Subject: MSG changes in IETF last call -- please review

From: "Blake Ramsdell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 20:27:18 -0800

These are the changes that I am making in MSG-07 that were requested during
IETF last call.

Let me know if I missed anything.

Changes from draft-ietf-smime-msg-06 to draft-ietf-smime-msg-07:

Clarified section 2.4.1 in the case of multipart/signed (eContent is absent
in that case) (Jim Schaad)
Removed receipt request attribute from section 2.5 (Jim Schaad)
Capitalized MUST for use of the issuerAndSerialNumber CHOICE in section 2.6
(Jim Schaad)
Capitalized NOT in section 3.2.1 regarding reliance on file extensions (Jim
Schaad)
Changed [DH] reference to refer to draft-ietf-smime-x942-*.txt (Jim Schaad)
Replaced section A with ASN.1 module (Jim Schaad)
Rewording of 2.7.3 to explain that the content of the strongly-encrypted
message can be learned by decrypting the weaker message (Russ Housley)
Provided example OID. string for new smime-type values in section 3.2.2
(Russ Housley)
Rewording of section 5 regarding sending two messages with different levels
of encryption (Russ Housley)
Added [RANDOM] reference in section 4.1 and to section B (Russ Housley)
Explained in section 2.5.2 that section A contains all of the MUST and
SHOULD OIDs (Russ Housley)

Blake
--
Blake C. Ramsdell
Worldtalk Corporation
For current info, check http://www.deming.com/users/blaker
Voice +1 425 882 8861 x103  Fax +1 425 882 8060