Subject: WG Last Call: draft-ietf-smime-cms-auth-enveloped-04.txt

From: "Turner, Sean P." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 05:49:19 -0400

This message initiates an SMIME Working Group Last Call on the document: 

 Title     : Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) Authenticated-Enveloped-Data
             Content Type
 Author(s) : R. Housley
 Filename  : draft-ietf-smime-cms-auth-enveloped-04.txt
 Pages     : 11
 Date      : 2007-4-26
	
This document describes an additional content type for the Cryptographic
Message Syntax (CMS).  The authenticated-enveloped-data content type is
intended for use with authenticated encryption modes. All of the various key
management techniques that are supported in the CMS enveloped-data content
type are also supported by the CMS authenticated-enveloped-data content
type.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-cms-auth-enveloped-04.t
xt

The purpose of this WG Last Call is to ensure that the Working Group has
achieved consensus that the document is suitable for publication as a
Standard Track RFC.

Please review the document for both technical and editorial problems. 
Technical issues should be discussed on this list. Editorial issues may be
sent to the document editor. 

****NOTE****

There has been much discussion on the ordering of the authAttrs field and
the number of authAttrs field(s). Pay special attention to this issue during
the review.

****NOTE****

The Last Call period will end on Monday, July 2, 2007. 

Upon completion of the last call, the WG chairs will take action based upon
the consensus of the WG. Possible actions include:

    1) recommending to the IETF Security Area Directors 
       that the document, after possible editorial or 
       other minor changes, be considered by the IESG 
       for publication as a Standards Track RFC 
       (which generally involves an IETF-wide Last Call); or 

    2) requiring that outstanding issues be adequately 
       addressed prior to further action (including, 
       possibly, another WG Last Call). 

Remember that it is our responsibility as Working Group members to ensure
the quality of our documents and of the Internet Standards process.  So,
please read and comment!

spt