Subject: snmpconf New version of the DiffServ Policy MIB

From: David Partain <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 16:52:06 +0100

Hello all,

I have just submitted a new version of the DiffServ Policy MIB to
the I-D folks.  Until it pops up in the repositories, you'll find
it at http://www.cs.utk.edu/~partain/draft-ietf-snmpconf-diffpolicy-03.txt

This version is MUCH smaller than previous versions of this MIB.
The reason is that one can now, directly in the DiffServ
MIB, create "templates" that aren't bound to a particular
interface/interface direction.  As such, it is no longer
necessary for "our" MIB to have all of the tables for creating
these templates.

Because the changes are so significant, it's not reasonable to
have a version with change bars, I'm afraid.

See you all in San Diego.

Cheers,

--
David Partain                  [email-masked]
Ericsson Radio Systems AB      Tel:    +46 13 28 41 44
Research and Innovation        Mobile: +46 70 633 0515
P.O. Box 1248                  Fax:    +46 13 28 75 67
SE-581 12  Linköping, Sweden

---

From: Michael MacFaden <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 13:01:10 -0800

Hello all,

I have also just submitted a new version of the working group
internet draft  "Best Current Practices for Configuration with SNMP."

Until it surfaces in the ietf repositories, you can find it here:
http://www.macfaden.com/ietf/draft-ietf-snmpconf-bcp-03.txt

We have added a new editor, Wayne Tackabury. There has
been substantial work on overall organization and prose.

Regards,
Mike MacFaden
Riverstone Networks, Inc
www.riverstonenet.com