Subject: rfc3418 and statistical information related to SMIv2

From: Donati Andrew-MGIA0477 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:11:37 -0500

rfc3418 references obsolete objects in the snmp group.  Some of these
contain some SNMP v1(now historic) statistical definitions. 

The question is, are there any plans or intentions to add some statistical
objects related to SMIv2 as defined in rfc 1905 such as 'snmpNoCreations',
'snmpWrongValues' etc ?  Also, objects such as 'snmpOutNotifications',
'snmpOutInforms', 'snmpInformRetries' can also be added.

---Below shows the obsolete group defined rfc3418.

   snmpObsoleteGroup OBJECT-GROUP
       OBJECTS { snmpOutPkts, snmpInTooBigs, snmpInNoSuchNames,
                 snmpInBadValues, snmpInReadOnlys, snmpInGenErrs,
                 snmpInTotalReqVars, snmpInTotalSetVars,
                 snmpInGetRequests, snmpInGetNexts, snmpInSetRequests,
                 snmpInGetResponses, snmpInTraps, snmpOutTooBigs,
                 snmpOutNoSuchNames, snmpOutBadValues,
                 snmpOutGenErrs, snmpOutGetRequests, snmpOutGetNexts,
                 snmpOutSetRequests, snmpOutGetResponses, snmpOutTraps
                 }
       STATUS  obsolete
       DESCRIPTION
               "A collection of objects from RFC 1213 made obsolete
               by this MIB module."
       ::= { snmpMIBGroups 10 }

Thanks,
Andy