Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-smime-x400wrap-06.txt

From: "Blake Ramsdell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 13:17:57 -0700

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jim Craigie
> Sent: Friday, May 02, 2003 2:57 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-smime-x400wrap-06.txt
> 
> When is this going to become an RFC? Why the delay?

There was an omission that was found after the working group finished
it, so another version of the x400transport draft was required.  The
x400wrap and x400transport drafts are codependent, one can't progress
without the other one to RFC status.

It is not clear what the timeline is -- this depends on how fast the
review of these documents goes, whether there's any more edits required,
and then how backed up the RFC editor is.  Russ will chime in if there's
a better way to estimate the actual time.

Blake