Subject: [smime] Fwd: Document Action: 'Suite B in Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME)' to Informational RFC (draft-housley-rfc5008bis-01.txt)

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 14:57:06 -0400

FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Document Action: 'Suite B in Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail 
Extensions (S/MIME)' to Informational RFC	(draft-housley-rfc5008bis-01.txt)
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 11:48:57 -0700
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
CC: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Suite B in Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME)'
   (draft-housley-rfc5008bis-01.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Sean Turner.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-housley-rfc5008bis/

Technical Summary

   The United States Government has published guidelines for
   "NSA Suite B Cryptography", which defines cryptographic
   algorithm policy for national security applications. This
   document defines a profile of S/MIME which is conformant with
   Suite B.

Working Group Summary

   This document is not the product of any IETF working group.

Document Quality

    This document explains the requirements for as S/MIME
    implementation to be considered "Suite B conformant".
    There is strong consensus from the people that are
    defining "Suite B".

Personnel

    Russ Housley ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd.
    Sean Turner ([email-masked]) is the responsible Area Director.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce