Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-smime-3851bis-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 10:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME) Version 3.2 Message Specification
	Author(s)	: B. Ramsdell, S. Turner
	Filename	: draft-ietf-smime-3851bis-11.txt
	Pages		: 46
	Date		: 2009-5-14
	
This document defines Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions 
   (S/MIME) version 3.2.  S/MIME provides a consistent way to send and 
   receive secure MIME data.  Digital signatures provide authentication, 
   message integrity, and non-repudiation with proof of origin. 
   Encryption provides data confidentiality.  Compression can be used to 
   reduce data size.  This document obsoletes RFC 3851.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-3851bis-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 15:12:28 -0400

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-3851bis-11.txt

This version includes revisions to adopt DSA key sizes comparable to 
RSA, updates the security considerations accordingly, and aligns the DH 
key sizes with RSA key sizes.  Tim Polk says an approved FIPS 186-3 is 
going to be published any day now and this will save us some time (we 
were pinned on it being published anyway).

spt