Subject: regimented unique

From: Jen Norwood <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 15:50:40 +0300

CAON Takes New Direction. Investors Are All Over It!

Chan-On International Inc.
Symbol: CAON
Close: $0.72 UP 4.35%

Volume Jumped through the roof today as CAON announced it has changed
its direction and acquired Harbin Hongbo, as wells as its 12 patients
for environmentally safe construction materials. Investors are already
seeing the potential. We expect great things from CAON with big news
expected Monday. Get on CAON first thing Monday!

As Groucho Marx said: "I don't want to belong to any club that would
have me as a member".

We should be grateful about this, but as I said yesterday, too many of
these "scandals" will not do any of us any good.
This staggering threefold increase in candidate interest has been
achieved in just nine months - coinciding with the period in which
consultancy recruitment demand has been at its most buoyant. This cost
can be reduced through outsourcing.
This insight comes from a New York Times article by Eduardo Porter. This
is in and of itself interesting, but country expertise is not covered by
this report. It's not the outsourcing of a call centre to India, that's
the next step in drive to productivity. Similarly, jobs from Europe and
America were being outsourced to India in search of the cheap labour and
increased profits.

That is the only way you can drive down cost and drive up shareholder
value. The arrest last week of a man in western India in an alleged
offshoring fraud case went unreported. This opinion piece is not
actually negative about offshoring, nor Indian companies in general.
So, when he recommends that consulting firms should look outside its own
ranks for management material, we really ought to listen.

And the newcomers CGI, Adecco, and Manpower are huge companies in their
own right.

As Groucho Marx said: "I don't want to belong to any club that would
have me as a member".

What havoc could a terrorist group cause with information like that at
their fingertips? Business costs are basically a function of two
factors: cost factor number one is associated with actually writing
cheques.

So, when he recommends that consulting firms should look outside its own
ranks for management material, we really ought to listen.

This was the question posed to the "CIO Jury" by silicon.

These should be of most concern because most finance guys don't even see
them as legitimate costs. In that way I agree with the editor of The
Sun, proper policing and adaptive legal protection is needed, and it is
needed now. Globalisation is a good thing, a very good thing and I would
like to remind everyone for a long time the West did a lot of talking
about how aid should transfer into trade. Almost certainly not. As union
members, we must understand that for every job that we get in India, a
job is lost in the outsourcing country. And the beneficiary is always
the employer because in India he has to pay only a fraction of the wages
that he pays in his own country. All the incumbents got bigger, mostly
by acquisition. Similarly, jobs from Europe and America were being
outsourced to India in search of the cheap labour and increased profits.
On the one hand, this was resulting in loss of employment of the
existing workers in a company and on the other, employer was paying a
fraction for the outsourced work.

This UK tabloid newspaper is regularly credited with making or breaking
political lives. But what I see happening is a convergence between HR
and finance and procurement.

Outsourcing was of two types: one, where Indian employers were giving
some of the work being done by the workers to outside agencies.

Now it's happening and we say 'oh my god, it's not what we intended'.
This cost can be reduced through outsourcing.

This has suited India's BPO companies, especially Mphasis, whose four
employees have been implicated in the case. Foreign executives
transferred to France no longer have to worry about paying income tax in
France and in their home country.

This staggering threefold increase in candidate interest has been
achieved in just nine months - coinciding with the period in which
consultancy recruitment demand has been at its most buoyant.
This is where the costs are either disguised in the form of some other
line item, or not even on a balance sheet.
I belive his thinking is a little simplistic, but the article is
nevertheless worth reading.