Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-snmpv3-intro-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 09:52:23 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This draft is a work item of the SNMP Version 3 Working
Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Introduction to Version 3 of the Internet
			  Network Management Framework
	Author(s)	: J. Case, R. Mundy, D. Partain, B. Stewart
	Filename	: draft-ietf-snmpv3-intro-00.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 17-Jul-98
	
The purpose of this document is to provide an overview of the third
version of the Internet-standard Management Framework, termed the SNMP
version 3 Framework (SNMPv3).  This Framework is derived from and
builds upon both the original Internet-standard Management Framework
(SNMPv1) and the second Internet-standard Management Framework
(SNMPv2).

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-snmpv3-intro-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-snmpv3-intro-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-snmpv3-intro-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.