Subject: SMIME WG Summary

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 08:01:40 -0700

The following is similar to the report I sent to the saag list:

The SMIME WG did not meet (again) but we haven't closed (yet) so here's 
a summary of what happened since last time:

- draft-ietf-smime-sha2: entered the RFC editor's queue
- draft-ietf-smime-3850bis: addressing IESG DISCUSSES (all resolved,
   in the eyes of the author, awaiting submission of new ID with
   get-out-of-jail boiler plate text*)**
- draft-ietf-smime-3851bis: addressing IESG DISCUSSES (all resolved
   awaiting author submission of new ID, awaiting submission of new ID
   with get-out-of-jail boiler plate text*)***
- draft-ietf-smime-3278bis: WGLC issued/passed, RFC 4858 write-up
   provided to AD, awaiting AD review and inclusion on IESG agenda
- draft-ietf-smime-new-asn1: WGLC issued, new version posted addressing
   WGLC comments, awaiting RFC 4858 write-up (will be completed by the
   end of the week), and passed to Tim
- draft-ietf-smime-cms-rsa-kem: STALLED!?! Text to address Steve Kent's
   SECDIR review provided to authors, and we're awaiting a response.

I have been approached about three new IDs.  The proposed plan is for 
each author to initially submit their ID as individual ID and then the 
WG will consider adoption.

Cheers,

spt

* If I can reach Steve Dusse, Laurence Lundblade, Lisa Repka, Bill 
Flanigan, and Elliot Ginsberg then I won't have to include the text.  If 
somebody has contact info for any of these people please let me know.
** Proposed changes to the ID based on IESG DISCUSSES can be found at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/idtracker/ballot/2906/
*** Proposed changes to the ID based on IESG DISCUSSES can be found at: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/idtracker/ballot/2906/
I will be publishing new ID that incorporate the IESG DISCUSSES next week.

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 09:13:17 -0700

I should add the following name to the list of people I need to contact:

Jeff Thompson
Jeff Weinstein
Anil Gangolli
Piers Chivers

spt