Subject: Agenda - Configuration Management with SNMP (snmpconf) 49th IETF

From: Jon Saperia <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 09:03:26 -0500

Configuration Management with SNMP (snmpconf) 

CHAIRs: Daivd Partain   [email-masked]
        Jon Saperia     [email-masked]

THURSDAY, December 14 at 1300-1500
FRIDAY, December 15 at 0900-1130

To ensure a successful meeting, please check the internet-drafts
directory for updates to all of the WG documents. New versions will be
posted before the meeting as follows:

       The DiffServ Policy MIB
            draft-ietf-snmpconf-diffpolicy-03.txt
       Policy Based Management MIB
            draft-ietf-snmpconf-pm-04.txt
       Configuring Networks and Devices with SNMP
            draft-ietf-snmpconf-bcp-03.txt
AGENDA:

Below is the proposed agenda to cover the two working group sessions
that the SNMPCONF WG is having and the next IETF in San Diego:

Administration:
     - Sign-up
     - Status and Schedule
     - Note takers

Language Issues:
     - Proposal to have a string data type.
     - Within an execution environment do we need something like argv
       and argc?
     - Other proposed functions/changes.
        
Security Issues:
     - Dealing with SNMP actions in scripts - security parameter
       passing to the SNMP calls.
     - Mid-level manager security issues - inherited access writes -
       how do you decide which security parameters to use.

Policy Grouping for precedence:

     - Define rules - e.g., ensure that when a policy is no longer
       valid, rather than waiting for max latency, when C uncovers B,
       B executes immediately
     - Finalize objects

Do we need an accessor for CLI functions?

Notification Types for capabilities updates - desire to see new
capabilities only of types of interest. - Scope
     - By registering ones you want to see, or
     - registering ones you do not want to see

Protection from scripts running for ever - the looping question

Schedule work finalization

Discussion of the version .06 DiffServ MIB Module and how it and the
DiffServ Policy and Policy Modules work together.

BCP Discussion - changes since last draft - remaining Issues.

Closure On issues from the interim meeting.

Other issues and Closing.

If you have any potential agenda items you would like considered, please
email either David or Jon:

       [email-masked]
       [email-masked]

Thanks,

David Partain and Jon Saperia