Subject: New I-D: draft-ietf-snmpconf-diffpolicy-05.txt

From: David Partain <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 13:43:41 +0200

Greetings,

With the completion of the DiffServ MIB (RFC 3289), Harrie
and I have updated the SNMPCONF part of the picture.  I have
submitted draft-ietf-snmpconf-diffpolicy-05.txt to the Internet
Drafts folks.  The blurb is sent was:

  Title    :  The Differentiated Services Configuration MIB
  Author(s):  H. Hazewinkel, D. Partain
  Filename :  draft-ietf-snmpconf-diffpolicy-05.txt
  Pages    :  27
  Date     :  June 2002

This memo describes a MIB module that provides a conceptual
layer between high-level "network-wide" policy definitions that
affect configuration of the Differentiated Services (diffserv)
subsystem and the instance-specific information that would
include such details as the parameters for all the queues
associated with each interface in a system.  This essentially
provides an interface for configuring differentiated services
at a conceptually higher layer than that of the Differentiated
Services MIB.

If you're impatient and want it before it appears
in the I-D repositories, you can pick up a copy at
http://standards.ericsson.net/partain/documents/draft-ietf-snmpconf-diffpolicy-05.txt

Cheers,

David and Harrie