Subject: Draft ETSI TS "XML Advanced Electronic Signatures"

From: "Nick Pope" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 17:58:00 +0100

Request for comments on draft ETSI standard:
"XML Advanced Electronic Signatures (XAdES)"

The ETSI Electronic Signatures Infrastructure Working Group has drafted a
standard which specifies the XML format for Advanced Electronic Signatures
satisfying the requeriments defined in the European Directive
for Electronic Signatures, and with long term validity.

This draft specification is being made publicly available for review and
comment by any company or organisation with interest in this area.  A copy
can be obtained through the ETSI El Sign web site (see below).

Comments are requested by 14th September.

Background

The development of this standard

"XML Advanced Electronic Signatures"

is one of the tasks the ETSI Electronic Signature and Infrastructure Working
Group is progressing within the European Electronic Signature
Standardisation
Initiative (EESSI). The ETSI El Sign Web-site (see below) provides further
information about the ETSI activities and the EESSI program.

REQUESTED ACTION

Please send your comments and suggestions not later than 14 September to the
ETSI El Sign e-mail list [email-masked], with copy to the editor on
[email-masked] .   Please put "ETSI-XAdES" at the front of the Subject
field of all submissions to the e-mail list on this topic.

To register with the EL-SIGN list and download the draft document
(STF178Task3Draft.pdf) see:

http://www.etsi.org/sec/el-sign.htm

The purpose of the open e-mail list is to stimulate discussion of the
published comments and contributions. Therefore, early submissions are
welcome. We expect that discussions will go on through the open e-mail list
under and after the comments period.

With regards

Juan  Carlos Cruellas (Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya)
Editor - XML Advanced Electronic Signatures (XAdES)
[email-masked]

and

György Endersz, Telia Research AB
Chair ETSI ESI Working Group
[email-masked]