Subject: WG Last Call: draft-ietf-smime-cms-aes-ccm-and-gcm-02.txt

From: "Turner, Sean P." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 05:46:03 -0400

This message initiates an SMIME Working Group Last Call on the document: 

 Title     : Using AES-CCM and AES-GCM Authenticated Encryption in
             the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)
 Author(s) : R. Housley
 Filename  : draft-ietf-smime-cms-aes-ccm-and-gcm-02.txt
 Pages     : 11
 Date      : 2007-5-2
	
This document specifies the conventions for using the AES-CCM and the
AES-GCM authenticated encryption algorithms with the Cryptographic Message
Syntax (CMS) authenticated-enveloped-data content type.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-cms-aes-ccm-and-gcm-02.
txt

The purpose of this WG Last Call is to ensure that the Working Group has
achieved consensus that the document is suitable for publication as a
Standard Track RFC.

Please review the document for both technical and editorial problems. 
Technical issues should be discussed on this list. Editorial issues may be
sent to the document editor. 

The Last Call period will end on Monday, July 2, 2007. 

Upon completion of the last call, the WG chairs will take action based upon
the consensus of the WG. Possible actions include:

    1) recommending to the IETF Security Area Directors 
       that the document, after possible editorial or 
       other minor changes, be considered by the IESG 
       for publication as a Standards Track RFC 
       (which generally involves an IETF-wide Last Call); or 

    2) requiring that outstanding issues be adequately 
       addressed prior to further action (including, 
       possibly, another WG Last Call). 

Remember that it is our responsibility as Working Group members to ensure
the quality of our documents and of the Internet Standards process.  So,
please read and comment!

spt