Subject: WG Last Call: draft-ietf-smime-hmac-key-wrap-00.txt

From: "Housley, Russ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 10:31:00 -0500

Dear S/MIME WG Members:

This message announces Working Group Last Call for hmac-key-wrap.  The two 
authors have independently written implementations of the specification, 
and the implementations interoperate.  This indicates that the 
specification contains the necessary detail.

	Title		: Wrapping an HMAC key with a Triple-DES Key
			:	or an AES Key
	Author(s)	: J. Schaad, R. Housley
	Filename	: draft-ietf-smime-hmac-key-wrap-00.txt
	Date		: 06-Feb-02

The intent is to publish hmac-key-wrap as an Informational RFC.

Please review hmac-key-wrap, and post any comments to the 
[email-masked] mail list by Saturday, 23 February 2002.  Unless traffic 
on the mail list indicates otherwise, I will
send these to the IESG shortly after WG Last Call closes.

Russ

---

From: [email-masked] (Peter Gutmann)
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 05:46:09 +1300 (NZDT)

"Housley, Russ" <[email-masked]> writes:

>Please review hmac-key-wrap, and post any comments to the [email-masked]
>mail list by Saturday, 23 February 2002.

I've already posted my thoughts on this earlier on - why is this being
published when there's already a standards-track RFC which specifies an
algorithm for the same thing?

Peter.