Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-smime-3850bis-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 10:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the S/MIME Mail Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME) Version 3.2 Certificate Handling
	Author(s)	: S. Turner, B. Ramsdell
	Filename	: draft-ietf-smime-3850bis-11.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2009-5-14
	
This document specifies conventions for X.509 certificate usage by 
   Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME) v3.2 agents.  
   S/MIME provides a method to send and receive secure MIME messages, 
   and certificates are an integral part of S/MIME agent processing.  
   S/MIME agents validate certificates as described in RFC 5280, the 
   Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure Certificate and CRL Profile.  
   S/MIME agents must meet the certificate processing requirements in 
   this document as well as those in RFC 5280. This document obsoletes 
   RFC 3850.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-3850bis-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 15:12:26 -0400

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-smime-3850bis-11.txt

This version includes revisions to adopt DSA key sizes comparable to RSA 
and updates the security considerations accordingly.  Tim Polk says an 
approved FIPS 186-3 is going to be published any day now and this will 
save us some time (we were pinned on it being published anyway).

spt