Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-smime-multisig-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Multiple Signatures in S/MIME
	Author(s)	: S. Turner, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-smime-multisig-01.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2007-6-28
	
CMS SignedData includes the SignerInfo structure to convey per-signer 
   information. SignedData supports multiple signers and multiple 
   signature algorithms per-signer with multiple SignerInfo structures. 
   If a signer attaches more than one SignerInfo, there are concerns 
   that an attacker could perform a downgrade attack by removing the 
   SignerInfo(s) with the 'strong' algorithm(s). This document defines 
   the multiple-signatures attribute, its generation rules, and its 
   processing rules to allow signers to convey multiple SignerInfo while 
   protecting against downgrade attacks. Additionally, this attribute 
   may assist during periods of algorithm migration.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-multisig-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-smime-multisig-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-multisig-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Turner, Sean P." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:33:28 -0400

Note that this resurrects an expired draft very little changed. 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 3:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-smime-multisig-01.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group of the
IETF.

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in, type
"cd internet-drafts" and then "get draft-ietf-smime-multisig-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type: