Subject: Last Call: An Architecture for Describing SNMP Management Frameworks to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 13:38:54 -0500

The IESG has received a request from the SNMP Version 3 Working Group to consider publication of the following as Proposed Standards:

  An Architecture for Describing SNMP Management Frameworks
  <draft-ietf-snmpv3-next-gen-arch-06.txt>

  Message Processing and Dispatching for the Simple Network Management
  Protocol (SNMP)
  <draft-ietf-snmpv3-v3mpc-model-06.txt>

  SNMPv3 Applications
  <draft-ietf-snmpv3-appl-04.txt>

  User-based Security Model (USM) for version 3 of the Simple Network
  Management Protocol (SNMPv3)
  <draft-ietf-snmpv3-usm-03.txt>      

  View-based Access Control Model (VACM) for the Simple Network
  Management Protocol (SNMP)
  <draft-ietf-snmpv3-acm-04.txt>

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by November 17, 1997.

Files can be obtained via
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-snmpv3-next-gen-arch-06.txt
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-snmpv3-v3mpc-model-06.txt
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-snmpv3-appl-04.txt
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-snmpv3-usm-03.txt
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-snmpv3-acm-04.txt