Subject: RE: snmpconf Minutes of SNMPCONFG WG Meetings at 47th IETF - Repo rted by Jon Saperia

From: Andrew Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 14:04:33 -0700

Jon,

Thanks for the detailed report. A couple of minor nits:

1. If we are going to attribute the Q and As, which is helpful, I think,
although the IETF guidelines say don't do that, we need to disambiguate some
of them (multi-Steve's, multi-Randy's (I think) and assorted Andy's, and who
is GWW? Is that Greg? - change my comments to "Andrew" if that helps).

2. It would help to add pointers to slides at appropriate places (e.g. temp
or permanent URLs) - the IETF people are good at fixing these up into
permanent URLs when the proceedings are done.

3. Might be more appropriate to remove the editorialising in order to
provide an accurate record - whilst your added comments are generally
helpful, they do tend to alter the way a reader then would understand the
following text. I think they'd be better made as mailing list comments.

Thanks,

Andrew

****************************************************************
Andrew Smith                              tel: +1 (408) 579-2821
Extreme Networks                          fax: +1 (408) 579-3000
3585 Monroe St.                   http://www.extremenetworks.com
Santa Clara CA 95051-1450        em:  [email-masked]
****************************************************************

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jon Saperia [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Saturday, April 08, 2000 4:12 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]; snmpconf; Bert Wijnen; Randy Bush
> Subject: snmpconf Minutes of SNMPCONFG WG Meetings at 47th IETF -
> Reported by Jon Saperia

---

From: Jon Saperia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 18:14:23 -0400

> following text. I think they'd be better made as mailing list comments.
Thanks for the comments. As I mentioned in the earlier note, I had planned
on sending them out over last weekend, and I did.  With regard to the URLs,
that is a good idea and I will see what I can do - perhaps I will put them
up on my WEB site when I get a chance.

Thanks
/jon