Subject: Mandatory to Implement Algorithms

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 14:59:56 -0500

Dear Working Group:

At the face-to-face S/MIME WG meeting yesterday, we came to consensus on a 
new set of mandatory to implement algorithms.  The people present 
overwhelmingly agreed on the following:

	Encryption:	Triple-DES

	Key Mgmt:	RSA (using PKCS #1 v1.5)

	Msg Digest:	SHA-1

	Signature:	DSA and RSA  (using PKCS #1 v1.5)

On signature, we will require that implementations are able to verify 
signatures on certificates and messages using both algorithms; however, 
implementations are required to generates signatures on messages using at 
least one of the signature algorithms.

Russ

---

From: "Blake Ramsdell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 12:56:11 -0800

Wow, and I wasn't even there.  Sweet!

I will update the drafts and have new ones posted soon.

Blake

-----Original Message-----
From: Russ Housley [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2001 12:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Mandatory to Implement Algorithms

Dear Working Group:

	Encryption:	Triple-DES

	Msg Digest:	SHA-1

Russ