Subject: WG LAST CALL: draft-ietf-smime-gost-05.txt

From: "Turner, Sean P." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:13:22 -0500

This message initiates an SMIME Working Group Last Call on the document:

	Title		: Using the GOST 28147-89, GOST R 34.11-94, GOST
                    R 34.10-94 and GOST R 34.10-2001 algorithms
                    with the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)
	Author(s)	: S. Leontiev, G. Chudov
	Filename	: draft-ietf-smime-gost-05.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 2005-9-13

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-gost-05.txt

The purpose of this WG Last Call is to ensure that the Working Group has
achieved consensus that the document is suitable for publication as a
Proposed Standard.

Please review the document for both technical and editorial problems.
Technical issues should be discussed on this list. Editorial issues may be
sent to the document editor.

The Last Call period will end on Friday, December 2, 2005.

Upon completion of the last call, the WG chairs will take action based
upon the consensus of the WG. Possible actions include:

   1) recommending to the IETF Security Area Directors
      that the document, after possible editorial or
      other minor changes, be considered by the IESG
      for publication as a Standard Track RFC
      (which generally involves an IETF-wide Last Call); or

   2) requiring that outstanding issues be adequately
      addressed prior to further action (including,
      possibly, another WG Last Call).

Remember that it is our responsibility as Working Group members to
ensure the quality of our documents and of the Internet Standards
process.  So, please read and comment!

Spt

PS there is a companion GOST documents in PKIX
(http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-gost-cppk-03.txt) and in
RFC editor's queue
(ftp://ftp.isi.edu/internet-drafts/draft-popov-cryptopro-cpalgs-04.txt).

---

From: Blake Ramsdell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 15:04:08 -0800

> (ftp://ftp.isi.edu/internet-drafts/draft-popov-cryptopro- 

Are we going to run into another CMC / symkeydist situation here?  
That is, is gost-cppk going to get stuck for any reason in PKIX? I  
note that the last draft revision is 9/9/05 and I did not see  
anything to indicate that there is active discussion about this draft  
on the PKIX list.

Just firing a warning shot that cppk is a normative reference that  
will need to progress through PKIX before gost-05 can complete.  
Authors -- can you give a quick status update about this?

cpalgs looks pretty frictionless -- no missing normative references,  
and in the editor's queue.

Blake
--
Blake Ramsdell | Sendmail, Inc. | http://www.sendmail.com

---

From: "Gregory S. Chudov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 15:45:26 +0300

Greetings.

We are ready for last call on gost-cppk too.

---

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:48:25 -0500

>We are ready for last call on gost-cppk too.

I sent a message