999
   * Notification: April 30, 1999
   * Final camera-ready version: May 21, 1999
   * Conference: September 20-21, 1999

To submit a paper, or for further details, please contact:

  Prof. Bart Preneel,
  Program Committee Chair CMS'99
  Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
  Dept. Electrical Engineering-ESAT/COSIC
  K. Mercierlaan 94, B-3001 Heverlee, BELGIUM

  Email: [email-masked]
  Tel +32 16 32 10 50    Fax: +32 16 32 19 86
  For further details see http://www.esat.kuleuven.ac.be/cosic/cms99/

Program Committee Chair:
  B. Preneel, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium

Program Committee:
  P. Ashley, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
  A. Casaca, Inesc, Portugal
  S. Fischer-Huebner, Hamburg University, Germany
  W. Fumy, Siemens Research, Germany
  D. Gollmann, Microsoft Research, UK
  D. Gritzalis, Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece
  P. Horster, University of Klagenfurt, Austria
  S. Katsikas, University of the Aegean, Greece
  L.R. Knudsen, University of Bergen, Norway
  C. Mitchell, Royal Holloway, University of London, UK
  D. Naccache, Gemplus, France
  R. Oppliger, BFI, Switzerland
  G. Pernul, University of Essen, Germany
  R. Posch, TU Graz, Austria
  G. Quirchmayr, University of Vienna, Austria
  J.-J. Quisquater, Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium
  M. Reiter, Bell Labs, USA
  D. Tygar, University of California at Berkeley, USA
  P. van Oorschot, Entrust Technologies, Canada
  S.H. von Solms, Rand Afrikaans University, South Africa
  L. Yngstrom, Stockholm University and Royal Institute of Technology,
Sweden
  L Strous, De Nederlandsche Bank NV, The Netherlands, advisory member

Organising Committee Chair:
  J. Vandewalle, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven

Organising Committee:
  Joris Claessens,  Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
  Jorge Nakahara,  Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
  Péla Noë,  Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
  Vincent Rijmen,  Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
  Mark Vandenwauver,  Katholieke Universiteit Leuven

Main Organiser:
  IFIP TC 11 and TC 6
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------