Subject: snmpconf multicast snmp

From: "WILHELMSEN,JON (HP-Roseville,ex1)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 16:35:59 -0700

Recently I've run across the term "Multicast-SNMP". I found a paper Jurgen
Schonwalder wrote ("Using Multicast-SNMP to Coordinate Distributed
Management Agents") and also a DePaul University computer science school
paper on a similar subject ("Extending SNMP with IP Multicasting"). However
I've found no information on any of the SNMP vendor sites relating to this.

Could anyone shed any light as to whether anything's going on with
Multicast-SNMP in the real world and in what capacities?

Thanks for you feedback,

Jon Wilhelmsen

=================================
Jon C. Wilhelmsen
HP-IPS Connectivity Roseville
Hewlett-Packard Company
8000 Foothills Boulevard, MS 5665
Roseville, CA 95747-5665
916/785-2378
FAX 916/785/5959
=================================