Subject: Attribute Certification

From: Denis Pinkas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 12:14:13 +0200

Request for public comments on Draft ETSI TR 102 044 V0.0.7 (2002-07):

"Identification of requirements for attribute certification"

The ETSI Electronic Signatures Infrastructure Working Group has drafted a
technical report to identify a set of requirements that will provide a basis
on which a subsequent standard can build policy requirements for attributes
certified by Attribute Authorities or Certification Authorities either in a
subject's PKCs (Public Key Certificates) or in ACs (Attribute Certificates).

The scope of this document is to extensively investigate on the attribute
certification related topics in order to cover the general use of certified
attributes in the context of electronic signatures, but attributes that can
be used in such a context can also be used for other reasons, e.g.: for
authorisation.

COMMENTS ARE REQUESTED BY 8 TH SEPTEMBER 2002. Details of how to obtain
a copy of this document and submit comments are given towards the end of
this message.

BACKGROUND

The development of policy documents is one of the tasks the ETSI Electronic
Signature and Infrastructure Working Group is progressing within the
European Electronic Signature Standardisation Initiative (EESSI).
The ETSI El Sign Web-site (see below) provides further information about the
ETSI activities and the EESSI program.

REQUESTED ACTION.

Please send your comments and suggestions not later than 8 th September
either to the ETSI El Sign e-mail list [email-masked], with copy to
the editor on [email-masked] or only to the editor, as you wish.
Please put "Attribute Certification" at the front of the Subject field of
all submissions to the e-mail list on this topic.

To register with the EL-SIGN list and download the draft document
(draft_TR_102044_v007.pdf) see:

http://portal.etsi.org/sec/el-sign.asp

The purpose of the open e-mail list is to stimulate discussion of the
published comments and contributions. Therefore, early submissions are
welcome. We expect that discussions will go on through the open e-mail list
under and after the comments period.

With regards,

Denis Pinkas. Bull.
Editor - Identification of requirements for attribute certification.

Franco Ruggieri. FIR DIG Consultants.
Task leader - Identification of requirements for attribute certification.