Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-snmpv3-usm-v2-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 09:52:50 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the SNMP Version 3 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: User-based Security Model (USM) 
                          for version 3 of the 
                          Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMPv3)
	Author(s)	: B. Wijnen, U. Blumenthal
	Filename	: draft-ietf-snmpv3-usm-v2-01.txt
	Pages		: 83
	Date		: 03-Aug-98
	
   This document describes the User-based Security Model (USM) for SNMP
   version 3 for use in the SNMP architecture [RFCxxx1].  It defines the
   Elements of Procedure for providing SNMP message level security.
   This document also includes a MIB for remotely monitoring/managing
   the configuration parameters for this Security Model.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-snmpv3-usm-v2-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-snmpv3-usm-v2-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-snmpv3-usm-v2-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.